GOA on a RAMPAGE

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Allowed on USA servers afaik.

Its a pretty big business over there to buy and sell plats online :]

GOA you have better things to do than track down people that spends their cents on ingame fundings ;)

Still pretty happy I left this French crap business :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I'd much rather see bugs, radar users, LoS abusers and worse things removed than stupid ppl who buy ingame cash with RL cash... not that I support it, just saying the latter is less worse than the first things mentioned IMHO.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Nausilus^^ said:
Personally I'd much rather see bugs, radar users, LoS abusers and worse things removed than stupid ppl who buy ingame cash with RL cash... not that I support it, just saying the latter is less worse than the first things mentioned IMHO.

Very true =)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chimaira said:
Allowed on USA servers afaik.

It's not allowed on the US servers.

Trading of accounts _is_ buying/selling plats is not.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
So... say your irl friend quits daoc and has 200p on the acc. gives em all to u. GoA looks up and sees that a random qua named imfuckingrich has given 200p to guy named Xmen and take away the 200p cause of ? omg thiz iz just stupid

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Novac said:
So... say your irl friend quits daoc and has 200p on the acc. gives em all to u. GoA looks up and sees that a random qua named imfuckingrich has given 200p to guy named Xmen and take away the 200p cause of ? omg thiz iz just stupid
Which is why it won't happen. You wll notice that the only people who have lost anything here are those who have bought things online - in violation of the rules they agreed to when creating an account and logging into the game. If we deleted every large one-way trade ever then I am sure you'd have heard about that by now.

To answer the criticisms that trading isn't harmful and we are wasting our time chasing these people. Plenty of other games have shown the damage that can be done to communities when this sort of thing goes unchecked. Game economies are wrecked and real damage is done. In extreme cases organised farming shops entirely control the supply of high level loot and the only way to obtain it is from their websites or from their ingame merchants with gold bought from them. This is why we do not allow this sort of behaviour in our game.

The CoC is clear in this case, you are prompted to read it everytime you log in, you can have no excuse for not knowing that what you did was wrong and cannot possibly complain when you recieve a punishment for breaking the rules. I would even say that the punishment is remarkably light, you are still able to play, you are not affected in any way other than losing the items which you bought.

Mainly we are after the traders rather than the purchasers however it is worth reminding the buyers that what they are doing is against the rules and delete the items that they bought in violation of the rules that they agreed to. In this way people who are tempted to buy may think twice and the traders will have fewer customers. If the traders keep losing accounts and items they've paid for while the number of people willing to risk dealing with them dwindles they will eventually realise that they cannot do business on our servers and will leave. More than one online plat store has stopped trading on our servers as a result of this policy so it does work.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Which is why it won't happen. You wll notice that the only people who have lost anything here are those who have bought things online - in violation of the rules they agreed to when creating an account and logging into the game. If we deleted every large one-way trade ever then I am sure you'd have heard about that by now.

To answer the criticisms that trading isn't harmful and we are wasting our time chasing these people. Plenty of other games have shown the damage that can be done to communities when this sort of thing goes unchecked. Game economies are wrecked and real damage is done. In extreme cases organised farming shops entirely control the supply of high level loot and the only way to obtain it is from their websites or from their ingame merchants with gold bought from them. This is why we do not allow this sort of behaviour in our game.

The CoC is clear in this case, you are prompted to read it everytime you log in, you can have no excuse for not knowing that what you did was wrong and cannot possibly complain when you recieve a punishment for breaking the rules. I would even say that the punishment is remarkably light, you are still able to play, you are not affected in any way other than losing the items which you bought.

Mainly we are after the traders rather than the purchasers however it is worth reminding the buyers that what they are doing is against the rules and delete the items that they bought in violation of the rules that they agreed to. In this way people who are tempted to buy may think twice and the traders will have fewer customers. If the traders keep losing accounts and items they've paid for while the number of people willing to risk dealing with them dwindles they will eventually realise that they cannot do business on our servers and will leave. More than one online plat store has stopped trading on our servers as a result of this policy so it does work.

Dont critise why you are doing it, its the way you do it that annoyed me...
I am human being, not a smudge of dirt, and would rather be treated with respect that with disrespect as I was last nite, by whoever was replying to my right now posts.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Complaining that your Plat you bought has been taken away and you lost money - would be the same IRL as going into a police station and reporting your cocaine had been stolen :)

IainC

Sollac said:
Dont critise why you are doing it, its the way you do it that annoyed me...
I am human being, not a smudge of dirt, and would rather be treated with respect that with disrespect as I was last nite, by whoever was replying to my right now posts.
That would have been me. Here's a hint though if you want to be treated with respect.
Don't tell obvious lies in RightNow reports.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
If you played the game like it was thought to be played you wouldnt have the problems..... :m00:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
You trade..... you paid... you got pwnd.
Am I the only one who thinks this is a good result?
Nope .... didnt think so.
Why should someone with more disposable income be at an advantage over someone who has a lesser income?
Oh wait I forgot ... buffbotts ....Mythic ......get a grip.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Why should someone with more disposable income be at an advantage over someone who has a lesser income?

then again you could say why should someone with more time to play the game have an advantage over someone with less time.

:m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
banstick mother fuckers BANSTICK!!!!!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
That would have been me. Here's a hint though if you want to be treated with respect.
Don't tell obvious lies in RightNow reports.

What i dont understand is, and my point was.

If I paid for plat, big If.

How can YOU know I paid real money for it, and wasnt just given it?

Say for example I paid Via Paypal - How would you know?
Say for example I paid by Cash - How would you know?
Say for example I paid by CHeque - How would you know?

This is my point.

Are GOA using players account/credit card details to check for possible tranactions?

My whole Point was that I wanted you to prove that I made a cash Transaction for the Plat... end of point.

Doesn't matter If I know i didn't or not, But HOW do you GOA know I did?

Not that I gained the Plat from a known (or Supposedly Known Company).

Surely this is where I think GOA needs to be clear and explain its actions.

If you can prove I supposedly LIED, and PAID real CASH (not saying I didnt, not saying I did) for an INGAME transaction with another player.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I suppose they have been doing undercover work, monitoring the seller, etc to determine things like this.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
I suppose they have been doing undercover work, monitoring the seller, etc to determine things like this.

Does this mean they Know the in and outs of my credit card dealings?
Understand monitoring DAOC accounts but financial records not concerning GOA directly????

Just wanna know how, dont care about the plat now as lifes too short.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
An obvious answer here is that they log your chat and private message transactions, an other is thet the person you bought Plat from is well known to sell for cash and they just hit who ever he had contacted/transfered that day.

As far as I know no one has access to your creditcard/bank transaction details, apart from your bank/credit company. So it's not that.

Unfortunalty you are in a catch 22 situation, as you're not allowed by COC to trade money for in game items, GOA have actually broken no criminal laws...
e.g Theft of items from yourself that have a monetary value, they in fact could delete your whole inventory and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on I don't think :).

They should show you evidence as a courtesy that they KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that you traded for plat, Evidence does mean that which is seen...
However as GOA/MYTHIC have with there COC rendered in game items as worthless you would not be able to show damages to yourself even if you did want to appeal this.
Clever eh!!

Chances are they must have cast iron proof that you did trade in order to take this action, otherwise they just wouldn't have done it...
It's lots of aggravation and work if you are not sure the person is actually guilty.

Kitty

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Kittyfantastico said:
An obvious answer here is that they log your chat and private message transactions, an other is thet the person you bought Plat from is well known to sell for cash and they just hit who ever he had contacted/transfered that day.

As far as I know no one has access to your creditcard/bank transaction details, apart from your bank/credit company. So it's not that.

Unfortunalty you are in a catch 22 situation, as you're not allowed by COC to trade money for in game items, GOA have actually broken no criminal laws...
e.g Theft of items from yourself that have a monetary value, they in fact could delete your whole inventory and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on I don't think :).

They should show you evidence as a courtesy that they KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that you traded for plat, Evidence does mean that which is seen...
However as GOA/MYTHIC have with there COC rendered in game items as worthless you would not be able to show damages to yourself even if you did want to appeal this.
Clever eh!!

Chances are they must have cast iron proof that you did trade in order to take this action, otherwise they just wouldn't have done it...
It's lots of aggravation and work if you are not sure the person is actually guilty.

Kitty

yep As I said previously, GOA's bedside manner needs work....Requiel plz pass this on as it does effect what people think of you and the people you work for....... but from what you and GOA have said...as if you care.. :twak:

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think what GOA are doing about this is a good thing.

My reasons are,

People might be loaded and buying plats of ebay all the time, which makes it diffucult for the people who have no cash to spend like this keep up, in other words it ruins the game for people becasue the people that spend the money on the game get better items alot more easily by buying.

The point of the game is to start and make a living/earning for youself just as real life is, in real life you get the money by earning it. Not by getting it from ebay.

Whine off :p

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Yshynsin said:
Personally i think what GOA are doing about this is a good thing.

My reasons are,

People might be loaded and buying plats of ebay all the time, which makes it diffucult for the people who have no cash to spend like this keep up, in other words it ruins the game for people becasue the people that spend the money on the game get better items alot more easily by buying.

The point of the game is to start and make a living/earning for youself just as real life is, in real life you get the money by earning it. Not by getting it from ebay.

Whine off :p

Real life is hard enuff, I play DAoC not Work DAoC, thats Requiels job :p

IainC

Sollac said:
yep As I said previously, GOA's bedside manner needs work....Requiel plz pass this on as it does effect what people think of you and the people you work for....... but from what you and GOA have said...as if you care.. :twak:
You were caught breaking the rules and were slapped for it. Rather than take the (very mild) slap and get on with it, you argued the toss. At which point you are deliberately wasting my time. You know you don't have a leg to stand on, I know you don't have a leg to stand on. I explained the situation to you and yet you still persisted with your untruths and arguments. I do not have an infinite amount of time in the day to continually argue irrelevant points with you and so I was forced to tell you not to continue with the discussion as it was going nowhere at all. You can consider that offensive if you like but let's not forget who was caught breaking rules here.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
In real life there is always the lottery, inheritance, bonus's, raises...

Sorry I know it's not really a cause for levity, but there you go..

Kitty

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
You were caught breaking the rules and were slapped for it. Rather than take the (very mild) slap and get on with it, you argued the toss.

WHy did i argue, cos you only explained wwhat you did, and why - fair enuff.
It was the HOW i wanted to know... SOd the Plat, sod the Ingame transaction, How did you assume I used real cash, purely circumstance?

Requiel said:
At which point you are deliberately wasting my time.

Didn't give me a straight answer, just fobbed me off

Requiel said:
You know you don't have a leg to stand on, I know you don't have a leg to stand on. I explained the situation to you and yet you still persisted with your untruths and arguments.

Still not proven to me, But it never will be, see above 2 comments
Could have said we have chat logs or whatever, but no you just said we know so our decision is final. Thats not what i called an explanation.

Requiel said:
I do not have an infinite amount of time in the day to continually argue irrelevant points with you and so I was forced to tell you not to continue with the discussion as it was going nowhere at all. You can consider that offensive if you like but let's not forget who was caught breaking rules here.

Sign of a weak arguement is, saying thats that and tuff. With a decent answer to the above it would have been over and finished rather than drag on another day like it has. Srry but I dont like to be fobbed off whether I right or Wrong. Tell what I did wrong and how you Know I did wrong?

I supposed bought plat, from a plat company, based on my character receiving plat from another character in game.

I will admit that I did recieve plat from the charcter in question, no doubts but how can you prove that real money was exchanged.

Anyways I know I will never get this answered, as "GOA is using the information in an ongoing investigation".

I'm sorry Requiel you see this as a waste of time, but please remember I do respect your decisions as you are our community manager, and someday I may need your help....

Plus my subscription money does in one way or another help pay your salary, :clap:

I just wanted an answer to the question I asked in the first email sent last nite.

Perhaps in future you/GOA, Should post something on Chronicles pointing the COC out to remind us of it.

Well good nite one and all and feel free to close this thread as Nothing is getting resolved.

You have my e-mail Requiel if you ever wanna tell me how you assume cash was exchanged for plat.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sollac

You're only making yourself look like an idiot now mate.

You rolled snake-eyes.. pity luck mate, live with it.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Sollac

You're only making yourself look like an idiot now mate.

You rolled snake-eyes.. pity luck mate, live with it.

thats life, thanks for the support and views of all who participated in this thread. Two wrongs never make a right..

Good luck to you all

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
thats life, thanks for the support and views of all who participated in this thread. Two wrongs never make a right..

Good luck to you all

Gotta luv this...why do you care how they did it? they dont have to tell you, they dont have to "justify" anything they do to your account..its as simple as that...no need for them to prove anything. End of story!

/Dracus

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Here's my take on things, and actually its opened my eyes to somethings about myself oO (profound eh?)

Heres the key word to this arguement. Bureaucracy. We all decry it, until we can use it to our advantage.

Up until I realised that I would be simply supporting bullshit bureaucracy, I was in agreement with you Sollac. I tought, hey what the hell, GOA don't actually have any real concrete evidence that you purchased the platinum, all they probably have is a transfer log and a notorious platinum farmer.

Lets take a reality check though, it is damn obvious you bought the plat from GOA's perspective, though they have no real concrete court room type evidence to support it, but what they do have is their nice CoC which lets them cut out this bureaucratic nonsense of having to prove the baltently obvious, so they just do it, suspend you and remove the platinum. They simply say they have concrete evidence to put you off.

How many times do we hear of criminals getting off on technicalities in court. GOA and their CoC quiet effectively cut the bullshit out. And I'm glad.

[Edit] Having said that, and straying a little off-topic, but it would be great if GOA could take this attitude towards more things in the game, for example, people acidently droping/deleting artifacts (Manisch springs to mind with his CB), it would be pretty obvious those who are genuine and those who are out to dupe, but I suppose its more of an effort thing, i.e. how many people would be requesting there deleting fixed.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, GoA people should google:"daoc money" or something. buy a plat and ban the user who logs in to give it to u ! hit em with teh banhammer on da face

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom