Goa update!

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
We are sure most of you followed our news about the registration page and the patch process so far. During the day some of you have encountered issues with these steps. We are aware of the situation and are working on solutions.

As we wrote in previous news connecting to our account system might lead to timeouts (error message 414). The link between the website and our account database needs some optimisation. Our technicians are working on that and, while their work will temporarily slow down the registration process we expect some improvements soon.

It might happen that the patcher stops working. The technical teams continue to improve the performance of the patcher and some of their changes might lead to a disconnection between your client and our patch server. In this case please restart you patcher, it will continue its download at the beginning of the last file you downloaded during the disconnection.

There has been a misunderstanding about the creation of new accounts. If you already have an account on www.war-europe.com , you don’t need to create a new one and can activate your key directly here.

Some of you have received error messages stating that your Open Beta code has expired. We are currently looking for the reason of this error message. Rest assure that your code is definitely valid.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and are working hard to improve the whole situation.

made a new thread because its fairly importaint and it would just get lost in the other thread thats beeing spammed anyway

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
So I DONT need a new account...OMG, spent all morning on the damn account page WAAAAAGH!!!

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
So the back end is messed up, the connection between the back and front ends is messed up and the front end patcher has issues too.

Is there any part of the process that works?

YouTube - Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
yea maybe if everyone wasnt trying to make new accounts alot of people would be ready by now...

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
real mess up, shame they couldnt let us enter our codes weeks ago like US have

anyhoo got server list up but all greyed out so for every1 still trying to enter codes dont panic you not missing anything

EDIT they have came up as i was posting this ! .. yay ! . gl entering your codes :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Although none of the links seem to work, at least theres signs of progress.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Got this more extended version from Warhammer Alliance thread:

good afternoon!

Today has been exciting to say the least! By now many closed beta testers have downloaded the new patch, while more and more new players are registering their accounts and validating their open beta keys. We are well aware of the numerous problems associated with the registration process. Most of these are due to the relentless pounding we’ve given the servers. As a reference, war-europe had two million (non-unique) hits between 8am this morning and noon. Flash or not, this is enough traffic to give most any website a run. This traffic was expected and a vital part of the open beta. Although it may have been a frustrating experience for many of you, we’ve gained lots of valuable data, further helping our preparations for the live launch.

We are expecting the open beta servers to be online soon(tm) and when they do, tens of thousands of closed beta testers are standing by the door, only to be followed by myriads of new testers who have managed to validate their keys.

Some common issues
-open beta key authentication error: Key has expired. This is caused by a communication problem with our databases. We are working on a solution. This error does not mean that your key is invalid.

-sometimes patching process will abort the download and one is forced to restart. This is caused by patching optimisation by our technicians. When they implement a change your connection may be severed. If this occurs you should restart the patching process; it will continue from the beginning of file you were last downloading.

-there has been mixed messages regarding players who had previously created accounts at war-europe.com but who was never a part of the closed beta and hence not automatically given open beta access. I have previously stated that these players must create new accounts. This is not correct; anyone who has an account at war-europe.com but does not currently have open beta access is free enter their open beta key here: Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning we will clarify this in the news shortly.

we are all working very hard and appreciate your patience. Frustration is understandable, but please remember that every single one of you are beta testers. The primary purpose of this day is to test our systems in preparation for live launch. Despite some delays and technical issues, open beta is drawing closer and you will soon be bathing in the blood of your enemies!

Oh, and for those of you who haven’t finished patching yet, the english servers are: Karag dron, karag orrud, nehekhara, karak-hirn, karak-norn, alarille, burlok and ellyrioon. They are all on the core ruleset for now. We’ll try to bring you open-rvr servers during open beta but for now we have no eta on this.

We are well aware of your frustration and apologise for any unnecessary inconvenience. The open beta servers will open soon and war will be upon europe.

-magnus

2 million hits...seems a lot but I'm a bit of a net noob...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hate to say I told you so!

(I'm just kidding for all those Pikeh haters out there)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
we are all working very hard and appreciate your patience. Frustration is understandable, but please remember that every single one of you are beta testers. The primary purpose of this day is to test our systems in preparation for live launch. Despite some delays and technical issues, open beta is drawing closer and you will soon be bathing in the blood of your enemies!
<snip>

I guess that's why we asked you to put the account center up before it was needed, and test it then. It is still terrible planning regardless of spin.

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus christ!!!

So basicly GOA are saying, everything we told you so far is not true, this is what you need to do.

Im allready in cause of closed beta, but this pisses me off. How hard can it be to get correct info out from the very begining. No wonder their servers crumbled under the pressure, when 100 thousand people trying to create new accounts.

And again, we read this info from a forum before its on the website.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Lol ive spent most of today making a new account and now i find out i can just use my original one! LoL o well shit happens.

titch

Fledgling Freddie
I missed that one, must have been whilst I was tanking my way through Blood Furnace. If many people like me had of received that post on the front page of the site or on general release to all the forums at 10:00 am I would have gone away, made no posts on any forums complaining and spent time doing other things.

Its really not hard to keep us informed :) and makes many of us happy when we are.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think they mean that the "mixed messages" were internal... hence the mispost about having to all create a new account.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I think they mean that the "mixed messages" were internal... hence the mispost about having to all create a new account.

Bloody worrying then, since that message was given by the official website! Quality control at GOA is not what it should be, obviously....

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
there has been mixed messages regarding players who had previously created accounts at war-europe.com but who was never a part of the closed beta and hence not automatically given open beta access. I have previously stated that these players must create new accounts. This is not correct; anyone who has an account at war-europe.com but does not currently have open beta access is free enter their open beta key here: Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning we will clarify this in the news shortly.

Please tell me this is a joke?

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
pass the word around, maybe less people spamming new accounts will allow people to authenticate and get through

Seffrid

Fledgling Freddie
"Our technicians are working on that and, while their work will temporarily slow down the registration process"

Is that possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom