[GOA] Quests.

X

Xravius

You have probably noticed that in Cotswald there is various things. One including a Camelot Crier that tells you where to go for certain quests, I have just done them all for a mere few gold/silver. One I did was around the "Christmas Tree" where you get an adventurine' from a Bandit and give it to Noel. I know that some people have the problem where it says "this tree is already decorated" this is probably showing that only a certain amount of people can do it; I'm just wondering what the reward could be? :)

Also, you have probably seen the "ZOO" as people call it where there is 6 orange mobs to L50, and a little grey wolf of around level two. They have a magic barrier around them, you can buy a scent from the merchant there and it gives the ability for them to attack you if you go close enough, though you cannot hit them back. I was thinking maybe if a load of s/s Pala/Arms got in there with shield reactive procs to eventually kill them? Or using charge items? just a thought, cos they must be there for something othan than show surely?

-Xravius

S

SevenSins

Killed the captured salisbury giant.

Had my minstrel "tank" him with ablative on and used a wizards damage shield.

He dropped a bag of coins and instantly repopped. He also resisted all my reactive DD's.

Anyway there's nothing gained from killing these monsters, they're just there for the show and you can have the charmer to summon a wee wolf while she nicks 5 gold from you :)

I'll upload a screeny just for proof :)

S

SevenSins

Screenies:

sshot202.jpg

sshot203.jpg

A

araudry

look like they did that so all ppl cant kill them and see etc
but u still managed to kill one rofl

X

Xravius

Nice one SevenSins :)

Well, I must say, if that's the best [GOA] can give for a Christmas Event, then pfft. Other MMORPGs atleast put effort into special events.

Eg. FFXI, they decorated all trees with christmas decorations in cities, and they added new NPCs performing fire-eating shows etc.

Bah goa :)

Givf DAOC[2] where Sony/Blizzard makes it imo :)

A

amazingsteve

Sony gave the characters in Planetside a christmas hat and decorated some of the trees. Also, if u killed someone, their equipment looked like a present :)

X

Xravius

Originally posted by amazingsteve
Sony gave the characters in Planetside a christmas hat and decorated some of the trees. Also, if u killed someone, their equipment looked like a present :)
Nice again, but you see what I mean? DAoC is addictive and all, but a little more effort could be put into Events, don't you think? I would also like to point out on the Auction Event in Ludlow (anyone remember that?) Well, the little effort they put into that was crap, they basically put a line of the same coloured flags from one building to another, and a little wooden lathe *WOW*. Also, the easter event, where you could go to Thidrank (20-24 BG) and collect Eggs, but again the effort in that = blah + it was bugged (you could exploit it, not that many people did.)

N

ning

Originally posted by Xravius
Nice one SevenSins :)

Well, I must say, if that's the best [GOA] can give for a Christmas Event, then pfft. Other MMORPGs atleast put effort into special events.

Really ? They got nothing for xmas on the US servers.

O

Ottar

In midgard there is some "2003 christmas quest". NPC named Nöel in Audliten. First sends you for aventurine, common loot gem that drops off rattling skellies in Mularn. Need to make lowbie char to get it. Next thing she sends you to look for weaponsmith to make "high quality dagger". Thats where I got stuck. Offered him MP bronze dagger, doesnt want it. Anyone had any bright ideas?

Ottar

X

Xravius

Originally posted by Ottar
In midgard there is some "2003 christmas quest". NPC named Nöel in Audliten. First sends you for aventurine, common loot gem that drops off rattling skellies in Mularn. Need to make lowbie char to get it. Next thing she sends you to look for weaponsmith to make "high quality dagger". Thats where I got stuck. Offered him MP bronze dagger, doesnt want it. Anyone had any bright ideas?

Ottar
Same with albion. You go to Cotswald and talk to Nöel also. She asks you for an aventurine, which is the same item but from a bandit (level 5-9) which you also need to make a lowbie char to get. Next thing is the high quality weapon, but on Albion it's a war axe, which DOES work.

-Ottar, I don't think it can be Bronze, think it needs to be Steel or above, and 99% and above. (Definatly does not need to be MP)

The reward on Albion was 10g+25million EXP at level 46, what do you get? Tell me/us when you manage/if you manage to complete it please :)

Originally posted by ning
Really ? They got nothing for xmas on the US servers.

Yep. Main towns like Windurst got decorated. "they got nothing for xmas on the US servers." Hmm, they did mate.. I play on the US.Client on server Bismarck?

O

Ottar

> Ottar, I don't think it can be Bronze, think it needs to be
> Steel or above, and 99% and above. (Definatly does not
> need to be MP)

Tried to give her 99% fine alloy dagger. Didnt want that either. Think they can stuff it, not like I need the exp on char that has 4.5 bubs at lvl 50..

Ottar

E

Elcyion

Nöel says something about a "barbed" axe... should read Bearded, just ignore the dagger part...so, try to give her a small bearded axe...qua 96% bronze will do..=)...

Users who are viewing this thread