GOA renamed me....

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone can report "Offensive or unsuitable" names to Rightnow for GOA to look at. I know I've done it on occasion. Sad fucker you say?

I made the following screenshot, laughed my nuts off, then reported them :)

sshot067.jpg

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
~shrug~

Better than 90% of the other names out there. i.e. legooolas or legoooooooolas or, dare I say it, legooooolaos! ;)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
Anyone can report "Offensive or unsuitable" names to Rightnow for GOA to look at. I know I've done it on occasion. Sad fucker you say?

I made the following screenshot, laughed my nuts off, then reported them

http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluffington/sshot067.jpg

Its your right to do that, and indeed that guys name has probably crossed the boundary of what many would consider acceptable (including me).
Personally, i wouldnt have bothered, but im not saying you were wrong to, merely that to go and spend the time to do this would be better spent playing and not worrying about it.
And yes, i did laugh when i saw that pic :D

I dont consider "Boobz" to need any sort of Moderation, and i certainly cant honestly picture why anyone in Albion would be offended at my name, and report it? Maybe somebody with a grudge? At the end of the day EVERYBODY knows me (because im a loud SOB, and i spam a lot :p ) so for me to go all this time, and then suddenly be renamed seems strange.

I just want my name back. I know its a stupid name, but hey, i spend my entire day being serious and under considerable pressure at work to get things done properly, and when i get home i want to behave like i have the mentality of a 6 year old, generally goof around, spam etc ;)
Remember, GOA cast us as mentally unstable, im just roleplaying :m00:

Its disapointing to me to have my char changed in any way after spending so long playing it. Most here will tell you of the moaning i did when they nerfed my legs ( they gave female inconnus the same stance as all other female races). I still havent got over that, so you can imagine how much the Name change bothers me.

Unfortunately for me , i cant bare to even look at my char now they have changed the name, it bothers me so much. Its just not my char anymore, and until this is fixed i wont be playing her at all.
Some may think this is overreacting, but i have always been the same. When you play a char for so long, that char IS you. For this reason i could NEVER sell my account, even if i quit. I realise most others are more loose regarding such activities, but to imagine someone else playing my char makes my skin crawl.

For anyone that cares, i will be playing my Minstrel "Choonz" , my Iccle fish merc "Fishfingers InGoldenBreadCrumbs" and possibly my Wizzie "Tharkun".

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
It didn't waste much time. Was on a horse, and half watched the match at the same time ;)

Tho I have reported a name or two in revenge ;)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
(( sad to hear that boobz ....

would it help you think if i claim to rigth now that boomz is HIGHLY offensive in danish .... just looking at the name boomz make kids cry in denmark !!

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Filip said:
(( sad to hear that boobz ....

would it help you think if i claim to rigth now that boomz is HIGHLY offensive in danish .... just looking at the name boomz make kids cry in denmark !!

:m00: ;)

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Guess they'll have to ask for an alternative name for those giant secretary birds around Knarr in Mid too then... Boomries has a certain ring too it tho, hmmmmmmm

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to hear Boobz :(

I got a char called "DohImBlond ButHeyICanHeal" and she haven´t even gotten nerfed :eek7:

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
my mates BB was called Busty Bigbaps , goa changed that too, seen someone running around with wanky , and wanki earlier this week ehehe

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
some Hib got away with the name "Fuck You" once, i imagine they got it changed fairly quick :)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Hmmmm Wanky....i remember that name from a long time ago.

Still cant think of a name for my scout, thats even asuming they let me rename :(

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Hmm i thought of one, Much more stupid than Boobz though. Gotta see if they will let me have it ofc :p

Not saying it here yet.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Nooooooooo!

Change it to Mammariez or Pair OfPersonalitiez.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
Wtf is GoA run by a kindergarden?!? We have to do something against this, they have to learn wich names to rename and wich names is okay to stay as it is...
Can understand names like Hitler/Satan etc.

What about Stalin he is the biggest killer of modern time (with 15million killspams) i saw someone named stalin the other day but i cba with appealing

Light

Loyal Freddie
bah the fukers .. they can't take the name of our fav cg spamming mastAh always gives me a giggle :D

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but anyway...

It is beyond me why people insist in using the most stupid names and then complain why they get changed.
Please explain me the humor in names like 'Boobz', 'Wanka' and what not.
During my now 8 years of playing MMORPG I have seen a fair share of moronic names, and although it does not bother me that much (hell, I got better things to do then to report some immature kid who tries to be funny) I can see why others might be irritated by those names.

If you insist in using such a name, expect it to get changed at some point, end of story.

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Iskander said:
I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but anyway...

It is beyond me why people insist in using the most stupid names and then complain why they get changed.
Please explain me the humor in names like 'Boobz', 'Wanka' and what not.
During my now 8 years of playing MMORPG I have seen a fair share of moronic names, and although it does not bother me that much (hell, I got better things to do then to report some immature kid who tries to be funny) I can see why others might be irritated by those names.

If you insist in using such a name, expect it to get changed at some point, end of story.
as soon as the player that's plays the char with the "funny" name finds it funny then noone's else opinion matters....
at least when is not insulting/offensive...
imo boobz is funny name and can't figure out why they have change it.....:(
stupid goa hits the table again.....instead of doing something more usefull (like taking earlier the nerfed toa version so we are not forced to play for 2-3 months in a broken one)...
stupid goa

ps. we play games for having fun......and some ppls find fun from names to how their player look in the screen (wearing stupid wears etc:p) for someone maybe is stupid but as soon as the player itself have fun seeing it to his screen who give a shit? :D

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Powahhh said:
as soon as the player that's plays the char with the "funny" name finds it funny then noone's else opinion matters....
at least when is not insulting/offensive...

What might not be insulting/offensive for you might be offensive/insulting for others. that's why there are certain rules, and a CoC.
Each time you fire up DAOC you agree to follow those rules, and GOA/Mythic has got the right to change your name as they see fit.

Xplo

Banned
My clerics name Effi is a trademarket product, why don't they change that?
yeah i want to change it :D

missedagain

Fledgling Freddie
bring back boobz
i want to fondle boobz :)
let boobz roam free
hell if they changed yer name cos they found it offensive i better log me pally on when no one else is playing otherwise they may change it to rodney
wonder if they will find barebackrider offensive

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
Sad, just sad.
If anyone finds the word "Boobz" offensive or in any way abusive then they need their head checking. YOUNG CHILDREN use this word for gods sakes.
They didnt even have the god damned decency to tell me they were going to do it, and fuck up all my quick bars in the process.

Its like someone called "poop" being renamed. There are far worse that this.

First they nerf my legs, then they take my Name. I could just pay someone £8 a month to kick me in the bollocks for the same effect.

Someone complained and/or noticed the name, probably a very politically correct idiot or someone with a grudge, but if someone complains and the name constitutes something even vaguely offensive or may be constructed as something vaguely offensive then GOA will change it.

As for names being far worse; they rely on the E&E and the player base to voice their opinions.

Imo, you managed to annoy someone who is being petty, sadly there is pretty much nothing you can do about it :/

P.S. If you want Effi changed then get someone to rightnow the name as a trademark :m00:

Benn

Fledgling Freddie
LOL, "Boomz Fortehwin" doesn't have the same ring to is does it :D

Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh :)

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Benn said:
LOL, "Boomz Fortehwin" doesn't have the same ring to is does it :D

Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh :)

Beer ForTheWin imo!! or Jugs ForTheWin!!

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
Does this mean we have to now have you going on about your name in Guild Chat now ? Well at least it stops you moaning about Mythic nerfing your legs !

;)

/hug

And those that have met Boobz in emain CG's...... imagine what he's like in our guild chat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom