GOA: Good riddance.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, fellow lurkers and fanatics.

Words cannot describe the joy I feel now that GOA's license with Mythic has ended, and that our slugeating friends don't get it extended.

Eventually, Mythic got tired of the massive amounts of fail GOA has generated.

Albeit too late, too little, but this is a good step towards luring the English speaking european players back to the game, who were rudely ignored by GOA over the years. (Hell, even checking the daoc.goa.com they go on about their great times in Paris and the monde lau lio la nobody outside [and maybe even inside] of France cares about)

As again, Mythic didn't do anything either to protect it's English playerbase on DAOC EU. They needed to fail with GOA, Warhammer, to begin on the path to fixing all the crap they did over the years.

Maybe.

A huge "maybe" at that, but there is always hope.

tl;dr

Anyway, no mmo came close to being as fun as daoc was, so if we get our characters transferred, I'll give it another shot.

Cheers everyone, and sorry about my rambling.

It just felt so good now that GOA is out of the picture.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
This new North American boost is quite inspiring but I am hoping mythic have the brains to make a european cluster with german, french and british servers. This would be great as combined it could be a good 2000+ players aswell. I am currently playing Ywain8 in the 14 day trial on Mid under the name Vormav. I am an old Hib/Excal player from way back.

Hope to see some old euro players around.

Vorm

Septina

Part of the furniture
This new North American boost is quite inspiring but I am hoping mythic have the brains to make a european cluster with german, french and british servers. This would be great as combined it could be a good 2000+ players aswell. I am currently playing Ywain8 in the 14 day trial on Mid under the name Vormav. I am an old Hib/Excal player from way back.

Hope to see some old euro players around.

Vorm

That is the official statement they have given. To start with they merge all Eng, De, Fr servers to one big server.
Judging by the population during the free week that cluster will have ~3000 in population.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
That is the official statement they have given. To start with they merge all Eng, De, Fr servers to one big server.
Judging by the population during the free week that cluster will have ~3000 in population.

WOOOW!!

Thanks for the info Septina! I am now very happy ;) They better not make the client in German or something though or I will be epic pissed!

:drink::drink::drink:

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
ello Vor, tis me, nykr :p meh. i hopes we get to move chars from ywain......

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
with no major... heck even a minor action taken over the years Goa left us for dead without any care for the players that shed blood and tears over their accounts ,all those years going to waste, GOA's era is finally over a .
big hooray !
:freddyfm:
i am so looking forward to enjoy the game again with many old friends!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Eventually, Mythic got tired of the massive amounts of fail GOA has generated.

Oh? Where did you read that?

Could just as well be GOA that didnt want to renew the license.

for all we know they just wanna focus more on League of Legends or Warhammer, 2 failed games costing money is bad for buisness, so they may have dumped the worst of them when they had the chance.

and if i were GOA i'd dump WAR to when that license ends because that game is going down fast.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

that was probably because it was a free week. fairly confident there wont be anywhere near 3000 people playing once Mythic sorts their stuff out.

i mean, theres not even 3000 people playing on the US cluster :)

read PEOPLE! not accounts, buffbots obviously dont count.

think we can count on about 1000 people playing, atleast at the start of it, wich is OK i guess concidering the age of the game.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Lothandar!

I share your thoughts. I even dislike GOA more than you.

Actually i do not play games since... almost 4 years old. I was so angry with GOA that i did not want to be in the same situation with any company of other game.

MMO games makes you lose tons of time irl. If the company does not support you decently... come on. Then this game does not compensate you.

With mithic maybe i might come back, just to play fewer hours. I am not in the university anymore... and the work > the game.

But i would love to play again with the .eu people in the weekend., meet again with some friends and some old enemies in the frontier ;)

Salutes.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
that was probably because it was a free week. fairly confident there wont be anywhere near 3000 people playing once Mythic sorts their stuff out.

i mean, theres not even 3000 people playing on the US cluster :)

read PEOPLE! not accounts, buffbots obviously dont count.

think we can count on about 1000 people playing, atleast at the start of it, wich is OK i guess concidering the age of the game.

The high standard on the "facts" presented in this post is really astounding.

Next time: get some clue.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
If all european servers get merged to one i can't wait the language wars,wonder which language UI uses?

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
If all european servers get merged to one i can't wait the language wars,wonder which language UI uses?

Most likely be some kind of patch to allow you to set the language or something. Back on the british servers the was always lots of spanish, danish, swedish etc anyway so I am used to lots of diff languages. :lol:

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH

1 of the reasons Goa hosted game was they ability to translate what mythic made into language database for european users.

With Mythic taking database off Goa means that they won't fluff around making database available for all languages they just copy/paste they system over languages and make it ALL 1 which in Mythics case be US/English.

Tho not announced by Mythic how they plan to go forward with EU Servers it be lot easier for them to merge all EU Servers and with just 1 Language on them.

All these are just speculation.

Will just have to wait on Mythic to decide what they going to do tho they made no announcement as of YET what they planning but have said it be before the 17th We all hope.

Soulja

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Er, yes there is.

no there isnt.

there may be 4100 ACCOUNTS logged in but its not 4100 actual players.

boot the buffbots and your gonna be left with ALOT lower population.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
You had a Fiery Revenger and I was well jelous :D

:england:

ROFL yes thought it was a good looking blade way back then hee hee.

Sadly the Old Champ ended up as a salvage bot in end.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
no there isnt.

Yes, and every single player is always logged in at the very same time? Djeez.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no there isnt.

Ah right, so every active player is logged in at the same time, all the time...right?

Even if you counter in buff bots which most Americans don't have, going by buff requests and general whining, I would say there is around 3/4 active players at any one time. I think the un-official sum is active population at prime time x 10 = subscriber base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom