GOA games servers can't be trusted

O

old.Varg

One of my most precious items, the GOA event hammer hamar, has degraded from 100 con to 70, while sitting in one of my characters inventories - i.e. it has not been used at all.

Asking via rightnow for a bugfix, goa answers:

"Hello,

Unfortunately we can not give back the durability of this hammer.

The only solution is to repair it.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support"

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I remember a year or so ago that items in the vault went to 70 con, but that was fixed in a later patch.

However I consider this extremely poor customer support, if the game servers can't be trusted with item integrity, what will be next?

.... And no, you can not have my items when i cancel ..... ;/

A

agon

Originally posted by old.Varg

seriously though, this is utter bullshit

sad that they are such cocks :/

X

xrn

I had the same problem on US, after they patched to 1.63 there my quest necklace went to 70% con. Seems like its a common bug maybe.

O

old.Varg

Originally posted by xrn
I had the same problem on US, after they patched to 1.63 there my quest necklace went to 70% con. Seems like its a common bug maybe.

Did Mythic fix it?

K

Kagato.

So its if the item is on your characters inventory but not equiped, rather then in vault that it happens?

N

nicci

I had the same with a staff in inventory, never used it but all of a sudden it degraded to 70% con as well.
I wrote to RN about it and they couldn't do a thing about it because I couldn't prove that I never had used the staff :(

S

Sichama

I am very sad for you :(
but really GoA probably has absolutely no way of determining that it degraded by it's self and that you have never used it.

On a happier side i think you must agree that if this is the worst thing that has happened to you for whitch you have reported it to GoA, lose respect for the company because they won't help you and decided you must share it with us than you must be a very fortunate person in general.

O

old.Varg

Originally posted by Sichama
I am very sad for you :(
but really GoA probably has absolutely no way of determining that it degraded by it's self and that you have never used it.

On a happier side i think you must agree that if this is the worst thing that has happened to you for whitch you have reported it to GoA, lose respect for the company because they won't help you and decided you must share it with us than you must be a very fortunate person in general.

Well you got a point there for sure - I'm mostly curious if this is something that has happened to other people too, and it does seem so.

The 1.63 patch seem to be what made the items degrade, as I haven't used the hammer I just recently discovered its state.

Just my luck that my no 1 item gets affected by the bug :X it could probably just have happened to some crap item in my inventory instead ...

S

Sichama

But then Murphy and his laws wouldn't have become so famous would they?

F

Flimgoblin

Well you got a point there for sure - I'm mostly curious if this is something that has happened to other people too, and it does seem so.

The 1.63 patch seem to be what made the items degrade, as I haven't used the hammer I just recently discovered its state.

Just my luck that my no 1 item gets affected by the bug :X it could probably just have happened to some crap item in my inventory instead ...

it's a GOA quest item yes? try the "restorers" or whatever they were called in the capital cities - pretty sure they said something about it in a news a few weeks back. Might just have been for fixing emblems though.

S

squalion

One of my most precious items, the GOA event hammer hamar, has degraded from 100 con to 70, while sitting in one of my characters inventories - i.e. it has not been used at all.

Asking via rightnow for a bugfix, goa answers:

"Hello,

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support"

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I remember a year or so ago that items in the vault went to 70 con, but that was fixed in a later patch.

However I consider this extremely poor customer support, if the game servers can't be trusted with item integrity, what will be next?

.... And no, you can not have my items when i cancel ..... ;/

what are the stats on this thing ? :p never heard of it b4

S

Skaven

Not sure, but if its one of the event drops that goa hoasted (bg event I think) Im sure they said something about the drops losing ''power'' over time, or something along them lines anyway.

O

old.Varg

18 str 18 qui 8 hammer and procs -25% crush resist + unique look.

I checked the old news and the resotorers seem to be about restoring special quest insignias to cloaks and stuff ...

The 100->70 con degradation is a bug and not some special anti feature with the event weapons.

D

dimerian

Same with hib/Pryd collared cloak quest,they fixed it for bards and gave cloaks back with 70con :rolleyes:

H

Hit ^_^

one of my cloaks went to qua70 :(
its a rare lvl30 cloak nothing much nowdays tho even whit its regular qua90....

note it was qua and not con wich makes it bit hard even to repair...

btw was that hammer worth using?
cant recall alb ever getting anything worth keeping from a event.

O

old.Varg

Well haven't had time to use it yet more then simple tests to see that it worked as intended (pre 1.63), but generally it would be great for e.g. a warrior, wait for 25% crush debuff and switch to bad 2h hammur ;O

Users who are viewing this thread