Goa/Mythic a cunning Idea to remove ToA Blues

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Interesting, then, how 95%+ of the players I talk to in-game say they're not in DAOC 'for the RvR', then, isn't it?

And if DAOC is 'all about RvR', how come of all the expansions released or incoming, only one has been RvR? I think Mythic knows exactly what most of their playerbase are doing, and it's not RvR.

No, they don't. If they did the vast majority would be RvRing, and they're not.

Well said :)

As it stands today, rvr is only rewarding if you put a hell of a lot time into it.
Many people just want to play this game to relax from the daily stress and have a good time with their friends.

However, running fg ,as full time rvr people want us to do, will result 99% of the time in a quick death for low rr people.
That's why many people enjoy pve more then rvr, and if they rvr, they 'zerg', not for the joy of rvr, but to get some realmpoints to make their toon better in pve.

Some people play to compete, some play to relax.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
A very good summary Fayle. And for those that believe the rvr is the main point, take a stroll over to Prydwen rvr section and see the complaints from the mid gank groups that there isnt anything to kill in emain anymore...the albs and hibbies seems to do other unspeakable things when being online :)

>Why would somone, who already has a well equipped toon/s, with ML10 and a high RR, want to ditch their RvR characters in favour of another server where they in all likelihood will be competing on a par with other players, rather than at an advantage.

Bah you shattered one of my illusions. Here I was, believing that those guys had managed to get a bit more skilled in moving on the battlefield etc, and you come and say it is just the toon's advantages that makes the difference. Bleh shame on you for ruining my world ;)

>Mythic have always stated from the beginning the end game of DAOC was RvR

Actually, if you open the manual to pure Daoc it says the game caters for both the pvp player as well as the pve player.

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Take a moment to stop and think about these low rr chars everyone was low rr and to a large degree when I was very low rr I did not need or want to zerg. I spent my time equiping myself and getting what i needed to be as effective as i could i then went to rvr and joined grps yes i joined random grps i joined whatever i could get my grubby hands on and i am enjoying rvr and earning rps if you want to earn rps you do not need to zerg if you do not want to you just have to patience.

Hellsraiser 50 bonedancer

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>if you want to earn rps

I couldnt care less about rps, the only thing that matters is that the battles are fun, challenging and last more than 10 sec. Those quick emain battles are as fun as whacking grey con mobs outside Fort Atla when you are level 50 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom