GOA on a RAMPAGE

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
just a note to that if anyone has recieved any Item from an outside source be it cash, arties or scrolls..........

GOA are in the process of removing them and putting warnings on your accounts.

I had 30 plat removed which they claim I bought with real money (I didnt but never mind)

They claim to have undeniable proof, but are not willing to provide proof to prove ther arguement as its part of an ongoing investigation...

Annoyed the hell out of me, but not gonna win, as I doubt they will admit if they are wrong on some counts.

I am aware of others that have had this happen.......

Anyone got any more details? As GOA are being very tight lipped and in my opinion very rude about it.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sorry sollac, but if I read this I also get the idea that you did buy plats, and that you even say that you're willing to accept a temp. ban for it, though you didn't know it was a no-no. Now, that ain't "proof" as in evidence in a courtroom, but GOA ain't a courtroom, and perhaps they even have more things in their logs that, combined with your statement in that thread, makes them pretty positive that you did.

Now, I'm not saying that you did buy plats, don't get me wrong, but there you say that you are willing to take a temp. ban for it, and here you're screaming?
I just ain't following you anymore..

(though, Requiel, Xalin, or anyone at GOA, you advertise always with "All trades are final" so if you say "all" I also presume a trade like this, cos ALL quite clearly leaves no room for other situations.)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Code of Conduct said:
A DAoC account is personal and individual. You cannot open an account in the name of a company, an association or any other legal entity without express prior written consent from GOA. You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances. No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction, under any form or circumstances. Any activity of this kind may result in the application of various sanctions, including termination of the account.
If you buy plats, items etc for cash from ebay or other trading websites, don't be at all suprised if we take them away from you. We are cracking down on this sort of thing and part of the crackdown is reminding those who may have been tempted that it is against the rules as well as finding and permabanning the traders. When you break the rules you run the risk of getting caught and being punished.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
So its like, if they somehow don't like you at goa (prolly killed their ingame char one time too often, and spam laughed), they can grab "evidence" out of the blue skye calling it "undeniable proof" and remove stuff from ones char or even perma ban as they see fit?

Well, I donno whats worse... GOA as Teh Law, or Blizzards constant problems with duping in their MOGs...

Can't w8 for Micro$oft to make a MMORPG... "Keyboard not found, press F1 to get ingame help"...

;)

EDIT: I am of cause assuming that they play the game... :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
maybe when they take all these plats they can pay those lazy dev's to get off their a$$ and fix classes....fed up with all this "it involves coding and were busy" excuses. we pay you for a service and we get screwed each time.

if you never made stupid mistakes like focus necro (ooh lets heal it and it wont get agro) ppl would not make 450000 plat each day.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
maybe when they take all these plats they can pay those lazy dev's to get off their a$$ and fix classes....fed up with all this "it involves coding and were busy" excuses. we pay you for a service and we get screwed each time.

if you never made stupid mistakes like focus necro (ooh lets heal it and it wont get agro) ppl would not make 450000 plat each day.
What the fuck does that has to do with this story?

GOA != Mythic

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
lol @ goa.. you cant find radar users, you cant find los abusers, you cant do anything right...

so you punish the people who spend irl cash for your game?!

n00bs.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel,

I understand GOA's point of view, and agree with CoC if the person being punished is effecting other peoples gaming experience.

I disagree with the bullying tactics GOA seem to have employed.

Would you rather have Players on your side rather than turn them against you.

In my view, surely Approaching the player with an email say you noticed that your account has had trade dealings with player B, whom we believe is trading against the CoC, which may incur a Ban/removal of Items/plat.

Ask the player, If i had/have payed for plat, I would take this as a sign I should not do it again.

therefore both sides win, Goa may even scare people into giving up info on where they got there stuff from.

Rather than just remove the items/plat with a tough luck message.

take the scenario i did pay for plat, goa took my plat for CoC reasons, therefore I would take the point that GOA owe me what ever i paid for the Plat, and could possibly in this day and age get legal council and sue GOA for distress/depression... Yes it would drag on for months and years, but I have a fair Idea who would win......as that does not involve the CoC. Because GOA's direct action caused the problem therefore GOA are responsible..

I know your decision is final and accept that, but I do think GOA should revise the was it approaches the matter.

Just wann express my feelings on this as whoever i was speaking to last night was not bothered, would you rather have a paying subscriber who learnt his lesson, or an ex player telling the world how he was treated by GOA?

thanks for taking the time to read this, just hope it improves GOA bed side manner.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
A DAoC account is personal and individual. You cannot open an account in the name of a company, an association or any other legal entity without express prior written consent from GOA. You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances. No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction, under any form or circumstances. Any activity of this kind may result in the application of various sanctions, including termination of the account

As i like playing devils advocate.... Is my DAOC account a virtual object or not? if it is a virtual object and i am paying you my subscription (percuniary transaction) is this the against the CoC and are GoA in breach of there own CoC.

Also..

Requiel said:
You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=66826&page=5&pp=15

Requiel said:
For the record when you spoke to Zenythe the first time prior to being terminated and booted you were actually talking to me....

Isn't account Sharing against the CoC? did you give yourselves a 7 day ban?

:m00:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
take the scenario i did pay for plat, goa took my plat for CoC reasons, therefore I would take the point that GOA owe me what ever i paid for the Plat, and could possibly in this day and age get legal council and sue GOA for distress/depression... Yes it would drag on for months and years, but I have a fair Idea who would win......as that does not involve the CoC. Because GOA's direct action caused the problem therefore GOA are responsible..

hehe numbnuts you really arent familiar with the real world are you. Please try and enlist the help of a solicitor for your case and see what they say about the merits of your case.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:

GOA's actions didnt cause anything. You caused the problem yourself when you broke the rules. Its the same as saying you would sue the police for knocking you down when you assaulted them.

This horse has been beaten to death too many times - You *do not own* your account, you *do not own* anything on your account. You lease your account from GOA - they can terminate the lease at any time they wish, it is their property. They can also do whatever they see fit with their property - they can randomly delete characters on random accounts if they feel like it etc, the reason they dont is that it would be extremely bad buisness and wouldnt make any sense.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
hehe numbnuts you really arent familiar with the real world are you. Please try and enlist the help of a solicitor for your case and see what they say about the merits of your case.

my Point exactly, its a virtual world in which we real people contribute to make a virtual community.

With out the real life intervention there would be no virtual community.

However with the wrong type of real life interevntion the virtual community will dimishish and possibly cease, thus the need for clustering.

I will still play DAoC, as I know no action taken against GOA will make any difference, I dont play for GOA I play for me and the people I know in game and Real life.

I agree with GOA maintaining a standard, just disagree with the methods they employ to get the message across.

Do something against the rules in real life (at work), verbal warning, written warning, final written warning, Goodbye!

DAoC is a game, But seems like work atm as no real reward due to the over inflated prices people sell stuff for on CM's.

I spen a few hours a nite on DAoC,I dont wanna spend hours in PVE, and miss the RVR part of the game, its why I play DAoC.... DONT WANNA PVE.

Anyways, Fed up, and Annoyed KFC for dinner tonite I think.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
As i like playing devils advocate.... Is my DAOC account a virtual object or not? if it is a virtual object and i am paying you my subscription (percuniary transaction) is this the against the CoC and are GoA in breach of there own CoC.

Dude re-read:

'No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction'.

Your account does not exist in the game per se. Your account enables you to play the game sure but it is not an entity in the game is it?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
Anyways, Fed up, and Annoyed KFC for dinner tonite I think.

hehe come lamorak then less pve! From zero to hero in less than 2 weeks!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Dude re-read:

'No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction'.

Your account does not exist in the game per se. Your account enables you to play the game sure but it is not an entity in the game is it?

So we buy a game for £19.99 and numerous expansions, to be able to create a subscription of £8.00 per month, to use an account that doesn't exist.....

Gives a new meaning to being played :puke:

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

Means buying another account, may as well get a buff bot account and give goa more of my money.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:

I so much agree with this statement ;) 50 in 4 days play, then you can do 10 DS raids (record time so far 1h 17min for a full raid), get SCed, and you hit RvR :cheers:

PS: You also get the benefits of enjoying a test server, and getting the patches in time (RvR Island in 10 days anyone?)

edit:
Sollac said:
Means buying another account, may as well get a buff bot account and give goa more of my money.

No BBs and it's not goa, it's mythic

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sollac said:
So we buy a game for £19.99 and numerous expansions, to be able to create a subscription of £8.00 per month, to use an account that doesn't exist.....

Gives a new meaning to being played :puke:

its like renting a flat....you only pay to use the service they provide.

only thing nowadays is the flats got rats and no heating but the landlord aka goa/mythic whomever it is wont repair this (fix classes+bugs) but you continue to live there.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
so go to mythic buy a cd key, set up an account and ill be sorted then?

Sounds like a plan, but then leave behind the people i have levelled with for the past 2 ye :mad:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Dude re-read:

well spotted, i will have to agree with you on that :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Originally Posted by Requiel
For the record when you spoke to Zenythe the first time prior to being terminated and booted you were actually talking to me....

Isn't account Sharing against the CoC? did you give yourselves a 7 day ban?

haha this put a smile on my face :) thankyou - however I bet the GM's have the power to sudo an account - so not quite classed as sharing... but still - thanks for the smile :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
so go to mythic buy a cd key, set up an account and ill be sorted then?

Sounds like a plan, but then leave behind the people i have levelled with for the past 2 ye :mad:

Remember dont buy a cd key for normal , SI or TOA. All you need is a Catacombs key.

Just download the free 14 day trial (which gives you classic + SI), then buy a US CATA CD-key online for £20 and you are set.
Try and convince your mates to come too! The more euros the better.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
well I borrowed 130 plats from a friend some while ago,would they have deleted it all if they saw it?my friend just "gave" me,how the hell am I supposed to persuade a gm that my friend gave me 130 plats then?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
well I borrowed 130 plats from a friend some while ago,would they have deleted it all if they saw it?my friend just "gave" me,how the hell am I supposed to persuade a gm that my friend gave me 130 plats then?

They probably check if you have had dealings with the person before, if you usually chat and do stuff togheter etc. If you accounts have little in common and you got 130p it would likely look worse than if it can be shown you have a relationship months or years old etc.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If GOA had even and ounce of common sense they'd realise there's a market for money, levels, items etc and start selling them from thier website like many other MMORPGs are doing (christ UO have been doing it for 5 years successfully).

Rather than clamp down on subscribers that do it, why not actually offer an alternative other than spending 50hours camping for an item you then have to spend 50 hours leveling.

I'm not justifying Ebaying stuff but I know for a fact I'd rather buy something off GOA for £10 than have the boredom of camping it for even 2 hours. I'm sorry but yes I do think my time is more important.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:

Can I have the name of your friend please.
I want him to be my friend too :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
They probably check if you have had dealings with the person before, if you usually chat and do stuff togheter etc. If you accounts have little in common and you got 130p it would likely look worse than if it can be shown you have a relationship months or years old etc.

A most sensible way of tracking would be to find "rich accounts" that are routinely giving money to others, then removing items from this rich account and anyone that recieved items from them.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
If GOA had even and ounce of common sense they'd realise there's a market for money, levels, items etc and start selling them from thier website like many other MMORPGs are doing (christ UO have been doing it for 5 years successfully).

Rather than clamp down on subscribers that do it, why not actually offer an alternative other than spending 50hours camping for an item you then have to spend 50 hours leveling.

I'm not justifying Ebaying stuff but I know for a fact I'd rather buy something off GOA for £10 than have the boredom of camping it for even 2 hours. I'm sorry but yes I do think my time is more important.

When Sony/EQ2 started selling ingame items Mythic posted somewhere that basically 'its lame, disrupts the ingame economy and we wont ever do it just to make a quick buck'. I assume GOA has to have a similar stance in order to retain their license.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
When Sony/EQ2 started selling ingame items Mythic posted somewhere that basically 'its lame, disrupts the ingame economy and we wont ever do it just to make a quick buck'. I assume GOA has to have a similar stance in order to retain their license.

wait till they need to make more money from the game and you might see a change of tune!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom