GOA are a useless pile of shit.

A

Archeon

Yeah, how dare they not work on the weekend!

A

afternoon_tea

Yes, how dare them not work on the weekend when I pay good fuckin money for them to.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by afternoon_tea
Yes, how dare them not work on the weekend when I pay good fuckin money for them to.
Agreed. We pay 24/7. We deserve service 24/7.

V

Vrisslar

Agree

What really bugs me tho is my acount are a fecking ghost so i cant even play on a other server. NARF !!!!

O

old.davidlqs

Originally posted by svartmetall
Agreed. We pay 24/7. We deserve service 24/7.

So you expect a zero downtime service eh? Jeez, get real children. DAoC is a database application running on pc's. You obviously have no experience whatsoever of managing this environment.

You might as well complain about roadworks slowing you down or hospital waiting lists. Shit happens - if you're not prepared to accept ANY downtime go play with yourself because that's likely to be the only service that is ALWAYS going to be available to you.

C

Cala-more

well at least give an appology on home page etc

S

syri

I don't demand 24/7 uptime, i do however demand to be told what the problem is, or at least have the reasurance that someone is looking at it...

F

- Fedaykin -

or at least like to see a french server go down once in a while

would lessen the pain for me

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.davidlqs
So you expect a zero downtime service eh? Jeez, get real children. DAoC is a database application running on pc's. You obviously have no experience whatsoever of managing this environment.

You might as well complain about roadworks slowing you down or hospital waiting lists. Shit happens - if you're not prepared to accept ANY downtime go play with yourself because that's likely to be the only service that is ALWAYS going to be available to you.

Don't patronise me. I WORK in PC tech support, and of course things go wrong. Things also get fixed, and if I displayed the contempt and disdain for paying cutomers that GOA do on a daily basis I'd expect to get fired...and rightfully so.
Right now 3,000 people are unable to use the service for which they are currently paying, and GOA have not even had the good manners to say what's going on, what the fault is, or what they are or are not attempting to do about it.
And that is unacceptable.

E

elewyth

perhaps you should go back to kiddie fiddling and playing counterstrike with aimbots...

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Cala-more
well at least give an appology on home page etc

How about an acknowledgment that there is a feckin problem, that would be a start ....

S

shadowbank

do they not work weekends ? avalon is being sorted out over the weekend due to re-open monday i read somewhere.

seems to me to be another example of the french looking after only the french.

B

Blessus

All their employees (maybe not plural) are probably to busy playing Everquest to notice.

Q

quinthar

GOA like most companies on the internet are consumer driven, fuck over your income (That would be us) and they will fuck you over too.

I expect zero downtime, I accept there will be some however.

Now if you tell me to go find out about database applications I'll laugh at you a lot, if you tell me shit happens I'll show you a business that loses 100,000 sterling each hour the system is down, so dont throw "You cant expect this and you should grow up more" because I have been there and done that!.

Accidents happen, servers crash, but the one thing you MUST ALLWAYS DO IS "KEEP THE PUNTER INFORMED"

A

Apathy

Somebody should write a, like, REALLY STERN letter to someone.

a.

G

gorff

Originally posted by syri
I don't demand 24/7 uptime, i do however demand to be told what the problem is, or at least have the reasurance that someone is looking at it...

Exactly it's not the downtime so much as the fact we know that no one is there trying to fix it.Servers being up 24/7 365 days a year is not realistic,to expect 24/7 technical support is.That is in no way to much to ask for a service we pay for 24/7 365 days a year.

I have never been so angry this has just been left till Monday when they all come in from a nice weekend,to say they couldn't give a stuff is a huge understatement.
As has been mentioned the only way to fix these problems is to go direct to Mythic,complaining to GOA about GOA will get us no where.

F

finbahr

hey dick head the m62 may have road works buy you can still drive on it and if if closed due to accidents i'm sure you will hear about it before you are turned away from getting on it

i pay for 24 hours a day 7 days a week nowhere in the eula des it say it will be down certain times due to relic raids or that the 486 server will go down

mmmm wonder if you play doac as can't see your sig

W

WardyWonderland

Originally posted by syri

What he said

O

old.yaruar

*hands up*

Me, me, I know this one....

I am the it manager at a stockbrokerage running a real time online brokering service.

We run redhat 9 with oracle enterprise edition with 100gb+ of database files with mirrored failover....

we have some downtime, but never more than a few hours and that's only for major disasters involving corruption of the database itself.

However, this is probably why our bill from oracle every year is measured in teh 100's of thousands......

For a server to be out for 24 hours and the accounts to be locked however is a worrying level of service...

C

censi

I argued the same point from day 1.

Its fine that the servers down, shit happens.

Its fine that its been down for over 24 hours.

Its not fine to provide no information though.

GOA did get a bit better, but they are slipping back into old habbits.

Suggest rather than moan send them and e-mail complaining and threatening cancellation.

I think we can safely guess they really do have minimum resources there (and who can blame them its new year i guess) but again I must say they HAVE to stick a note out on the web site stating theres a vault and thats its being looked at, at the very least. (oh and an apolagy is good to)

R

Ravenbourne

I am also getting pissed off at seeing that Happy new year message every time i go and check the home page in the vague hope that those retards have even acknowledged there is a problem.

F

Feac_

/agree goa really do suck on a lot of points

sadest bit is we all know the most that will happen is a apology due to new years, 2 days added to our subs and that is about it all the letters of complaint to mythic & goa no matter how polite will achieve nothing :(

end of the day we have 3 choices

grin and bare it :(
/quit ( but then chances are u still get billed anyway)
buy US version and start again

Users who are viewing this thread