GOA: What version are you working on right now?

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
590
Tesla Monkor said:
1.74, since 1.75 isn't live yet in the USA. ;)
Na 1.73 since they are bound to contractual agreements where they always will have to be one patch behind the US. So they can never go live with 1.74 till 1.75 is running on the live servers in the US
 

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
1,452
Catacombs = 1.73.

They'll start on 1.74 once they get the files, I would imagine. (About 6 weeks after it goes live in the US.) 1.75 is going to be pretty huge, so it'll cause quite a bit of wait time. :)

You're right that Mythic will never provide the files in such a timeframe that GOA can run the same patch as they are.. No matter how fast GOA translates, they'll always be forced to stay 6 weeks behind.

Basically:

It'll come when it comes and not a moment sooner. :)
 

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
1,452
According to the 'Things to come' thread 1.75 also includes massive graphic overhauls for most of the buildings in the old world (including the capitals.).

Not sure it'll be in 1.75, but it sure looks neat. Those places have been unchanged for over 3 years, so really need a renovation. :)
 

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
967
Since 1.75 notes are now ten pages of single space ten point font, so we're downright afraid to make the patch any larger. There's a LOT of content and fixes going in - and it's going in tomorrow. The plan is to take down the servers at 8:00 AM EDT, and return them at 1:00 PM EDT.
From camelotherald
 

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
589
Really wish they would update some of the classic DAoC zones.

Alot of these zones are very rarely visited, perhaps ditch the current mobs and start adding in some more epic level mobs, something like that.
 

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
2,048
VidX said:
Really wish they would update some of the classic DAoC zones.

Alot of these zones are very rarely visited, perhaps ditch the current mobs and start adding in some more epic level mobs, something like that.
I think thats what they intend to do, at least according to this article, starting with graphics and redoing mobs etc
Looks good judging by these before/after shots



 

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
439
Quinlan said:
Na 1.73 since they are bound to contractual agreements where they always will have to be one patch behind the US. So they can never go live with 1.74 till 1.75 is running on the live servers in the US
Your sayinng they haven't even started on 1.74?
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
I think they have...they normally start translation right away.
 

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
19,742
VidX said:
Really wish they would update some of the classic DAoC zones.

Alot of these zones are very rarely visited, perhaps ditch the current mobs and start adding in some more epic level mobs, something like that.
Totally agreed. They either need to go back and make areas like Llyn Barfog (also mid/hib equivs) either good zones for exping or completly update the epic mobs and add alot of new quests. Llyn Barfog has been dead for pretty much 2.5 years now, the drops are laughable and the mob range is very poorly thought out, having level 14 mobs in the same zone as level 65 mobs is just plain daft.
 

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
95
cHodAX said:
Totally agreed. They either need to go back and make areas like Llyn Barfog (also mid/hib equivs) either good zones for exping or completly update the epic mobs and add alot of new quests. Llyn Barfog has been dead for pretty much 2.5 years now, the drops are laughable and the mob range is very poorly thought out, having level 14 mobs in the same zone as level 65 mobs is just plain daft.
/slap :p
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom