[INFO] Goa subscription

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Just an heads up. Every time you "resubscribe" manually for another 1/3/6 Months, the System automatically sets you to Auto Renewal. :twak:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its how GOA intend to do business. Though Magnus said it wasn't how they wanted to do business. He has gone kind of quite since saying that though.

Epic fail on GOAs part, totally predicted though :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Its how GOA intend to do business. Though Magnus said it wasn't how they wanted to do business. He has gone kind of quite since saying that though.

Epic fail on GOAs part, totally predicted though :)

It does seem a bit convenient that neither Nic nor Magnus have commented on any of this and we know Nic has been around as he posted a thread recently.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
There are threads about this on lots of forums now, including alliance, I would guess Nic and Magnus are now just following the company line which is pretty much /ignore. It seems unfortunate that GoA has screwed up priorities when it comes to their subscribers, but that just seems to be the way it is.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
JFC, are they trying to piss as many people off as possible?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Yes it seems odd that they willingly implement system that automatically does something like this.

Wouldn't it be less stressful just to have the customer make the decision?

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I would guess Nic and Magnus are now just following the company line which is pretty much /ignore.

Neither the CM team nor GOA in general are ignoring this situation. But unfortunately there is not a whole lot that we, the CM team, can say on this topic at the moment.

So yes Magnus and myself will remain quiet on this topic.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I sometimes wonder what the "we've learned so much from the years of DAoC" really means. To me it seams they learned nothing :>

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

lol, soo.....why did they hire you again?

tbh goa is worse then the gold farmers ingame..
wonder if mark does anything against goa soon. You are ruuing their game..

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Neither the CM team nor GOA in general are ignoring this situation. But unfortunately there is not a whole lot that we, the CM team, can say on this topic at the moment.

Nic, I accept that, but each day this goes on, the more customers you loose.

Anyone one submitting tickets on this issue is getting the standard, tough your not getting a refund reply, I have two of them myself, not we are looking into this or we shall see what we can do.

If you want to stand any hope of winning any of the custom back you have lost in the past seven days, you will have to give a little more than an apology on behalf of GoA, you will have to explain why this was done, what GoA plan to do about it and what steps are going to be taken to ensure this won't happen again. A simple post on war-europe five or six days ago, admitting there is a problem and telling us you are looking into it may have saved you a lot of subsription loses, rather than a post just telling us that is the way it is for certain payment methods.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I sometimes wonder what the "we've learned so much from the years of DAoC" really means. To me it seams they learned nothing :>

maybe they learned that plenty of people do not check their bank account for those 'small' transactions carefully enough.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie

Anyone one submitting tickets on this issue is getting the standard, tough your not getting a refund reply, I have two of them myself, not we are looking into this or we shall see what we can do.

If you want to stand any hope of winning any of the custom back you have lost in the past seven days, you will have to give a little more than an apology on behalf of GoA, you will have to explain why this was done, what GoA plan to do about it and what steps are going to be taken to ensure this won't happen again. A simple post on war-europe five or six days ago, admitting there is a problem and telling us you are looking into it may have saved you a lot of subsription loses, rather than a post just telling us that is the way it is for certain payment methods.

Agree with everything you said, after DAoC I woulda thought you would have learnt communication goes a long way and saying that this was a problem, until I read this FH post I thought it was normal or was the way you were intending to do subscription... So I only learny something about money being taken from my card now and in the future by your company by a member of the community not you guys.

Also tbh it would be better if the automatic renewal was gone completely until fully working, atm people can be billed without them knowning which is alot more alarming and definatly a faster way to lose customers than just making everyone manually pay each and every month, after all 1 min entering in card details to make a payent is faster and would make for a happier customer than hours of complaining and trying to get back money from a card the person did not want to be billed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tbh most other MMOs follow that model - you subscribe, get billed until you stop... in EvE I subscribe, then unsubscribe if I don't want to play longer than a month.

The issue I have is that they gave us a choice initially which they then reverted - my account should have been set to 'cancelled' - i.e. cancel at the end of my billing period.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

They learned many phrases that they can keep messing with their customer base with impunity and that Mythic doesn't care one way or the other.
I'd say thats a lot learned.

taB

Part of the furniture

Any chance you have someone in your office who can make a decision or comment?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I've emailed Mark Jacobs direct, doubt he'll care though to be fair.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Thank you for your input TheBinarySurfer and others. As I have said before, please rest assured that this has our full attention. Magnus and myself being quiet on the topic does not mean we are not hearing your feedback. We are well aware of your opinions and feelings in this matter.

The official statement was posted in the news on Monday. We are passing on your feedback and GOA management are being briefed on the situation by myself and all the other community managers.

If any further information is released then it will be via our website as normal.

We understand that this is something you feel strongly about and this is being taken very seriously by senior management at GOA.

Have a great weekend all!

taB

Part of the furniture
Thank you for your input TheBinarySurfer and others. As I have said before, please rest assured that this has our full attention. Magnus and myself being quiet on the topic does not mean we are not hearing your feedback. We are well aware of your opinions and feelings in this matter.

The official statement was posted in the news on Monday. We are passing on your feedback and GOA management are being briefed on the situation by myself and all the other community managers.

If any further information is released then it will be via our website as normal.

We understand that this is something you feel strongly about and this is being taken very seriously by senior management at GOA.

Have a great weekend all!

The feedback you are receiving is because your official statement is insufficient and dare I say it, unacceptable. I suggest one of the powers that be has a rethink and replies properly about this matter.

Your post is appreciated Nic however you do not seem to be the person who should be responding to this. Please can we have a satisfactory response from an employee higher up the food chain? I doubt they work weekends however...

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Your post is appreciated Nic however you do not seem to be the person who should be responding to this. Please can we have a satisfactory response from an employee higher up the food chain? I doubt they work weekends however...

I agree, Management should be addressing this problem directly and sooner rather than later. This was an unacceptable decision, and I think with the accusations that are flying around, the thinking behind this should be explained too.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm in Dublin next week with work, seriously tempted to pit stop at their offices and see if i can talk to someone in a position to give some fucking answers as nothing is forthcoming hidden behind the internet wall.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Agreed.

As for Nic:

Silence on a topic this potentially inflammatory is not a good thing, people want to know why it happened and what GOA are planning to do about it. No-one wants to be told "we can't say anything on the topic", that does more harm than good.

I am one of the many who gave GOA a fair crack following 6 years of inept management of DAoC, a clean slate seemed fair (you'll find many posts i have made to this end all over this forum and the beta boards). But this is really not good enough and unless things improve you might have a real problem on your hands.

Be proactive, not reactive. As soon as you know of a problem admit to it and tell us what is being done, don't wait weeks in silence. Your silence only leads to bitterness as players discuss this over and over and it becomes frustrating. THIS is what we resent, THIS is what happened in DAoC and THIS is what you PROMISED would not happen again....i guess a leopard never changes it's spots :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Auto-renewal when you subscribe is normal, frankly most of you know this but whinge about it anyway. What annoyed me was having the status of the auto-renew changed without my conscent and then the onus being put on me to change it to prevent billing - frankly it's an awful show of disrespect and an utterly unethical way to treat customers.

It wasn't even a mistake - they did it on purpose! I'd love Nic or Magnus to issue some form of STICKY apology from someone now in the CM team about this - GOA are not taking this seriously enough.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love to know how they also intend to explain the " Re-activation " of " Cancelled " accounts .

Mine being one of them .

Was cancelled well before they decide to "forcibly " set everyone to auto renew .

To say i'm annoyed would be an understatement , especially when the monkeys that respond to support tickets send out the usual cut and paste crap about " we took this decision to improve our billing system " and don't even address the question of why a cancelled account was re-activated without permission from the account holder .

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Auto-renewal when you subscribe is normal, frankly most of you know this but whinge about it anyway. What annoyed me was having the status of the auto-renew changed without my conscent and then the onus being put on me to change it to prevent billing - frankly it's an awful show of disrespect and an utterly unethical way to treat customers.

yes, this is what got to me and i suspect most people. i think the anger / annoyance / whatever has just spilled over into this thread too.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie

It wasn't even a mistake - they did it on purpose! I'd love Nic or Magnus to issue some form of STICKY apology from someone now in the CM team about this - GOA are not taking this seriously enough.

Aye autorenewal is normal with most things and alot of games I have played. And if I never deselected it, then its my fault and I would hold my hands up :)

As you said though the problem is the fact people did de-select it and then GOA decided to let us know we had to opt-out again. Huge disrespect as you said and tbh I doubt very much after we have already opt'd out of auto-renewal putting us back on autorenewal would be considered legal.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Aye autorenewal is normal with most things and alot of games I have played. And if I never deselected it, then its my fault and I would hold my hands up :)

As you said though the problem is the fact people did de-select it and then GOA decided to let us know we had to opt-out again. Huge disrespect as you said and tbh I doubt very much after we have already opt'd out of auto-renewal putting us back on autorenewal would be considered legal.
My two posts in this thread tell you why it's not legal (suggest you read them in order). Yes i'm shouting about this as it's looking increasingly like GoA trying to exploit people's ignorance of the law - which is one thing that gets me hot under the collar - businesses trying to put one over on the customer.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer-308/233728-i-billed-after-cancelation-2.html#post3460511

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie

Sorry Nic, but this is laughable - after all this time of problems with the billing of customers, the idea that Senior Management are 'taking this very seriously' is too feeble to be believed. They say nothing, do nothing, change nothing - that's not 'taking something seriously', that's what in English slang is called 'taking the piss'....

After the free period, I've not kept my account open precisely because I wanted to see how GOA handled credit card details and payments before I trusted them with my card info. Past experience was not good, so I thought 'let's see what they do before committing' - and I was absolutely right to do so.

You'd not get a penny from me unless I was sure all these seriously dubious practices by GOA had been cleared up, and since there's no sign of that happening, you can forget ever getting any cash from me. Shame, it was a fun game, but if I do come back to it, it will be the Mythic servers, not the GOA ones.

I sympathise with GOA CMs, you get the job of being the public face of the company while the rest of your colleagues ignore you and simply refuse to answer any reasonable questions you give them as representatives of us folks - but that's always been the way GOA worked, the philosophy there is "customers are there to be endured and should just shut up and pay money to GOA regardless of how GOA behave". That's not an attitude I'll ever put up with again.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
just got an mail, saying thanks for resubbing... i closed my acc almost 2 weeks ago?

GOA WTF? DELETE MY CC DETAILS YOU MUPPETS....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom