GoA, quality of service and the future...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
We all know you're stuck with Opentransit who have problems too keep up their network accessible (see today's problems e.g.).

Are you going to cooperate with those guys when Warhammer will be released in Europe too? Or is EA choosing a proper network carrier?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If the servers are based in France then they have no choice but to use Open Transit, though didn't GOA recently open offices in Ireland?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I thought GoA is a doughter company of the French Telecom? Is Opentransit too?

Must be more than one major network carrier in France.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If the servers are based in France then they have no choice but to use Open Transit, though didn't GOA recently open offices in Ireland?

That's the New English Support Team Branch Office afaik (they must have finally realized that no1 wanna go live in fucking Bercy or whereever they got the Head Office).
As for me my next Mythic game will be played on Us Servers period.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie

Maybe but most countries outside of the US only have one. Generally either government operated or ex-government operation that has been turned into a monopolised private company ( BT, Telecom NZ etc..). Even after the wire network has been 'unbundled' its still at its core level one network.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I thought GoA is a doughter company of the French Telecom? Is Opentransit too?

Real problem is that all the Backbones TO France are owned by OT, hence if they put the Server Farm in any point of France, u'll have to pass through OT.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
As others have said there tends to be only one dominant supplier, normally the countries national telecoms giant.

In the UK have a slightly different situation, with the NTL/Telewest (now Virgin Media). They actually layed fibre to alot of houses in the south. So for those people when you are going cable, then you mostly tend to be using their separate network.

But most of the time sky/carphone warehouse etc are using BTs network. In some cases BTs exchange equipment, but now they are putting their own kit in exchanges. But its still from point to point BTs network.

So in France you have OT which is a subdivision I think of France Telecom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom