GOA w00t yer server rocks

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
there was only 100 or so in the bg so not likely to get 200 spam and I doubt you'd have seen me since I was at the bottom of the ocean half idle... ;)

still - what do you think made the server crash? in midgard it's usually because 250 albs +250 mids = a lot of people in one zone putting out a lot of messages...

100 albs + ? hibs shouldn't give the same kinda response...

I dont think mids ever were that many either, since we didnt find out about your raid until after the servercrash, and we didnt know for sure even then, we just assumed that you were raiding Dagda, and went to intercept at AMG incase of your success, but hibs were already there and the rest is being discussed in another thread :)

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
there was only 100 or so in the bg so not likely to get 200 spam and I doubt you'd have seen me since I was at the bottom of the ocean half idle... ;)

still - what do you think made the server crash? in midgard it's usually because 250 albs +250 mids = a lot of people in one zone putting out a lot of messages...

I don't think it was purely related to RvR (ie. there was probably higher load on the server for some other reason when the raid happened - and the raid was the proverbial last straw)
Do you really think we didnt have huge amounts of shroom spam when Mids were attacking Dagda or Scath?
The server survived bigger numbers on the weekend with Mids and shroom spam.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Amadon said:
I don't think it was purely related to RvR (ie. there was probably higher load on the server for some other reason when the raid happened - and the raid was the proverbial last straw)
Do you really think we didnt have huge amounts of shroom spam when Mids were attacking Dagda or Scath?
The server survived bigger numbers on the weekend with Mids and shroom spam.

tis very odd indeed - maybe a memory leak somewhere?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
yes sort of...I am back but my char is in a different chronological dimension...i.e. I de before I see people...then I get instant replay :D

Isn't that called "lag"? :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

NetNifty said:
157 or so in bg before hibbyland crashed last i checked iirc

apparently, someone is lying :)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
With me, in mt col., there was max 50 albs ... 3fga+ stealters was killed around the tower at brefine border 15+ min earliere...

we didnt have any numbers to pull guards of the relic keep... so a bit surprising to us when the server crashed....

i guess that it was just a server hick up..... (chose to belive the guys saying the schroom thing was a joke)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

don't forget that also those not particapting in the raid were in emain: that includes roughly 100 mids (incl buffbots) and some more albs who were not in the bg and just romaed emain + buffbots at atk. Then add the 100 odd albs that were in the bg as well as the odd 100 hibs who came to have a look what was going on. I doubt a single shroom was cast when the server crashed (only afterwards some animists set up shroom fields at amg).

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
IRC is your friend.

Would be more fun if some stealther told his guildies/alliance or so, instead of some whine or whatever over IRC, that there was a huge amount of X-realm heading in X-direction. imo, IRC feck things up for those who try to do something funny on a certain realm.

just my 2 cents. :flame:

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Phule_Gubben said:
IRC is your friend.

Would be more fun if some stealther told his guildies/alliance or so, instead of some whine or whatever over IRC, that there was a huge amount of X-realm heading in X-direction. imo, IRC feck things up for those who try to do something funny on a certain realm.

just my 2 cents. :flame:

it was all over /as...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Win2k server box needs a restart cus o the shitty coding imo >_<
Microsoft 4 teh win... not

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
NetNifty said:
DAoC servers run on linux i heard somewhere.
I thought they ran on a proprietry solution..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom