GOA Europe "LAG" Server make people leave.

M

mikkelhelle

I have 2 English accounts at GOA, and have been playing for about 2 years now, and are back after a short break from the game!

Last time i played, both accounts was running fine on 1 computer. But now its impossible to play because of the server lag. Even 1 account can, from time to time give a lot of problem(LAG).

I have 2 accounts on the US servers also, and there i can play 2 accounts at the same computer with out any problem and very smooth! Even on the most crowded servers.

What is GOA doing...............are they downgrading there servers.

And to all with "LAG" problem. Its not your computer or ISP there are making trouble, it's the servers at GOA.

:-(

A

acei

I haven't had any server lag in a while, sometimes on occassion i do have computer lag (i have the lag panel up so that i know which type of lag i get). Playing 2 accounts on one PC is never recommended by Mythic though because unless you have a P4 HT or 2 CPU's with ALOT of RAM then you WILL get degraded performance.

O

ormorof

i play smoothly with 2 acc's most of the times, only sometimes in crowded zones (DF and occasionally aegir) that i get lag

then again i got a 3.0 ghz pc and 1gb of RAM :p

only when doing large scale rvr i have problems with 2 acc's, so its not just GOA's incompetence :p

A

Aurilius

ISP's, route's to server, your comp setup, comp software ect can make you lag aswell.

It dosn't have to be the server all the time :)

C

cHodAX

Was getting alot of server lag on Prydwen tonight, full group from all over Europe were getting it and most people in my guild were maoning about it as well. Traceroute was showing no problems on the way to GOA but a ton of lag once the packets hit the game server.

D

darbey

When i played i found i almost exclusively had a way better connection to the US server than the euro one. I have to agree with the poster.

F

Flimgoblin

if you use chello.nl they route you via the US to france ;)

what sort of lag are you getting? delay between command and response?

or screen freezing?

M

Melodic

What causes the screen freeze? I occasionally get it

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Melodic
What causes the screen freeze? I occasionally get it

that's yer computer - I usually get it when there's too many people sitting on the pad lagging you to hell (the portal ceremony itself is pretty painful) - probably caused by the computer having to go into virtual memory rather than physical stuff..

more memory seems to do quite a bit to alleviate that, obviously faster graphics card/processor will help too :) as might a faster hard drive

N

)nick(

There's been quite a lot of server lag on prydwen lately.

All 3 my indicators were fine (I have 25ms ping with no packetloss to the servers) yet still people were warping all over the place. It seems to be fixed lastnight after they brought excal down.

T

tripitaka

I noticed a problem last night too - every 30 seconds / every minute or so, i'd lag for about half a second.

Nothing was being downloaded elsewhere on my LAN, etc.

When i enquired in GU about it, others said they were getting the same. I left the game about 00.25 GMT.

You say they brought excal down again last night ?

O

old.anubis

yesterday
ping 48
traceroute ok
middle indicator yellow-red
1-2 sec response to any command (/say, style, spell, everything)
couldnt play, logged off

B

Blood

yesterday, there were problems with an opentransit router far from goa, it gave everyone an extra +650 ping (making the game pretty unplayable), which affected a large part of europe

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Blood
yesterday, there were problems with an opentransit router far from goa, it gave everyone an extra +650 ping (making the game pretty unplayable), which affected a large part of europe

Wasn't the problem for many though, the lag was at GOA's end and not on the route.

B

Blood

Originally posted by cHodAX
Wasn't the problem for many though, the lag was at GOA's end and not on the route.

uhm, i changed my routing around opentransit, and played with no problems

C

cHodAX

Not saying you didn't bud or that others weren't having opentransit problems, what I am saying is that myself and others on Albion Prydwen ran traces and had no problems on route to GOA but picked up alot of lag once it hit the game server. Now people are saying that once Excal went down the problem just vanished, it is possible many people were getting the worst of the lag by a combination of both problems.

K

Kallio

I´ve got wierd lag sometimes, some dude called Outlaw was causing it!

R

Roo Stercogburn

I'm finding I get disconnected from the game at times when I'm at home playing on broadband on a high spec PC. Other internet activity is fine but in my last session of play I got bombed out twice from the game while nothing else was affected. I run 1 account and I wasn't downloading or uploading anything. Oh and there wasn't masses of local activity - was just hunting in Varul with a single group, wasn't like a relic raid or anything :D

This doesn't conclusively prove its GOA's fault however, as you can get performance spikes on the internet (or any other type of network) which last a few seconds and are gone - enough to tip over a specific application which say requires a constant decent connection, such as a game, but won't noticably interfere with browsers and so forth.

S

Smartypants

OH, how did you do that? Opentransit are usually messing up my connection to the server...

S

SoulFly Amarok

I've been suffering for server & connection lag for some odd reason..

W

walkerb

lots of what seems to be server lag latly, pingplotter shows no lag to the servers, like 50ping no pl, still server seems to respond alot slower latly, sometimes it takes 4-5sec before insta's goes of etc

S

Smartypants

This is how it looks almost all the time nowadays.
100% packet loss at the jump to Opentransit. And usually a bit of PL on one or more of the Opentransit servers...

excal.png

M

Melodic

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
that's yer computer - I usually get it when there's too many people sitting on the pad lagging you to hell (the portal ceremony itself is pretty painful) - probably caused by the computer having to go into virtual memory rather than physical stuff..

more memory seems to do quite a bit to alleviate that, obviously faster graphics card/processor will help too :) as might a faster hard drive

I have a XP 2200+ processor, 1gb ddr ram, a 256mb geforce fx 5900 ultra gfx card, and my hard drive is a 80gb 7200, only a few months old. bit pissed off my pc is causing the screen freeze.

C

chimaira

noticed past month 2 accs is hard as hell to boot up. as teh first game window usually Lds when u alt tab to it.

earlier had no trouble whats so ever with it.

Users who are viewing this thread