GOA and its Communication...

C

Cawr

Ok well as there was so much spam flying about I thought I'd add my own.

GOA has a serious problem communicating with the community it relies on inorder to keep this game going. We got 1 post on the official web-site with 3 updates within 30mins, thats more like it up-to-date commentry on the situation.

It has now over been 3 hours since the last update...

Thats no word on server situation, further developments or any estimations on down time.

Don't even bother with its insightful Weekly status posts or its superb customer support, Out of game for your convience!

I've been sitting here like a lemon for two of those three hours now trying to log in, mostly wondering where exactly my extra £2 a month is being spent... mm lets see..

In game support? - na

Server Upgrade? - Maybe but not yet

Another English Server? - pfft Yeh right.

And here we are on BW and again not a sausage from those nice french chappies, infact I beleive I've only seen 3-4 threads with a GOA admin posted reply.

I enjoy DAoC so will not quit playing even given the the short commings of its Europe operator - Its just if I had broadband I know which side of the pond I'd be playing on.

V

vargen

They r **** retards.
why cant they say if the server will be ug again tonight or not?! How hard can it be..

T

Thamiles

Well I deleted my hib prydwen chars and tried out midgaard tonight.
Real exitement....

S

samildanachh

Originally posted by thamiles
Well I deleted my hib prydwen chars and tried out midgaard tonight.
Real exitement....

nerf-tham has a BW account :p

A

agon

Originally posted by Cawr
Ok well as there was so much spam flying about I thought I'd add my own.

GOA has a serious problem communicating with the community it relies on inorder to keep this game going. We got 1 post on the official web-site with 3 updates within 30mins, thats more like it up-to-date commentry on the situation.

It has now over been 3 hours since the last update...

Thats no word on server situation, further developments or any estimations on down time.

Don't even bother with its insightful Weekly status posts or its superb customer support, Out of game for your convience!

I've been sitting here like a lemon for two of those three hours now trying to log in, mostly wondering where exactly my extra £2 a month is being spent... mm lets see..

In game support? - na

Server Upgrade? - Maybe but not yet

Another English Server? - pfft Yeh right.

And here we are on BW and again not a sausage from those nice french chappies, infact I beleive I've only seen 3-4 threads with a GOA admin posted reply.

I enjoy DAoC so will not quit playing even given the the short commings of its Europe operator - Its just if I had broadband I know which side of the pond I'd be playing on.

They are so fucking ignorant that it's sick..

C

censi

rubish imo.

DAOC has been a pretty stable service. Better than any other mmrpg I have played. GOA were bad at first but are getting better at communicating all the time.

If the server goes down do something else for a few hours while they fix it. Shits happens, Its not good when it does happen but its life (or computers)

O

old.Sepiritz

Yea, I think regarding to stability and server maintenance GOA are doing a great job.. Customer relations could certainly improve though.
I loved it when Zargar went on IRC and bw forums to inform us step by step what was going on. :)

I

ilaya

Methinks the Goa team took the night off to watch France vs Cameroon on telly.. then got drunk afterwards after their "impressive" win..

O

old.Wildfire

Well... GOA should just "give" the english servers to mythic really shouldnt they... give people the option of a free subscription transfer to mythic's database and then just fuck off back to fondle their french/german servers, as that's where their interests as so-called "developers" clearly lie.

B

Belomar

Stop complaining, you whiners, GOA is improving and they were on the job informing us immediately when something went wrong. As it happens, it is summer and this happened on a Sunday, so it is very likely that the main server administrators were not in or maybe even on vacation. What was done last night was most likely done remotely, which is why the issues have not been fully fixed yet.

S

sorusi

no herald working for several months
no test server
no csr's
bad server performance

- this is really bad service :p

O

old.Wildfire

^ what he said - the only reason GOA have any english-speaking subscribers at all is because if the vague benefeits of servers operating around our own prime-times.

Compared to any other server operator of any other MMORPG you can think of... "GOA gives you less".

V

vargen

If i were the the boss on GOA, I would give one free full respec stone to one char on every single acount in the game.
I dont think im asking for too much.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by sorusi
no herald working for several months
no test server
no csr's
bad server performance

Roger that.
Alhough the only thing that improved has been communication.
And the speed with which patches are rolled out.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Laryssa

10 hours of downtime is a bit heavy imho :(
guess we will get 1 day free play as usual ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom