[GOA]Big event atm GO GO GO !

N

ning

The time to strike back !
[2003-17-09]

Night was falling and already shadows were growing, taking over roads and the narrowest alleyways, cautiously edging closer to the borders of the great squares. It was dusk, the time when honest people considered returning to their homes, where the merchants packed away their wares, where laughter started escaping from the soon to be crammed taverns.

The watch posted its guards for the night who in less than an hour would be the only ones to struggle with the nightlife for control of these places bustling with life. For the moment, adorned in their cloaks bearing the symbol of the King and the city, they could strut around quite safely, marching down the greatest avenues of the jewel of Albion.

The air was heavy, suffocating. The storm had beaten at the city all day long to suddenly give up and flee towards the distant mountains. Camelot had certainly kept its virtue, but also its dampness and suffocating garbage. Summer was here and had every intention of letting it be known, the rain would have to wait for tomorrow or the day after.

Two men frayed a path through the thickest rubbish, indifferent to the stench emanating from the neighbouring tanneries. Their conversation, barely whispered, was certainly not aimed at the first come person, but the young woman was no simple onlooker and knew perfectly well how to play with the shadows in these dark alleys.

"In Cornwall. The first ships set sail less than an hour ago, and… It is good that Harcourt is in command."

The second man simply nodded his head in agreement, his expression remaining impassable. It had been a long time ago that he had first learnt to hide his emotions, a very grim necessity in his line of work. In fact, even the strange colour of the moon, the night before, had not brought any sign of interest from that stone face.

"At the right price. It is the King that pays and the Duke assures the guard. No nasty surprises there either. All in all, an excellent dress-rehearsal if you want my opinion."

"That is assuming the Witch's information is correct Andreas. Only with that assumption."

"But…"

"That's enough Andreas. It is neither the place nor the time to speak of such things."

The young woman frowned in frustration. She was certain that she had not been seen. It had been three weeks that she had stalked her prey, and three weeks that she has been unable to obtain anything other than dribs and drabs. Anyway, if those two were patient, so was she and after all, it is always but a question of time…

That was quite convenient really, she actually had a lot of time, for if the war had begun, if the fleet already sailed to the distant island of Heimaey, if the reign of the enigmatic Borogove Queen was at last threatened, that did not concern her at all really, did it ?

Additional out of character details :

The final step of the campaign has been launched on all European servers save Camlann and it will bring you to the very heart of the Borogove empire ! In effect, even if the realms of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia have managed to push back all the attacks on them from the Borogove troops and their Geersha allies, the threat still remains and it is time to put an end once and for all to the mysterious invasion plans of the Black Queen.

While a pallid moon has invaded the skies of our lands, symbol of extremely rare astrological phenomenon, the Albion and Hibernian fleets set sail for their distant destination. The Wise of Midgard have managed, after much research, to invert the portal once used by the invaders, and already the first Troll warriors prepare themselves for battle.

To embark upon this adventure, make your way to the little path that runs by the cliffs of Cornwall in Albion, to the south-east of Galpen in Myrkwood Forest for Midgard, and the jetty at Connla in Hibernia.

A technical note now : even if the teams have managed to play around with the technical limitations imposed by the game code itself (the impossibility to create a new zone from scratch for example), it has also been necessary to take into account the server load brought about by all the elements in play (many players and even more active monsters all running around at the same time). As a result of this, the Borogove realm will only be accessible to a specific maximum number of players at any one time. :)

O

old.Zchez

just sad albs ruine it by killing instead of working together :(

hibs was nice though! :D :clap:
even though some did pbae!! :eek:

D

darzil

Just came from there. People are mostly (with some exceptions) working together.

If people don't use AE attacks, and only target mobs, it should work out !

O

old.Zchez

well, albs turned good so it goes nice now :D

O

old.Jable

i gotta say, those fiction pieces are badly written. all the mystery in the world cant cover the fact.

why cant we have some decent writers in? anything is better than endless suggestion with no content.

i like reading fantasy. i like reading books. i cant be bothered to read this crap tho. do we get the badly translated from french version?

B

Breni

Originally posted by old.Jable
anything is better than endless suggestion but no content.

anything is better than endless suggestion...and Tolkein :p

O

old.Jable

hah sorry brenna, make your post senseless :)

btw before i edited it, i suggested something tolkienesk would be so much better. but at least something written properly. i could do exactly the same thing easily. 3 or 4 characters, no proper plot, just constantly refering to things without properly explaining what they are, making the characters say things like "hush, we cant speak of this here" and "but what if they - ah, but this tale is not for this eve" etc etc etc.

its pure amateur COCKSHITE

they should either get someone decent in or spank the money on more translators so we get the patches earlier.

O

ormorof

well people seem to be having fun doing itm i couldnt go cos of this damn xp group :(

it seemed to be full as well so only the lucky 120 or so got in :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Jable
i gotta say, those fiction pieces are badly written. all the mystery in the world cant cover the fact.

why cant we have some decent writers in? anything is better than endless suggestion with no content.

i like reading fantasy. i like reading books. i cant be bothered to read this crap tho. do we get the badly translated from french version?

Hire Shaeffer and the other authors to do the event writing!!!!!

Shaeffer 4 teh win imo fyi tbh

(and the guy who wroter "Redemption" on templars board)

Y

yerk

I will never pass a mid of any lvl without attcking on sight

Having spent 20 minutes to get into tonight's event i wud like to thank the mids especially the selfish idiots in yellow cloaks with red V and horizontal axes for spoiling it completely by attcking all albs and hibs near them - i was killed 5 times while rez sick so they cudnt even claim to be getting rp's.

Still they are probably selfish noobs irl too.

O

old.job

Well it seems a bit weird to make an event where realms can attack each other.
If they allow it, it would seem pointless not to do it, but then that would spoil the whole idea of the event, a three apart level immunity would be nice :)

V

Valpurgius

tryed it out myself just resenly... and i can just agree the event is completly SHIT.
Playing on prydwen server there is like 90% mids there ghanking everything around em. And when u release and try to come back the place is locked (whith mids offcorse) and u have to wait a shitload of time to get back in, only to have like 50 greefer mid´s to whack u in 5 min.

J

jaapi

Originally posted by darzil
Just came from there. People are mostly (with some exceptions) working together.
I had enough when i had been on the top of the keep for some time, and someone next to me starts shooting me with his bow...

AOE might count as an accident.

N

ning

GOA do nothing ==> whine.
GOA make an event ==> whine.

Find the mistake.

O

otho

Originally posted by ning
GOA do nothing ==> whine.
GOA make an event ==> whine.

Find the mistake.

Easy. Goa make a good balanced event that all have a chance to participate in=no whine

G

gutrot

have to admit i couldnt really see the point of the event and got very bored very quickly. Did the black queen drop any reward btw?

P

painman

Originally posted by Valpurgius
tryed it out myself just resenly... and i can just agree the event is completly SHIT.
Playing on prydwen server there is like 90% mids there ghanking everything around em. And when u release and try to come back the place is locked (whith mids offcorse) and u have to wait a shitload of time to get back in, only to have like 50 greefer mid´s to whack u in 5 min.

stop braging m8, u will NEVER last 5 mins with a mid :)

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by otho
Easy. Goa make a good balanced event that all have a chance to participate in=no whine

The way these boards are going lately - SOMEONE WOULD WHINE !

T

Tesla Monkor

Nah, but he's right. You can't make everyone happy.

I for one enjoyed the event. It was unreal to wander amongst the Hibs and Albs without getting smeared out the moment I unstealthed. (I did shoot a few people here and there.) It's hard to ignore all those RP Happy Meals wander around and not indulge yourself a few times. (I claim that right being the gimpiest archer in the game. ;)

As for the 'Uber' Items.. ah, well. There's only a few. I doubt anyone will really worry about that. Sure, I'd love to have that 70% reduction proc-bow. I don't and I'll never have one. Big deal. :)

In the usual zergs in PVP it's not going to make that much of a difference.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by scarffs
Cry more etc...

Was this a retort to the fact Mids (More than most) have been ganking the very realms that will help beat the Black Queen....

Or the fact you yourself are taking part in the RP fest you guys seem to be having.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by quinthar
Was this a retort to the fact Mids (More than most) have been ganking the very realms that will help beat the Black Queen....

Or the fact you yourself are taking part in the RP fest you guys seem to be having.
Aint that amazing, albs say it was mids, mids say it was hibs, hibs say it was albs etc etc etc

We are all as bad as each other.

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
You can't make everyone happy.

Agree.

But, this GOA's action made bazilions of ppl unhappy, and only a few happy ones.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Aint that amazing, albs say it was mids, mids say it was hibs, hibs say it was albs etc etc etc

We are all as bad as each other.

I did say more than most, but your typically being selective, or perhaps you would like a parsed output from the logs?

Bah, you work it out for yourself, use your own logs..

Users who are viewing this thread