GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

F

fafa

If you want my opinion ... the 4th French server is just a joke ... that server as less population than camlann on prime times.

There's enough servers for french and german speaking players .. 3 servers for each. They can all create chars on different realm, we english speaking players *can't*.

M

Mr_Omen

Originally posted by morcheeba
If you want my opinion ... the 4th French server is just a joke ... that server as less population than camlann on prime times.

There's enough servers for french and german speaking players .. 3 servers for each. They can all create chars on different realm, we english speaking players *can't*.

i very much doubt there will be :) i really dont see why we need 1 anyway.....its fine the way it is now

A

astriix

Its a good point, GOA should think about that..

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

Originally posted by Mr_Omen
...its fine the way it is now
No, it's not...ATM I can't play all 3 realms, but French players can.

I pay the same, I should have the same choices available.

M

Mr_Omen

aye ok i agree then but still i havent had the need of a 3rd server ive just deleted or bought another account

S

Solarius

I'd love a third english server too, but sadly there isn't the playerbase at the moment. Maybe if they have a good advertisment campaign when ToA comes out that might change.

well, we can hope!

T

the_smurflord

GOA have always said they would gladly open a 3rd english server is the player numbers on the existing 2 justified it. So far they have not.

G

Georg Granfeldt

HEHE

I havent bother looking at the france server before but now its like 552 chara on that server.

O on the Camlann server it´s like 632 characters.

First who the bladdy hell did come up with the idea of a fourth
france server it cant be run with profits at all.

You begin to wounder:

- Is the CEO of Goa created a private server for his son/daughter?

-Is this a kind of hidden PVP server ? For stupid whining france people ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you look at the numbers the france versus the English server.

We are soon getting a third server for us English speaking people.

Excalibur 1998
Prydwen 1337
--------------------------
Broceliande 2354
Ys 1967
Orcanie 1330
Carnac 552
-----------------------------
PVP

Camlann 632

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no comment about the German servers.

GOA are france and for some reason they favor the france customers...

G

Georg Granfeldt

Originally posted by the_smurflord
GOA have always said they would gladly open a 3rd english server is the player numbers on the existing 2 justified it. So far they have not.

I do wounder who justifie the france fourth server ????

if you looking at the numbers france v english players

ps not flame against the smurflord. Just a note how they thinking at Goa

V

Validus

crackcry.jpg

cry more n00b!

i've always wanted to say that :D

G

Georg Granfeldt

Originally posted by Solarius
I'd love a third english server too, but sadly there isn't the playerbase at the moment. Maybe if they have a good advertisment campaign when ToA comes out that might change.

well, we can hope!

hm is it a player base for a fourth france server?

Answer is : NO

G

Georg Granfeldt

Re: Re: Re: GOA: Will we ever have a 3rd English server ?

Originally posted by svartmetall

hm yeas I fell the same ..

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Georg Granfeldt
hm is it a player base for a fourth france server?

Answer is : NO

There was before the 4th server opened. The existing french servers were getting quite crowded. Obviously when they open a 4th there is a redistribution of players from the other 3, lowering their numbers.

S

Sabu

Prydwen population is low, so opening a third english server would be something stupid...

N

ning

there is no /level command on the 4th french server. That's why it is empty.

G

Georg Granfeldt

Ok decided now Goa will not get any more money from me.

Cya in WoW later on ..

good grapics

fun

during that time I go beta testing Dragon Empires on full time..

Cya

M

mucking_fuppet

Prydwen population has risen drastically over the last few months, it used to be 800 or so prime time, now it's well over 1000. There is a large enough database to justify opening a new server imo.

M

Melachi-

I said this to goa through rightnow and all they could reply with was, try Camlann, and they set the question to Answered.

Id love to play alb on another english server. I dont like PvP and tbh its hardly an english server at all :p

T

The Real Redi

I do wonder why, seeing as there are 5 German servers, 4 French and a PvP server, why French or German people insist on coming to the English servers?

Not a racist comment, but lets face it, I'm lazy and uneducated enough that i only speak english, and you guys have the resources and the opportunity to play all three realms, some of you can even play the same realm in two different places without loosing out. We pay the same subs, we play the same hours, we have all comers on our servers, but we arent even given the opportunity of a third server.

If they are so concerned about us not supplying enough numbers to justify it, then why not use the hardware they just replaced on Excalibur? It's not going to need the uber machine they've stuck in Excals place, so why the hell not, GoA? You already have the hardware, you already have the players...

oooh, it's a bloody good job i don't have the phone number of GoA Towers... :cool:

D

Danya

Extra server = extra time spent patching and generally running it, it's more than just having a box to run it on.

H

hercules-df

Give the spanish their own server before a 3rd server for UGLY ENGLANDERS!

As long as they still play on excal occasionally, they are great
entertainment, especially the ones who dont speak a word of english, communicating via football teams and players 4 teh win :)

T

tris-

GOA: will we ever have 2 english servers that work propley?

that should be the Q, not will we ever have 3.

D

Dook_Pug

Ah I see...

So because YOU want a third server so you can play all realms the remaining English servers must suffer.

If a third server comes out, Prydwen will die. It's already on it's last legs as it is.

That doesn't matter though, because you want to play all three realms!

O

old.Sandariel

Originally posted by The Real Redi
I do wonder why, seeing as there are 5 German servers, 4 French and a PvP server, why French or German people insist on coming to the English servers?

Well, being a german playing on Prydwen since day one:

The german translation sucks ;)
I played on a german server for a few days after release. Got a wizzie to level 9, then stopped playing and waited for the english servers to open... (german servers opened one or two weeks before the english ones)
Most mob names and translated texts just sound stupid and steal a lot of the games atmosphere. It just sounds... wrong. German is not a good language for RPGs imho, especially not the MMO ones ;)
Anyway, that's not the only reason. Played in beta on Excal and still knew a few people from there. Some went to Prydwen, so I went there too :)
Oh, and meeting people from all over europe > meeting only germans.
I enjoy to learn more about other countries and to talk to people from <insertrandomcountryhere> :)
Well, just a few reasons why germans/french people might choose to play on an english server :)
As long as someone's able to communicate in english... why shouldn't he/she/it anyway? Who cares? :)

Oh about the third english server: Bad idea. Prydwen already has a low population... Would just make it worse, even tho I'd love to play all three realms on three different english servers :)
But since DAoC advertisement in UK seems to be non-existant I guess we'll have to stick to the 2 existing ones :(

L

-Lillo-

1. Another english server is unnecessary at this time, BUT since they gave the french a server that is hardly used at all I think we should get another one too.

2. It's FRENCH FFS :p

T

Twaize

The problem is that neithr Prydwen or Excalibur are full! So we won't get a new one whereas the french servers were often full so therefor they get a new one! Btw we could need a Bi-Xeon on Prydwen

R

Repent Reloaded

Originally posted by morcheeba

We dont have another english server because we dont "need" another english server.
Excal isnt full and pry isnt half full, we dont need one.

P

pihlss

Originally posted by Danya
Extra server = extra time spent patching and generally running it, it's more than just having a box to run it on.

Yea but we English players want it and we pay the same amount in fee due to currence some even pay more then the france and the germans.

end of story-

S

ssera

Originally posted by pihlss
Yea but we English players want it and we pay the same amount in fee due to currence some even pay more then the france and the germans.

end of story-

currency exchange rate is hardly GOA's fault....

S

shanks

They should, but wont happend since we "have" pvp. Rather have a english Coop server then another normal tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread