GOA Email - War/DAOC Joint Subs

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Anyone thinking of reactivating their old DAOC accounts using this offer?

1 month: €19.95 (€5/£3.50 off on DAoC)
3 months: €53.95 (€14/£9.50 off on DAoC)
6 months: €99.95 (€26/£18 off on DAoC)

Was nice of them to give old time DAOC players the 'Veteran' title.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Why?

Do you really want to run around Excal/Pryd with the other 10 folks that are online on a normal evening?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea what my user name/password was for daoc, and don't see the point of playing on a dead server

and am I the only once that notice you get less and less off on the daoc account the longer time you pay for?

or am I simply missunderstanding what it says

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
should make, free daoc account together with your war acc

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if 10% of the people playing WAR were to buy a daoc sub the servers would be rammed :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
If there was an origins server yeah.

But playing a ToA char in the land of buffbots kinda defeats the purpose of a reduced subs offer.

I think GoA could have been smarter with this offer in waiting and implementing an origins server.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
should make, free daoc account together with your war acc

Been saying this for months now. Only way to breath life back into DAoC is make it a freebie for WAR subscribers.

DAoC EU is not worth paying one red cent for now, personally i find this "offer" laughable.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the thing is daoc never had any major advertising to bring in new players now that warhammer has effectivly brought in a massive boost of players goa / mythic can advertise DAOC for free by just senidng out a "newsletter" email staying here is free daoc time go try it out.

and bingo your servers fill up with people who have never heard of daoc. I dont think i would go back as i did everything, slayed all three dragons, done all the mls run raids seen every major dungeon. killed practically everything in the game. defendeded the relics taken the relics camped bridges run 8v8 whined moaned added zerged and all that stuff.

daoc is a nice chapter in my life that although i would love to recreate i dont think i will so therefore i wont return. Nice idea but mythic / goa should just throw everyone who signs up for warhammer a weeks free pass to daoc they may or may not stay.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Honestly, I miss DaoC.
No matter how much I love WAR, it will never replace DaoC for me.
But still, I'm not paying additional money to play on an empty server.
As people said before, make it either a freebie for WAR players or give us an origins server.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
If you miss DAoC go play it? Jeez... If I miss something I do it or hug it. Unless it's dead. Oh, wait...

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
If you miss DAoC go play it? Jeez... If I miss something I do it or hug it. Unless it's dead. Oh, wait...

What kind of a stupid comment was that again? (not that I expected any better from you, to be honest)
What's wrong with missing DaoC?
I mean, because it's old and dead, is it wrong to still miss DaoC and the good times I had there?

spikekills

Fledgling Freddie
agree with vinter daoc was me first online game and i played it till it died i miss the game but went back on 7 day free and omg the lag was afull and no it wernt me pc as i played aoc wow and warhamer fine why would i pay for that highest number on server i saw was 120

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone thinking of reactivating their old DAOC accounts using this offer?

1 month: €19.95 (€5/£3.50 off on DAoC)
3 months: €53.95 (€14/£9.50 off on DAoC)
6 months: €99.95 (€26/£18 off on DAoC)

Was nice of them to give old time DAOC players the 'Veteran' title.

What veteran title, and i never got this email and had been playing for years and years :(

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
What veteran title, and i never got this email and had been playing for years and years :(

I never heard about this Veteran title either,and how do they even know who played daoc since accounts are seperated.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I never heard about this Veteran title either,and how do they even know who played daoc since accounts are seperated.

As far as I understood, you'll need to add your old DaoC serial key to your war-europe.com account, or something like that.
Means that I'll start looking up where I left those bloody cd's, just in case :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the email I got had a bonus key in it - I expect that come october (was the date mentioned in the email) you can input that to get your title.

Received the email on my daoc accounts email addresses.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muahaha the whole point is, if you gonna play Daoc you'll need 2 War accounts also.
Good marketing move :flame:

York

Fledgling Freddie

Ditto!!

Also played US servers for along time too and i got a nice email from Mythic but sod all from GOA? To be expected I guess, Mythic always did treat thier customers well.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
To me it seems like it's a trophy

characters will receive a special triskel trophy that will show that you are a veteran on the battlefields.

What the hell is a triskel thought?

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I got the mail with the key but I cant actualy think when I played it so I musnt of played it long if I did.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's a special trophy not a title, Apologies for that. From the goa email:

We have another bit of good news for all those of you who consider themselves Dark Age of Camelot enthusiasts: note that thanks to the key below, your Warhammer® Online: Age of ReckoningTM characters will receive a special triskel trophy that will show that you are a veteran on the battlefields.
To activate this item, entre the key number in the Account section of the WAR website from the 29th September on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom