GOA heres how you stop AC raids simply.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old_pihlss said:
lol you gotta be kidding you going to restrict players to players play the game when they want it ??

so u dont see anything wrong with 8 ppl taking a relic? granted all that was there was the 14 "uber" guards but still.

relics ARE supposed to be hard to get, and i really dont see 8 ppl taking one as that. doesent matter if they pve'd it or not.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Reno said:
It did sometimes, but not with such regularity or with such much lower raid numbers (I can recall a mid AC on castle excalibur with 150-200 ppl on it).

Danita

then the server crashed when the 300+ albs came to defend :)

miss those times........

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
yep, or atleast have been just after catacombs came. dunno how it is now but havent seen anything about it in any patchnotes... but it wouldent surprise me it it still worked. after all, the guards are still pve elements no matter how u lable them....

Well, you say that, and I thought that, but then I found the Assassin mission Mobs can only be stunned once, like a player.

Darzil

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Why not simply make it so that you only get the benifits from the relics you take in a period of +/- 4 hours around when you take it?

You take a relic at 11pm you get bonus from 7pm to 3am.

You take a relic at 7am you get bonuc from 3am to 11am.

Should cut down on whining because if you aren't around when the relic is taken it won't affect you. You could probably increase it to 5/6 hours and AC raids still wouldn't really affect anybody.

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
remove relics imo. the way it works now the realm with the most players invariably has the advantage

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Totally different solution if this will not cost to much:

On your account page, make a page where you can select few more options

1] Fill in your mobile number
2] Let the user select when he should get an sms or a missed call

for example
[ ] Never use this option
[ ] Text/missed phone call me when relics open
[ ] Text/missed phone call me when keep is taken
[ ] Text/missed phone call me when tower is taken
[ ] Text/missed phone call me when .......

[ ] Text me on above setting 24 hours
[ ] Only text/missed phone call me between 08:00 - 20: 00
etc.....

Just another example...

Not that i will need this service cause im awake mostly anyway ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
Blow said:

for example

etc.....

Just another example...

Thx for trying, but please come up with something more realistic ;) You really think goa would ever do anything like that?

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
Thx for trying, but please come up with something more realistic ;) You really think goa would ever do anything like that?

If they can make profit out of it, or even not loosing any money. But yeah its
proberly will be to much code/costs to do it.

Then maybe make use of the Caravans that roaming between keeps. If relic gates are open, those Caravan guards pop out (maybe at a higher level then the current level) and they start to try to retake the keep to close the relic gates.

Well im at least trying to think aswell with you guys :p

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Blow said:

for example

etc.....

Just another example...

And this is from a Person and his Guild Group who have practically helped in destroying this server with they AC antics and he wonders why people don't like his attitude just goes to show that this imbecile and his and guilds actions have single handily made this Excal/Pryd server unplayable for most european users :(

No wonder people are moving to other servers or moving US with him and his kind on it.People are not quitting in droves they only moving to a better enviroment if him and his Guild group moved off Excal/Pryd that would be a blessing.

Only downside is IF they ever left I pity any other server that has to put up with them.

Soulja

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
And this is from a Person and his Guild Group who have practically helped in destroying this server with they AC antics and he wonders why people don't like his attitude just goes to show that this imbecile and his and guilds actions have single handily made this Excal/Pryd server unplayable for most european users :(

No wonder people are moving to other servers or moving US with him and his kind on it.People are not quitting in droves they only moving to a better enviroment if him and his Guild group moved off Excal/Pryd that would be a blessing.

Only downside is IF they ever left I pity any other server that has to put up with them.

Soulja

Can you stop following me where ever i post, i know that you dont like me or my guild. but you have given your message enough allready and if you have nothing else to post that is not on topic then please stay out of those topics. Or do me or my guild keep sitting in your head 24/7 ...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Blow was joking (i do hope) obviously.
It's a matter of population numbers really, i still think that (finding an efficient quota and proportion) the peeps needed to lower the Relic Shrine should be WAY more than the actual 16 (wtf got of Epic 16 ppl getting a Relic? Should be the tougher thing in game to accomplish), also Temple Guards should be (overall) WAY more tuff.

Selenia

Regular Freddie
Gaheris labyrinth relics are set differently from normal PvP server relics. Basically when they are picked up everyone in a certain radius gains the advantage for a space of two hours.

An idea would be to flag everyone who was present at the time of the relic capture (i.e. in the radius of the relic when it was placed inside a keep) and they therefore can gain the advantages of the bonuses associated.

Whilst this would in no way cease alarm clock raids from occuring it would make the time that the raid was undertaken important as people would think more, hopefully conducting the raid at a time when the maximum amount of people would benefit.

If you died in RvR and needed to "rebuff" your bonuses, you go back to the keep with a relic inside it, click on it and have the bonus applied again? Or maybe have someone frontier side who can reapply it?

ps. Wahey! 2nd post for me!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Blow said:
Can you stop following me where ever i post, i know that you dont like me or my guild. but you have given your message enough allready and if you have nothing else to post that is not on topic then please stay out of those topics. Or do me or my guild keep sitting in your head 24/7 ...

Nope while you keep posting Crap like if you really care then I always be on you case Wooooo Grief play by me.

As I have said YOU and YOU'R GUILD are the main instigators of AC Keeps/Relics so tbh if YOU and YOU'R Guild Pissed off to another server or US the population of Excal/Pryd probably pick back up.

If you do go I hold a party in Emain server population be back in the thousands for that one.

Soulja

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
Nope while you keep posting Crap like if you really care then I always be on you case Wooooo Grief play by me.

As I have said YOU and YOU'R GUILD are the main instigators of AC Keeps/Relics so tbh if YOU and YOU'R Guild Pissed off to another server or US the population of Excal/Pryd probably pick back up.

If you do go I hold a party in Emain server population be back in the thousands for that one.

Soulja

If you have nothing better to do, then i wish you good luck quoting me and posting Crap about my guild. Will just ignore you here on FH.
Maybe you can give me your charname in Daoc, so i can give a few rudes to you, and taking your guilds tower/keep if you have claimed any, just to annoy you.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Blow said:
If you have nothing better to do, then i wish you good luck quoting me and posting Crap about my guild. Will just ignore you here on FH.
Maybe you can give me your charname in Daoc, so i can give a few rudes to you, and taking your guilds tower/keep if you have claimed any, just to annoy you.

I Don'y have to write Crap about you or you guild YOU already have reputation for being who and what you are I really got no reason to Slag it off :wanker:

Soulja

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Malcolm said:
sod that, let's get the server changed to co-op and we can all love each other :p

i wouldent mind that. kinda like a half camlann, pve in the pve areas and pvp in the rvr areas...

think it would be nice. and it would probably balance out the pvp parts better then anything Mythic can do..

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
I Don'y have to write Crap about you or you guild YOU already have reputation for being who and what you are I really got no reason to Slag it off :wanker:

Soulja

Well read my other 2nd last reply then, where i asked if you could stop it, then you say you continue, and now you say you dont need to write crap cause everyone allready now....

Make up your mind m8...

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Blow said:
Well read my other 2nd last reply then, where i asked if you could stop it, then you say you continue, and now you say you dont need to write crap cause everyone allready now....

Make up your mind m8...

You not rerolled yet Geeee cmon Blow go m8 you know you want to :)

Soulja

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't know much about alarm clock relic raids but it seems to me that if players are taking relics in a legitimate manner, with no breach of the Code of Conduct, then the QQ'ers really don't have a leg to stand on.

Supposing a bunch mates all play DAOC together, and the only time they can play is between 3am-5am two days a week. They log on, grab some alliance people, and take a relic. Perfectly valid. No cheating. No breach of CoC.

Supposing an alliance deliberately decide to try to take a relic between 3am-5am when they know defences will be low. They log on, grab some alliance people, and take a relic. Perfectly valid. No cheating. No breach of CoC

Whats the problem ?

I think you need to separate sour grapes from genuine breaches of the CoC. A lot of what I read, and the responses from GOA make it apparent that much of the whining is the former. You can't stop ppl playing 24/7 round the clock in a legitimate manner.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Blow said:

for example

etc.....

Just another example...

Though it takes online gaming to new heights of geekdom and obsessiveness I REALLY like this idea. Read similar ideas before and I've always figured it'll be a cool option - after all, you can always ignore the txt and it's no different than having the homepage realm map in your favourites :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom