Games GOA lose WAR contract

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hate to see people lose thier jobs but GOA as a company deserve no better.

Afran

Part of the furniture
GOA lost league of legends EU servers some months back too

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Email, arrived this evening.

As of June 29, 2010 publishing, operating and subscription services for Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR) in Europe will be handled by Mythic Entertainment. GOA and Mythic are working to make all characters, guilds and account information available to players on Mythic's European servers. The following is a message from Mythic on the coming transition. Please read carefully the following communication from Mythic concerning the transition.

"Mythic Entertainment is pleased to be assuming all publishing and operational responsibilities for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning in the United Kingdom and Europe, effective 29 June 2010. We would like to take this opportunity to thank GOA for their commitment and service to the WAR community and to invite you to join us in welcoming the European community to Mythic Entertainment by extending 2 free weeks of playtime to all Current and Former GOA WAR players, following a short transition period starting on 29 June 2010.

Once the transition has begun on 29 June 2010, access to European servers for WAR will be suspended for half-a-day as the new Mythic Entertainment servers are brought online. After this transition period, the full game will once again be accessible on the GOA servers, and starting 6 July 2010 all current and former European subscribers will receive 14 days of free gameplay on our servers and a 100% bonus to Renown and Experience for 14 days!

We understand that you may have questions regarding this transition. To help, we've assembled a list of Frequently Asked Questions which can be found here: Warhamme Online : Age of Reckoning - FAQ

Returning players can download the client here: Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Online ? Play the ENDLESS FREE trial!

Welcome to our European community and we'll see you on the Battlefield!

WAAAGH!"

aika

Can't get enough of FH
heh cool
I guess mythic got sick of them

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Best thing GOA have done tbh. Now I can sit back and watch at all the freaks crying when they realise it's no better under Mythic.

GOA did a great job and I doubt that mythic had anything to do with them leaving.

Helme

Resident Freddy
GOA did a great job and I doubt that mythic had anything to do with them leaving.
Am I the onlyone that remembers that half year period where they kept blaming the customers for having unplayable lag, and it turns out to be a broken router on their side?

Everz

FH is my second home
Best thing GOA have done tbh. Now I can sit back and watch at all the freaks crying when they realise it's no better under Mythic.

Either your trolling or your drunk. GoA couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Either your trolling or your drunk. GoA couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

Right back at ya.

I played WO for a year and in that time 99% of the problems I had were caused by Mythic's sub-par coding and not GOA.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
they may have done a good job but frankly a lot of players had lost all faith in them a long time before WAR so they always faced an uphill struggle, with the previous mistakes made, and the baggage of years of trolls moving over to the new somewhat un-polished version (considering the bugs/downtime of certain areas that were experienced at the start)and complaining about everything :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Thats a fair point Om. Mainly I mention it because people are generally harping on about stuff that was more applicable to DAoC than WAR. And DAoC has already been shipped back to Mythic.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

ahhhhhh did you lose some loot when pryd went down? Bless your cottons.

Never had any problems with GOA's management of Camelo or WAR. Whenever I had problems with DAOC right now resolved it for me, and in WAR the customer support has been fine as well.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
ahhhhhh did you lose some loot when pryd went down? Bless your cottons.

Never had any problems with GOA's management of Camelo or WAR. Whenever I had problems with DAOC right now resolved it for me, and in WAR the customer support has been fine as well.

I didnt have probs with their management.

I DID have a BIG prob with their crappy servers from the 90s!!! :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom