GOA is telling the truth

D

Danamyr

Thanks for that post Ttil :)

Wow - and here's everyone blaming GOA...feel kind of bad now :(

Still - they still should have reacted quicker to the downed servers, but I guess this takes 99% of the heat off them IMHO.

O

old.Ramas

Linking without addition should be punishable by something awful imo.

I'm lazy - and VN tends to play up when I visit it on this network. Would someone care to summarize the facts of the post linked to, numbers and server are usally the thing.

Most people I've asked have said a US zone crash is not normally expected till around a 700+ person battle.

That's a long way over what we've been getting.

D

Driwen

orginally posted by Helfon
Yes it happens on Lancelot often. I would say the number is much less than 1000. Seems like you get 3 relic raid size armies (100 or so) people in the same frontier and the zone crashes.

originally posted by Gearran
Bors crashed 6 times over 2 and a half weeks every time a zerg relic raid was tried, not even 400 people crahsed it.
originally posted by SlivX
We crashed Nimue once when 400 people arrived in the mid frontier (all realms).
orignially posted by Valinor93
Had 375+ albions come and take the relics from 110+ mids on Lancelot. The server didn't crash but anything you did happened 15 seconds later
originally posted by Traab
I still shudder at the one relic raid hibernia tried on us when 400+ albs showed up at sauvage. I have a cable connection, top of the line video card and lots of ram but it was still incredibly laggy. Then the 100 or so hibs showed up and it was insane. Never been in a zone crash though.
(only 12 replies and not all off them wether their servers crashes or not)

and sorry I found this easier :p.

F

Falcon

Lancelot hasn't crashed since it was upgraded, I'm guessing the crashes mentioned in the thread happened before the server upgrade, not sure about the Bors ones. Whereas it maybe true that large battles cause crashes the euro ones definetely fail a lot easier than the US ones. On MLF we relic raided Alb with about 250 - 300 Hibs the other week (dunno exact Alb numbers but they were plentiful - it was primetime), I had FPS lag but other than that it was fine.

Even Prydwen crashed when Hib relic raided once and Prydwen is half the size of some servers.

In around 6months of US DAoC I've seen one crash - and that was last night after they stuck some hotfixes on which crashed ToA. This ment we couldn't access ToA however SI and the old lands still ran fine, no login problems or anything. Unfortunately they couldn't get ToA backup so had to reboot the servers, took around 50mins total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom