GOA heres how you stop AC raids simply.

Anvar

Fledgling Freddie
Simply from a certain time ie midnight/2am through untill 6/8am LOCK the relic gates , this means that those who happen to play during those hours (approx 5-10%) can still RvR and STILL take keeps, even relevant ones to open the gates BUT the relic gates would remain shut until a sensible time so that a defence coulld still be mounted.

Just an Idea so find the holes add ur ideas/ suggestions but lets try and make a constructive thread that GOA/mythic can read and maybe do something about if they wish to carry on supporting this game.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
a very sensible suggestion - much better than leaving people to fight it out and the kind of action people have been forced to take today. I hope this is sorted - GOA just sided with griefers who alarm clock and ran rough shod over two realms in response to the whine from a small vocal proportion of one realm.

Your idea is one very constructive way forward especially for servers like ours that suffer from the actions of a very small group.

Iscerus

Banned
No, there is an even simpler suggestion.

Take for example King and Queen Tuscar. Imo the best way to do it is WHEN YOU HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN AN AREA FOR EVERY OTHER PLAYER THE LOWER LEVEL THE REALM GUARDS BECOME.

For example, each realm guard will start at level 70, when 3fg+ are in the area for every more 2 people the realm guards will go down 1 level and end up at level 50-55 or whatever (this is just an example, can think of different formulaes).

This will encourage large battles and the small minority that AC relics won't be able to do so because there will be a lack of players in the morning.

Just my opinion ;)

slash

Banned
Iscerus said:
No, there is an even simpler suggestion.

Just my opinion ;)

Simplest answer is players are too strong for guards, make more guards or make them stronger. This didnt happen in the old days.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
slash said:
Simplest answer is players are too strong for guards, make more guards or make them stronger. This didnt happen in the old days.
It did sometimes, but not with such regularity or with such much lower raid numbers (I can recall a mid AC on castle excalibur with 150-200 ppl on it).

Danita

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Actually a pretty good idea - unfortunately I think you'll find only Mythic could sanction something like that.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
It's been suggested before, by me once on here actually, but moreover to Mythic who said no.

It's a good idea but was shot down in flames.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
GOA don't want to stop AC raids since its a 24H game? it have been in daoc from the beginning.. can't believe ppl still cry about it :\

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I remember the Instant Spawns from the Relic Keeps. Those Super Troopers representing the normal Keeps if you haven't taken them before. That was Hardcore even with 200 People. ^^

We need some of those at off peak times to make it as hard as primetime raids.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Urgluf said:
...can't believe ppl still cry about it :\
People cry about alarm clock raids if they lose a relic to one. If they gain a relic from an alarm clock raid then it was perfectly legit because they were forced to AC by the enemy realm's numbers/overpowered classes/lame tactics. Take your pick.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
I remember the Instant Spawns from the Relic Keeps. Those Super Troopers representing the normal Keeps if you haven't taken them before. That was Hardcore even with 200 People. ^^

We need some of those at off peak times to make it as hard as primetime raids.

I blocked one for an hour and a half with a less good template than I wear now, blocking every blow whilst our single group trebbed down the inner relic keep door, so no deathblows alerted the enemy.

Mobs are easy.

Darzil

Jeros

Part of the furniture
yes cos people who live in australia or america have no right to take the relics!

24 hour game, accept it

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This is SO bloody stupid. The game is open to do what players want. AC raids are part of the game, deal with it.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I blocked one for an hour and a half with a less good template than I wear now, blocking every blow whilst our single group trebbed down the inner relic keep door, so no deathblows alerted the enemy.

Mobs are easy.

Darzil

Yea i remember that. We found alot Albs with our Guild Group at our empty Str Relic Keep who were training this kind of tactic.We interrupted them and then they all died.
After that you did it again on a real relic raid with success.Thats ok

But doing that with 20 People at morning with that amount of guards isn't really possible.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
This is SO bloody stupid. The game is open to do what players want. AC raids are part of the game, deal with it.

Yea ofcourse no problem.Then you can deal with a empty server. :p

locherbread

Fledgling Freddie
Is it some sorta coincidence its only Alb players bleating, its a 24 hour game, deal with it blah blah pish?

Is it also a coincidence Alb predominately harrass Hibernia....

But what the heck I've quit the game also, so flame me all you wish as this will be my final post...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Icebreaker said:
Yea ofcourse no problem.Then you can deal with a empty server. :p

OHOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! - EU is dead anyway, go play US.

PS: I've not played DAoC Live in about 5-6 months.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Yea i remember that. We found alot Albs with our Guild Group at our empty Str Relic Keep who were training this kind of tactic.We interrupted them and then they all died.
After that you did it again on a real relic raid with success.Thats ok

But doing that with 20 People at morning with that amount of guards isn't really possible.

Sorry, there were about 8 of us, and it was a Pow Relic Keep with a relic in it.

Darzil

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Sorry, there were about 8 of us, and it was a Pow Relic Keep with a relic in it.

Darzil

Hmm then it was a different Event. So you were 8 and you blocked one of them. Ok but actually each Relic Keep contained 14 Special Guards with a very high level. 2 representing each normal Keep if it hasn't been taken before.

How were you able to stop those 14 High Level Guards killing your Group if you only blocked one? And since you haven't alerted the Enemy you didn't took any Keeps before.

I didn't mean the 4 high level Guards who are always at the Keep.Those i mean were superfast, respawned right after you killed them.

old_pihlss

Fledgling Freddie
lol you gotta be kidding you going to restrict players to players play the game when they want it ??

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Simpler solution is , all quit Daoc it sux..

Why r u still floggin a dead horse ._.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Hmm then it was a different Event. So you were 8 and you blocked one of them. Ok but actually each Relic Keep contained 14 Special Guards with a very high level. 2 representing each normal Keep if it hasn't been taken before.

How were you able to stop those 14 High Level Guards killing your Group if you only blocked one? And since you haven't alerted the Enemy you didn't took any Keeps before.

Only one of them got close to the Trebs. Sure, trebs are much slower than rams at taking down doors, but you don't have to come close enough to meet those guards. The first 15 minutes we didn't meet any of them.

Darzil

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Only one of them got close to the Trebs. Sure, trebs are much slower than rams at taking down doors, but you don't have to come close enough to meet those guards. The first 15 minutes we didn't meet any of them.

Darzil

And how do you got into the Keep to grab the Relic? o_O

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I do believe the first time that the relic was taking using the block the guards way was slated by the Mids. I am sure that the first time it was even done was run by Aussie many moons ago now.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
And how do you got into the Keep to grab the Relic? o_O

We didn't. This was an attempt, rather than a success. Had we taken the doors down before we were spotted, I suspect our tanks would have aggroed and kited the guards whilst our minstrel grabbed the relic.

I'm not saying it would have been easy, or even necessarily possible, but present an OF Relic keep and no defenders to a modern TOA'd group outfitted for that purpose, and I bet it'd be easier. (Or a Cat'd group, maybe - do PvE bonuses work on guards?)

The only point I was trying to make was that 50+12 shield, engage, 75 Dex in outfit MoB III and capped buffs was enough to block one of those guards without them being able to hit. I now have 50+13 shield, engage 101 dex in outfit, MoB IV and +10% pve block/parry, so would be able to block a higher level guard to the same extent.

Guards with better AI may be more effective. I've not played Gaheris, do their guards have better AI, or are they just higher level ?

Darzil

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
slash said:

oh it did, not often but it did. remember a group of nightshades doing a stealth raid on one of the mid keeps long before toA was even considered. only thing they did was climb the keep walls and ram down the tower doors. everyone kept stealthed while one after the other took controll of the ram, made one swing before he died. rinse and repeat...

think the whine thread about it is still in here, deep down under all the forum dust...

so it have always been able to been done with small numbers, u just gotta figure out how.

it doesent really matter what the devs do. there will always be someway to get around it. all it takes is some brains....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
(Or a Cat'd group, maybe - do PvE bonuses work on guards?)

yep, or atleast have been just after catacombs came. dunno how it is now but havent seen anything about it in any patchnotes... but it wouldent surprise me it it still worked. after all, the guards are still pve elements no matter how u lable them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom