GOA is clearly lieing

B

Belthar

They just didnt had english talking ppl on the weekend, excal didnt had the problems like the other servers, it just went down b/c of the ammount of ppl in 1 zone.

There were even ppl logged in after the server crash, so they didnt took down the server :)

Previously they fixed this in a matter of 1-2 hours max, but now they fixed it so late b/c there were no ppl in the office who knew how to fix it.

Most of us work in companies aswell, we know how this goes, and I wouldnt mind if they would just say it: sorry ppl, we didnt had our technical team working on the weekend, they had a wekkend off.(or they never work on the weekend witch would be stupid)

But no, they always lie, and I hate that.

This was also the reason they only updated the official page on MONDAY, 36 hours AFTER it happened.

N

NetNifty

Makes u think... if they lied about this did they lie about the people who hacked them having access to confidential customer details and are they lieing saying they don't have access to customer's billing information when accused of billing people after they have cancelled?

N

Naewae

GOA are lying.

My Pally died in Odins along with everyone else but my 2nd account was logged in at Goth. I could log her out and log any character on the same account back in on the same PC.

IMO Odins crashed cos of the load then the authentication servers crashed cos of the load of people trying to relog.

The rest of the game was running fine.

C

choonz

"My Pally died in Odins along with everyone else but my 2nd account was logged in at Goth. I could log her out and log any character on the same account back in on the same PC."

My main also died in Odins, but i could log in my other account as she was in sauv :)
GOA are talking shit, as usual :)

J

jaapi

Well, Mythic won't have any part on this. Wrote then an email and this is what i got back:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize, but GOA is en entirely independant third-party
company. My best suggestion would be to express your concerns
to them through the http://www.camelot-europe.com web site
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for that. :(

S

shamyn

OMG, mythic is starting to show signs of doing the same as GOA. How can they possibly tell us to consult GOA, when GOA doesn't give a fuck!

Is there one person here that has gotten another reply from GOA than the copy pasted "We invite you to read our main page blah blah blah..."

Strongly reccomended that any future emails to mythic strongly emphasize that you have contacted GOA but they do nothing about it.

H

hellraisermk2

/cancel

It worked for me (well apart from the bit where they fraudulently stole money from me).

If you really really really want to carry on playing, then pick up the US version.

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by shamyn
OMG, mythic is starting to show signs of doing the same as GOA. How can they possibly tell us to consult GOA, when GOA doesn't give a fuck!

Maybe because we have no commercial relationship with Mythic?

GOA are a customer of Mythic.

We are customers of GOA.

In all seriousness, other than express sympathy, what could you expect of Mythic?

24 hours outage and poor customer relationship management is not going to be grounds to take back the service that GOA have bought from Mythic.

All "our" characters and everything on the servers is the sole property of GOA.

It's a shame, but it's the way things are.

All Mythic could potentially do is cut off support from GOA or refuse to sell them future games. But doing that would be worse for Mythic becuase it would cost money, and worse for us because we'd lose either future patches or possibly all our characters and have to move to US import copies and level 1 characters to continue playing.

GOA is not a sub-contractor employed to run Mythic owned assets. Mythic is a supplier to GOA contracted to supply game code which helps GOA run their assets.

Complaining to Mythic about excal is rather like complaining to Microsoft that you bought a Dell computer to run MS Office, but the Dell won't boot up.

It's not that expressing concern to Mythic isn't worth a shot in the very long term, but it is to say that you can't expect them to turn around and say, "oh, ok, we'll somehow force GOA to transfer all their DAoC assets onto our servers then".

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by old.Ramas
All Mythic could potentially do is cut off support from GOA or refuse to sell them future games. But doing that would be worse for Mythic becuase it would cost money, and worse for us because we'd lose either future patches or possibly all our characters and have to move to US import copies and level 1 characters to continue playing.

i disagree in some part to this, having a totally inept company (goa) running your games in europe would lose you money, i dont think anyone will deal with Goa again, at least i hope they dont. In this day and age its all about quility and customer support. I really enjoy daoc which is why i still play but i will never ever even consider buying a game no matter what it is if it has anything to do with Goa and i doubt many would.

K

Khalen

People are so angry on GOA because they just missed a day of daoc (other servers still playable). And they even repaid us with a day extra again. Some people are just so eager to play a game they addicted to they would do anything. And yes I've said in earlier days too we want more info but now I don't care. It's not like these server crashes, game bugs or whatever happen every day. The whole 1 day you missed in this game is a day easily filled with IRL things or other games.

Play game! :)

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by Khalen
People are so angry on GOA because they just missed a day of daoc (other servers still playable). And they even repaid us with a day extra again. Some people are just so eager to play a game they addicted to they would do anything. And yes I've said in earlier days too we want more info but now I don't care. It's not like these server crashes, game bugs or whatever happen every day. The whole 1 day you missed in this game is a day easily filled with IRL things or other games.

You are a courageous man. Now duck away before the flames hit you :).

(btw nofi, I wholly agree with you!)

Lorth

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Khalen

I think you have missed the point, we demand a better level of customer care, obviously the servers will go down now and again, nothing can work 100% of the time, but to not tell us anything for 36 hours and then lie to use (they didnt take the servers down on saturday because some people were still able to play) is jsut disgracefull I am sure Goa have good intentions but they are simply not up to the job, not meaning to insult france as a nation, i work with quite a few french companies and their attitude is lax, things get done when they feel like it how they feel like it even if it means pissing the customer off.

G

gorff

Originally posted by shamyn

Is there one person here that has gotten another reply from GOA than the copy pasted "We invite you to read our main page blah blah blah..."

That's certainly all i got :(

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
I think you have missed the point, we demand a better level of customer care

See thats where you have a problem.
As far as i know french and german players are pretty happy with GOA .
Now english players are not to happy, but most of them are to hooked to the game that they cant quit those that quit and/or move to the US give away/sell their account still largeley not resulting in any significant los of subscribers.
So it make no economical sence for GOA to invest an bettering the service since it wont get them anymore profits.

want to make a difftence get a few 100 people to close their account and send a mail to GOA why.
posting on a soon to be closed forum will do jack shit

T

the_hermit

Originally posted by jaapi
Well, Mythic won't have any part on this. Wrote then an email and this is what i got back:

I apologize, but GOA is en entirely independant third-party
company. My best suggestion would be to express your concerns
to them through the http://www.camelot-europe.com web site

So much for that. :(

That's pretty much what I got, so I mailed them back and pointed out it was that company we have a problem with. Their reply?

The best way to send your concerns would be through the Feedback link from the Camelot Herald web site.

Thank you,
DAoC Support Team
Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

So who knows... :D

B

Begach

Originally posted by Sibanac
want to make a difftence get a few 100 people to close their account and send a mail to GOA why.
posting on a soon to be closed forum will do jack shit

Hehe. You seriously think a few 100 ppl quiting is gonna make a dent in 20,000 strong (dunno exact but seems to be around that @ peek times) DAoC eu player base? If both english servers left on mass then yeah i can see some diamond shoe'd guy over GOA wanting to know why. Until then it's business as usual.

I personaly think GOA will say "OK Bubye!!! ,l,,(o_O) ".

PS Having the minority vote kinda sucks dunnit :)
PPS Pointless replies but note the promptness from mythic to ppl that aren't even in their player base. Kinda sad tbh. What might have been!!! ;)

B.

K

ketorgerhall

doubt they will sye k bye when WoW gets here, i have talked with so many people and know abunch that play daoc here on EU that are just waiting to quit daoc so its abunch of people for WoW that dont even like this game anymore, some of those that are fed up with the customer service (proves they want to keep playing daoc i think) wont maby stay and alltogether thats a big loss

D

Danamyr

Well, I have actually put my money where my mouth is and moved to the US.

The discs (DAoC Gold & ToA) cost about £70 imported from www.gamestop.com

I played Hibernia on MLF, and joined Xest's Guild Raptus Regalitur (means 'Royally Screwed' apparently in Latin!).

The game in the US is immerserably more polished than the Euro version, but - and it's a big but - the general atmosphere and feel of the game is so utterly alien to me. I really missed the Euro DAoC, which is why I bought a new set of Euro discs and came back.

The atmosphere in game is an unquantifiable something, I can't really describe it, but if you try it, you'll perhaps experiance what I mean.

Friends play a massive part in my enjoyment of a game - it's amazing how many people you become friendly with whilst XPing a character - I never really formed the same relationships with the US guys, their mindset is very different.

I suppose for all it's faults, I can sum up Euro DAoC in 3 words...Home Sweet Home :)

J

jamesjr

hey, could someone explain to me how this is all GOA's/Mythics fault please?, you are the people who wanted to zerg in odins all at want time with xxx albs and xxx mids and some hibbies joining in all at same time in 1 area. and if you think you can improve the services for ppl, go join them and show us that you are better then them, there is no point in sending emails as they cannot do anything about what has allready happened, all they can do is try make sure it doesn't happen again(improve the systems etc).

K

ketorgerhall

Originally posted by jamesjr
hey, could someone explain to me how this is all GOA's/Mythics fault please?, you are the people who wanted to zerg in odins all at want time with xxx albs and xxx mids and some hibbies joining in all at same time in 1 area. and if you think you can improve the services for ppl, go join them and show us that you are better then them, there is no point in sending emails as they cannot do anything about what has allready happened, all they can do is try make sure it doesn't happen again(improve the systems etc).

yes but it has happened before and now again or do u think we complain just for the fun of it?

J

jamesjr

Originally posted by ketorgerhall
yes but it has happened before and now again or do u think we complain just for the fun of it?

yes i know it happened before, but i see no need it complaining as it does nothing, its just wasting your own time, you are not getting nothing out of it.

K

ketorgerhall

yes i know it happened before, but i see no need it complaining as it does nothing, its just wasting your own time, you are not getting nothing out of it.

so why would u bother what i do with my spare time?
if u really think it does nothing why do u even bother reading these threads i mean u have the solution right infront of u, these threads do nothing.

C

corentmm

I don't know what I'm on about

Originally posted by Danamyr
Well, I have actually put my money where my mouth is and moved to the US.

But if you move to US.....alarm clock raids are suddenly primetime raids...and does having to set an alarmclock for a US primetime raid make you lame? The entire whining system would be thrown into disarray. This is possibly why it felt so alien :D

J

jaapi

Yeah, why don't we all just be silent and act like nothing happened, that should solve all problems.

R

raithian

the servers are the responcebility of goa to run maintain and operate we are paying them to run a service and as a customer should expect a semi decent product.
now thay have claimed that thay upgraded the servers to a degree that would prevent any future problems with mas porting and larg numbers in 1 area/relm yet in last 3 days 2 times the servers have crasshed preventing ppl from playing a game that WE PAY TO PLAY .
therefore the conclutions are simple goa are providing piss poor service for our money

(also avalon crashed saturday due to the same problem 700 hibs trying an rr)

now ifgoa are unable to provide all realms all servers with a reliable product then thay get the hell out and tell mythic sorry but we are just not upto the job you have to get a new company we pay them to play therefore we pay there wages therefore thay should provide us with a decent service and thay are not

S

Sichama

One more thing is that up to a few weeks ago the best arguement all GoA fanboys had was that although we dont have any in game support, although Rightnow is a joke, although we never gat informed, although we don't get all these things for our money but the French servers do, AT LEAST the servers hold and we don't have any downtimes, we there goes that argument down the drain.

Now this goes out to Albs, i would very much like to see this thing continue happening in hope that maybe after GoA has to give out a month of free days someone will notice the lack of income, but if you don't intent continuing it then please decide one of two actions:

a) Decide that no matter the circumstances you will not do an alarm clock raid since you obviously feel it's so lame to do so,and stop all raiding attempts.

or

b) If you feel you can not play without the Relics, just do an alarm clock raid and lets get over with it.

I still prefer to play half day and at the end of the day server crushes and i get a full day for free, but only if this is going to happen for at least a month.

O

old.Ramas

The numbers that "caused" the crash last night were significantly lower than any number of previous raids that did not cause a crash.

Hell, I've been on sidi raids with more people that the combined mid and alb Jamtland forces from last night.

This isn't about server resources, and for all we know it might well have had nothing to do with the Jamtland zerg.

The steady slow down reported across all zones, actually smells to me like a plain old memory leak at least as much as a zerg induced crash.

O

old.Ramas

And nowhere in my manual does it suggest relic raids are pve events only to completed when the opposition has no opportunity to defend due to all being asleep.

T

Tharion

And nowhere in my manual does it suggest relic raids are pve events only to completed when the opposition has no opportunity to defend due to all being asleep.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

T

the_fnord

Noone is forced to sleep at certain times. (except for mommas boys)
I do remember sum time ago when Albs did exactly the same thing! so stop whining! :p
And you wont get any cheese either! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom