GOA to host WoW??

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
omg if GOA get it i'll be seriously pissed off

TBH i will probably just import the yank version cos i can't be assed with all the shit we get for living in europe

freakyphil

Fledgling Freddie
Judging from the Official Press Release it is NOT GOA that is hosting it. Blizzard are building their OWN European team and basing it in France. No where does it mention GOA!

From the press release:

"During a press conference held today, Blizzard Entertainment® announced plans to build a local World of WarcraftTM team in Europe. The team will be responsible for community relations, customer service, and technical support for the game. Additionally, they will manage the distribution and hosting of World of Warcraft on local European servers. With a regional team in place, Blizzard intends to affirm its commitment to the European game community by delivering a massively-multiplayer experience of unparalleled quality.

Based in France, the pan-European team will serve as an integral part of the game's development process. In this role, they will help manage both text and voice localization, assist in the synchronization of development schedules, and communicate player feedback directly to the World of Warcraft development team. Furthermore, having a team located in Europe will provide gamers with faster response times, direct game master (GM) support, and personal communication with local call-center representatives dedicated to helping players with questions regarding gameplay and/or technical issues in their native languages."

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Nope blizzard is going to start a EU team specially for WoW so no worries about GoA hosting this, BUT there are going to be translations to french or german. So basicly we prolly gonna have a delay in patches again. From blizzard :

The European gaming community is very important to us," stated Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With a dedicated World of Warcraft team in Europe, we can provide players with an extraordinary level of customer service and community support."

Furthermore, having a team located in Europe will provide gamers with faster response times, direct game master (GM) support, and personal communication with local call-center representatives dedicated to helping players with questions regarding gameplay and/or technical issues in their native languages.

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
helping players with questions regarding gameplay and/or technical issues in their native languages.

LoL so they gonne answer me in Fries ? :clap:
that would be the day :eek2:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lets hope there not as big a buch of fuk ups as goa then be severly pissed if they end up like goa

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Sohan_thc said:
helping players with questions regarding gameplay and/or technical issues in their native languages.

LoL so they gonne answer me in Fries ? :clap:
that would be the day :eek2:

mwahahah kei goaf man :D

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Kenshee Himura said:

riiiiight. they gonna get people that speak estonian to me.

Gorguss

Loyal Freddie
Goldragon said:
Rather silly choise, french people just speak french :p

Don't be mean Goldy, though they bring a whole new meaning to the word stubborness.

Erinnizz

Fledgling Freddie
Rhesus_Minus said:
More french people speak english than english people speak any other language
;)

Then why does it seems like the ppl in France are more reluctant to speak other languages then French????

Dont get me wrong, I like France, but its a pain in the butt to try to get some work done if you "only" speak Swedish, english and some german...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Erinnizz said:
Then why does it seems like the ppl in France are more reluctant to speak other languages then French????

Dont get me wrong, I like France, but its a pain in the butt to try to get some work done if you "only" speak Swedish, english and some german...

Try to speak Swedish or German in UK so.
My statement was a comparison (More ... than). I've never said that everybody speak english in France. If you visit France, ask ppl between the age of 18 and 30 in English. Before, teaching foreign languages were not an obligation (Now, every student in highschool have to study at least 2 foreign languages (English/German, English/Spanish or English/Italian)).

French and German don't speak a perfect english because this language is absolutly not a need in daily life. People forget language that they don't need to use except if they have to speak it for their job.

FYI, 60% of the french speak 2 languages fluently : french and one of those one : Provencal, Breton, Alsatian, Corsican, Catalan, Basque, Flemish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom