GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

T

Tafaya Anathas

Prydwen underpopulated? Oh yes, and then why the server crashes 2 times out of 4 serius relic raids? We pay the same, we aren't get the same.

O

old.yaruar

Re: Re: Re: GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

Originally posted by svartmetall
No, it's not...ATM I can't play all 3 realms, but French players can.

I pay the same, I should have the same choices available.

Yes you can. Do the decent thing and learn a modern european language and use daoc as your practice medium.

TBH there is no need for a third english server, the costs would far outweigh the benefits, especially when we aren't close to hitting max population on the current servers.

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Re: Re: GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

Originally posted by old.yaruar
learn a modern european language and use daoc as your practice medium.
...!

This is a game, not school.

T

the_smurflord

They should open spanish, finnish, dutch and swedish servers and slow the patch process down even more. :)

S

Solarius

An earlier comment hit on one thing I would like to see. If they changed the PvP server a little, set it up so that if you didn't type /safety before dinging lvl 11 then it would be permanently set to on. That way, Camlann would become both a PvP and a coop server, and the players who don't like to use the PvP server to try out the third realm could do so, without RvR yes, but no solution is perfect.

I think this would also boost the figures for Camlann. Might see a small drop in numbers for the regular servers, but nothing like what you would see with a third regular server.

F

Flimgoblin

the numbers on camelot-europe are from mid-afternoon when they took the updater down - if you check at primetime all 3 of the other french servers are at excalibur-levels of population or higher.

if Prydwen were topping 2800 at primetime we'd probably get a third english server.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Solarius
An earlier comment hit on one thing I would like to see. If they changed the PvP server a little, set it up so that if you didn't type /safety before dinging lvl 11 then it would be permanently set to on. That way, Camlann would become both a PvP and a coop server, and the players who don't like to use the PvP server to try out the third realm could do so, without RvR yes, but no solution is perfect.

I think this would also boost the figures for Camlann. Might see a small drop in numbers for the regular servers, but nothing like what you would see with a third regular server.
Not such a bad plan. The main reason I don't play Camlann is I have no interest in PvP ego-tripping...making Camlann co-op would get me on there pretty fast.

R

Roo Stercogburn

There isn't going to be a third English server. There isn't the population.

The only way there will be extra English based servers is if GOA hand control of those servers to Mythic and they are operated by Mythic themselves.

Since this will take away a sizable slice of income, it isn't going to happen.

If you absolutely must have access to all three realms on English language servers your only choice is to subscribe to a US account.

S

Solarius

Someone likes my idea? :eek7:

Uh oh!

It's the end of the world! It's the end! <runs screaming>

F

Flimgoblin

changing pvp so it's pvp/coop would bring in a whole load of issues they'd need to code around - e.g. the whole level 9 healers healing level 15 group but being pvp immune would be a problem in the higher level game, it'd need a fix, that's all coding/time/etc. that mythic won't want to invest.

There also wouldn't be all the PvE keep-takes like you get on Gaheris if they were still going to have the PvP keep/relic setup.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by
If you look at the numbers the france versus the English server.

We are soon getting a third server for us English speaking people.

Excalibur 1998
Prydwen 1337
--------------------------
Broceliande 2354
Ys 1967
Orcanie 1330
Carnac 552
-----------------------------
PVP

Camlann 632

you do realize that we need to fill excal and prydwen so much that if you divide it over 3 servers you get a reasonable amount still? france server have an average of 1500, so that would mean that we would probably need 4300 people on excal+prydwen to get a 3rd server. At the moment we got 3300 so no we dont have nearly enough people to get a third server. Also these numbers might be wrong as they are kinda old.

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by the_smurflord
GOA have always said they would gladly open a 3rd english server is the player numbers on the existing 2 justified it. So far they have not.

I think the reason there's not enough ppl on the English servers is because:
a) there's not much advertising in the UK for it
b) it doesn't cost any more to play on the US servers
c) there's only two English servers so you can't use the game to it's full extent

Little advertising aside, I can see why ppl choose to go to the US servers instead. Why pay the same price for a UK account and not be able to use the game to it's full extent and play in all three realms when you might as well go to the US servers and get the benefit of
a) playing in all three realms
b) not have to wait for patches whilst they translate them from English into French, German, and English
c) get good customer service (cos you have to admit the customer service GOA has provided in the recent events have been crap)
d) get a coop server

S

StormriderX

A 3rd english server would be a barren wasteland after 1month - kinda like pvp.

S

solabar

Don't be so sure. I suspect lots of people go to the US because there are at least three servers they can play on in the english language. Plus there is a distinct lack of advertising here compared to the rest of Europe. Anyone ever wondered why the english servers are full of Swedes, Danes, Greeks et al? Perhaps actually making the game easier to get in Britain that prying blood out of a stone would improve the population.

PvP is a barren wastland cause frankly PvP is a waste of space and time. Not my idea of fun to get ganked by LvL 50's just cause they can. But hell if you enjoy that feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread