GOA event

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
right, lets get this into perspective straight away. can do event but cant do restting of dungeons. priorities....?

ok.. see the prize for winners on each server? a statue of said winner.

now.. this sounds like a complete turnaroud from the powers that be whenever we asked for statues for fellow gamers who have passed away.

policy has always been, it cant be done because it would need to be done worldwide. well this is rubbish according to prize.

if u can do statues or indeed any kinda memorial for gamers for just doing some quest nobody cares about, how about statues for our departed friends?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
this sounds like a complete turnaroud from the powers that be ...

Sounds more like some programmer got round to writing lines of code necessary to store the relevent geometric and texture data to reproduce statues of live players. Im guessing he worked for Mythic, so blaming GOA for not being able to do stuff in the past when they perhaps couldnt isnt really fair. But im sure the tone of your post will convice them to implement your ideas asap ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with the old friends passing bit, but some people do care about the competition.

Why do people complain when GOA / Mythic dont do anything for fun or benefit to players then whinge more when they do, as they say you cant please all the people all the time I guess.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
ilaya said:
right, lets get this into perspective straight away. can do event but cant do restting of dungeons. priorities....?

There are several teams within GOA. Two of those teams are responsible for resetting dungeons and fixing the reason they need to be reset in the first place and another team is responsible for writing events.

ilaya said:
ok.. see the prize for winners on each server? a statue of said winner.

now.. this sounds like a complete turnaroud from the powers that be whenever we asked for statues for fellow gamers who have passed away.

policy has always been, it cant be done because it would need to be done worldwide. well this is rubbish according to prize.

if u can do statues or indeed any kinda memorial for gamers for just doing some quest nobody cares about, how about statues for our departed friends?

I don't remember that being the reason we stated for not implementing memorials. There are a couple of much better reasons, the most important of which is that we believe the world of Dark Age of Camelot should remain that, the world of the game Dark Age of Camelot. We want to keep influences from the outside world limited.

People have many places they can mourn their dead friends but at the end of the day DAoC should be a fun experience. One we hope takes your mind off real life for a moment while you enjoy yourself.

So far the event has been very well received. Many people seem to be enjoying it and the race is still open for anyone to win!

We thank you all for your feedback, both positive and... less positive ;).

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
So far the event has been very well received. Many people seem to be enjoying it and the race is still open for anyone to win!

not so strange, its realy hard to figgure out, ive allmost given up :p

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
not so strange, its realy hard to figgure out, ive allmost given up :p

we gave up too, its crap i spent 3 hours roaming toa looking at any "five things together" and it bored the hell out of me by the end of it, not enough clue to keep people interested i think.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i would rly like to do that 'competition' but prolly wont cos my acc wont be active then :(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
xRedfieldx said:
we gave up too, its crap i spent 3 hours roaming toa looking at any "five things together" and it bored the hell out of me by the end of it, not enough clue to keep people interested i think.

You can win a trip for two people to Las Vegas and a pretty sweet videocard ... if that isn't enough to keep people interested then people don't deserve to win it :)

I'm shit at quests so I'm not bothering at all untill there is a walkthrough somewhere at which point I'm obviously not going to win anything anymore.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
sigh, some people....

lets look at the clues....

its in TOA.....
the MIDDLE of the FIVE.....hmmm could that be the FIVE middle areas on the TOA map perchance?

that a big enough hint for u? 3 hours - sheesh - took me and my m8 3 mins to work out....and that included the translation....

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
sigh, some people....

lets look at the clues....

its in TOA.....
the MIDDLE of the FIVE.....hmmm could that be the FIVE middle areas on the TOA map perchance?

that a big enough hint for u? 3 hours - sheesh - took me and my m8 3 mins to work out....and that included the translation....

Actually Mr Smartass we did figure that out after 5 minutes, went to the middle island in the middle zone (meso) lo and behold there were 3 pillars. Dig in the middle it says? Nothing, no dig spot anywhere on the whole island and no quest popup or anything in journal.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
guess im a smartass then - did u logon and back on again as requested on the goa home page re the quest?

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Swedishwolf said:
get a spade in Hesperos =P

fun that digging witgh a spade.......took me an hour to figure that out and find the blole in oceanus :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Why dont the Story Team work on that story we all love "Working XML", its a story about a statistical place where statistics are updated, but one day a woman spills coffee on something and it stops working.

Maybe if they write the ending to it, the dev's can learn how to fix it?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The first clue was tbh crap, sorry but for a roleplay thing that is aimed at everyone in the game not just those with plenty of time (unlike us working classes) or with Einsteins IQ, which also rules out anyone under 18 more or less (doesnt this game have a 12 cert on it?!?).

Sorry GOA Guys, this comp isnt for everyone, kids are back at school, some of us work, and the clues are way too cryptic (the first step alone is a nightmare for most judging by the amount of people gathered in the wrong zone), Ill just carry on with my crossword, its easier:

crossword1.gif

1 down: First letter of the alphabet
1 across: An indefinate article

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
well the riddle on the goa page is obviously not that hard.
if u dont see the new npc in hesperos.shit happens....i found it while searching the waterpot npc :p

the first step after getting the amulet isnt that hard either if u read the fridaynews including the backgroundstory.

im stuck at step 11 .......would like to know if anyone passed that sterp alrdy:)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OK, maybe I was a bit harsh, but my 14 year old son took one look at the clues and went "waddafeck". /dig doesnt normally need a shovel, but I guess that makes sense, still tho, Im way behind your step 11 because the NHS dont look after itself.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
They fixed that ML step yet :) ?

Want convoker qap when i come back lol

Aww im gona miss getting a staue now :(

Run another one when i get back :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
we believe the world of Dark Age of Camelot should remain that, the world of the game Dark Age of Camelot. We want to keep influences from the outside world limited.

People have many places they can mourn their dead friends but at the end of the day DAoC should be a fun experience. One we hope takes your mind off real life for a moment while you enjoy yourself.

I agree, I for one would not like to be reminded of dead people I did or didnt really know every time I logged on. We play RPGS for escapism, reminding us of the real word destroys that.

If the capability to make statues where to be put to other uses, it might be nice to see statues of those people who occupy the slots for various game statistics (highest keep takes, solo kills, etc), or those that achieved some goal first (like first 10 players past a certain rp limit), these in many ways are the 'Heros' for our realms who deserve to be imortalised.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Some people are never fooking happy- moan about no events , nothing happens etc, one comes along with prizes n shizzle and its - well its a shit event cos I dont get it and why cant they fix something that matters to little ole me instead because I cba to rightnow it.

I think the thing with statue's for people since parted is a tricky one - and I am not saying it would happen but could - what if someone decided to fake their demise in order to have a statue erected of themselves - with some of the people I have met in DAOC and on these boards - it wouldnt surprise me tbh....

Tbh - good on GOA/Mythic whoever for organising this, pretty decent prizes as well imo..

Nate

FH is my second home
are you supposed to have the quest in ur journal without doing anything? or do you have to find the amulet to get it?

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
Gysele said:
im stuck at step 11 .......would like to know if anyone passed that sterp alrdy:)

What? How the f*ck did you manage to get that far in the quest? I am still stuck after finding the god damn Ancient Medallion!

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
MagnarTBL said:
What? How the f*ck did you manage to get that far in the quest? I am still stuck after finding the god damn Ancient Medallion!

read the backgroundstory in the friday news from the 7th july :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
The first clue was tbh crap, sorry but for a roleplay thing that is aimed at everyone in the game not just those with plenty of time (unlike us working classes) or with Einsteins IQ, which also rules out anyone under 18 more or less (doesnt this game have a 12 cert on it?!?).

i would love to know how a 12-year-old flys to las vegas, or has a credit card for paying for daoc. i mean, it might have a 12 cert on it, but that doesnt mean its aimed at people aged 12.
second, how do you know its aimed at everyone? if you dont have the time to complete a riddle, how will you have time to leave country to go to a game roundtable?
i would say its quite obvious that you are mistaken in your idea about the event being aimed at everyone.

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
quest done btw

were 18 steps. hm i make a new thread with a walkthrough.

jocelynn

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
i would love to know how a 12-year-old flys to las vegas, or has a credit card for paying for daoc. i mean, it might have a 12 cert on it, but that doesnt mean its aimed at people aged 12.... etc

The DAoC home page said:
If the winner cannot go to Las Vegas, he will be given a video card instead, and the trip will be awarded to the next runner-up

Parents pay for there kids to play with there own credit cards, and I'm going to assume they would also claim the prize on there behalf (the prize is for you and a friend after all). Assuming he did win it he would have a month to organise time off for both of them.

Anyway, the post wasn't even about any of that, and I have to agree with Evzy, there would be people getting there mates to claim they were dead to get a statue up of themselves. What are you supposed to do ask for a death certificate to prove it? It would end up being distasteful. That's before you even touch on the point Xalin has made.

I thought it was quite hard, but then the prize was quite big... don't think I could have completed it without some of the tips people gave me if I'm being honest ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom