Goa

N

ning

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Well had the game not been distrubited by " GOA we suck arse " or another piss poor french company..there would prob ONLY be english servers, what is this shit ????..if you cant understand english learn it or go play cards ffs ... You dont see danish , swedish , dutch or what ever peopel complain about there aint a server in there language ... I DEMAND A SERVER WHERE PEOPEL SPEAK JYSK AND I WANT IT NOW FFS !!!!!!!!!

France + Germany + Switzerland + Belgium + Austria + Quebec = 275 M people (with french speaking Africa = 400 M).

Danish + swedish + Dutch = 25M people

Understood ?
You do not have the choice ! You MUST learn english (because your national language is dying).
French and german absolutly don't need to learn english.
(every game, movie, books are translated in french and german. No only DAOC)
Everquest in french and german ? ==> www.eqloft.com
AC2 in french and german ? ==> http://microsoftgamesinsider.com/AC2/Intl/support-fr.htm
etc ...

A

Addlcove

I DEMAND A SERVER WHERE PEOPEL SPEAK JYSK AND I WANT IT NOW FFS !!!!!!!!!

dø ka' do got skyje jen vij pin eftar do

A

Aarweenie

anyone thought of it this way...

GOA is a french company... their main customers are either french or german...

so they provided a few German and French servers... but they wanted to leech some money out of the people who doesn't speak German/French... so they opened 2 English servers too...

what I think you are missing is that Prydwen and Excalibur isn't their MAIN servers...

GOA isn't providing english servers with the opertunity of getting the game in french/german... they're providing french/german version of the game with the alternetive to get it in English...

so it doesn't have anything about what language they learn in Germany/France... you have bought a ticket to the German/French servers, but because not all of you know French/German they installed 2 English servers...

if you want english servers you bought wrong ticket... you should have gone to the US servers...

D

Damon_D

Well atleast Belsameth , atleast I think/hope so , got that my post was more a joke than a whine, especialy because I demanded a server in a special danish dialect. But to the dude who wrote , that we had to learn english because our native language is dying .. LOL danish will never die..well maybe if you nuke us all to kingdom come, we are probably more attached to our language than the french peopel are..but we are not to stupid, to learn another or 2 or 3 languages besides danish, like the french are....better stop posting now..cause I realy realy dont like french peopel..arrogant bastards with nothing to have it in..only french person I do not hate is Laurent Fignon

fannens ves vi ikk ka få n servor paa jysk vor fannen er vi så henn do

D

Damon_D

to Aarweenie

Well if they had said on there homepage when they launched the game , that there main servers would be french , and that the english servers would be threated as shit compared to em..guesses what... I would have been playing on the US servers...But as there is not an option to move my chars to the US servers, I guesses I'll have to put up with those moronic french peopel oi..Atlest for a while more...

F

Fafnir

I didnt even know that Goa was gonna release Daoc when i went to the store and bought it :D Thought i bought a copy for the US so i could join my brother and some rl friends. So i installed the game logged on got the page with the servers and didnt see any MLF server there. Thats when i realized it was a fucking Euro copy. :( Had just moved away from home so i didnt have the dosh to buy another copy since the game store didnt accept return of an opened game.

But now i'm thinking of either quiting the game or move to US, a slight chance is that i stay. But i will let Fafnirs sub run out next week and other accounts sub when i go on holiday then i will decide if i'll return to pester you all. :p

A

Aarweenie

to Aarweenie

Well if they had said on there homepage when they launched the game , that there main servers would be french , and that the english servers would be threated as shit compared to em..guesses what... I would have been playing on the US servers...

well... don't you think all that have played on Pryd/Excal would have done so? and if no one would play on the english servers they wouldn't even need to open them...

D

Damon_D

Sooo but they did not post that did they ???, and I say that gives me the right to yell at GOA anytime it pleases me..if they want me to stop..just make a deal with Mythic about char movement..and I'm off

A

Aarweenie

well... look at the numbers of people playing on the German and French servers and compare it to the people playing on the English servers...

I had a look at their statistic page on www.camelot-europe.com

found out...

week peak for the diffrent languages:

English servers: 4203
French servers: 7974
German servers: 12 497

as you can see there are almost 2x as many playing on the French servers as the English... and almost 3x playing on the German servers...

what server language that brings in most money?

and what server language is then the main target customer?

F

Fafnir

I think theese numbers have something to do with the marketing Goa has been doin. All i've seen about Daoc is 2 small adds in some comp magazines. And as Kemor said they are having trials in both France and Germany, and IS thinking about England. Wonder what it is to think about.

A

Aarweenie

I think personally the reason they doubt about it now is that the game is old... it's about 1,5 years old... and there is few games that are capable to sell with economical profit of adverticing after 1,5 years... so why they doubt it now I can have understanding of... (adverticing isn't free you know ;p)

but why didn't they advertice it 1,5 years ago?

can't really say why... can only guess... and my guess is that the market for english speaking people was to unstable... for French and German speaking customers they were the only company selling the game in German and French... for english people however you had Mythic holding servers in US... they both were before GOA in patching the servers, and had more servers to choise of... so trying to put up with them would be hard...

now... as far as I know Mythic didn't sell daoc for US servers in Europe... but that didn't Mythic know... and they could lose a lot of money on adverticing for something no one was going to buy...

if you would have seen an advertice... one showing the US with faster patching, more servers and so... then seeing GOAs... what would you choise?

they would risk a lot of money beeing thrown in the sea by doing massive adverticing...

only my guess... so NOTE: this was only a theory why they didn't advertice it...

these are the rules of the jungle...

R

red_dog

Just to throw a slight spanner in the works:

Whilst I started playing 'cos some friends were already on Prydwen, I was also attracted to the idea of an English server (obviously before I knew about differences in patch implementation etc). My only other experience of MMORPG's was playing AC1 (obviously all US servers), and whilst it was cool to meet folk from around the world, the thought of English/European servers where there would be people with whom I would have culturally more in common applealed to me. Equally, I thought that European teenage l33t players would be slightly less annoying than US ones (the juries still out on that one...)

So, in short, I for one came for the European English language server.

S

stafford

i played legendofmir for 18 months
compared to the bumbling lets make a quick buck greasy muppet mir staff

goa are gods

S

Sarum TheBlack

You gotta laugh at the way England thinks it's such a big place.. sure we did the whole victorian emprie thing.... but we almost univerally picked on people who didn't stand a chance against us, we never really went up against anyone our level. (And don't talk to me about the wars.. we were loosing WW2 until the US stepped in, not that we didn't play a major role, we just lacked manpower). To this day we have an over inflated sense of self importance.. beaten only by the Amerians ability to consider that "the world" is limited to the space within their own borders, and their eternal belief that everyone would be an American given the chance.

GOA is providing a Euro version of DAoC. From the number of servers, and how empty the English ones are compaired to the German/French ones, the vast majority of their customers don't play on the English servers. We're just a sideline.. and why not? It doesn't take a huge amount of work on their behalf, and is a "catch all" solution... anyone in Europe that doesn't speak French or German probably speaks atleast a bit of English. Patching the way they do is the only logical and reaslistic way for them to patch.. if you want the patches straight away, as other people have said, go play in the US, get all the new bugs straight away!

A

adari

ok

ill make it easy for the people who dont like goa

Fuck off and go play an other game

There :)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by adari
ok

Why dont you fuck off and get your diapers changed ???
You kinda smell of Excalibur crap

I happen to like DAOC..I Happen to NOT like GOA..If GOA should ever come up with an char movement option , and I would gladly pay what I pay'd for the game..maybe even more..I would be of to Mythic so fast you would not belive it..But as I'm getting danm close to have 5 lvl 50's here ( 1 week of good lvl'ing in malmo..or 2 bad week's) ..I'm not gonna start over from zero... I bet if the option where there, GOA could close down the english servers tomorrow

N

ning

Well atleast Belsameth , atleast I think/hope so , got that my post was more a joke than a whine, especialy because I demanded a server in a special danish dialect. But to the dude who wrote , that we had to learn english because our native language is dying .. LOL danish will never die..well maybe if you nuke us all to kingdom come, we are probably more attached to our language than the french peopel are..but we are not to stupid, to learn another or 2 or 3 languages besides danish, like the french are....better stop posting now..cause I realy realy dont like french peopel..arrogant bastards with nothing to have it in..only french person I do not hate is Laurent Fignon

fannens ves vi ikk ka få n servor paa jysk vor fannen er vi så henn do

lol very arrogant post. Gratz !

F

Fafnir

Well if Goa really would have like any other players than the German and French they would have done more to get them, but no, nothing has been done really.

Originally posted by adari
ok

I will as soon as WOW/Horizons/DE is released.

Users who are viewing this thread