GOA a waste of time ?

roasty

Fledgling Freddie
hi all was tralling through my guilds forum (elysium/albion/pryd )and came across this from my guild leader , now hes very oppionated (hehe to be polite)
but he does have alot of good points in it and i'd thought id share them with all. read it and see what u think was posted about the time of excal's troubles but is still relevant :) :eek:

GOA's Priority List

1)All French Servers
2)French Customer Support (Yes they actually get CSR in game)
3)All German Servers
4)German Customer Support (Yes they to get CSR in game)
5)PVP Server
6)Walking the Dog
7)Making Dinner
8)Phoning there friends
9)Do the washing up
10)Watching TV........
1201. English Servers
1202. English Customer Support...... Oppps Delete we dont have any

Well I see this is obviously correct all the French servers are up, Hmmm, all the German servers are up, All the English servers are..... Down

It seems from some of the forums, they have lots of Events and News on the French & German servers but very little on the English servers
It seems lastnight when they took all the English & German servers down because Excal server had a prob!!!?!! they at least told the Germans
that the problem most likely wouldnt be fix until today, yet on the English server no such message.

It seems GOA are only willing to support th French & Germans and have to have English servers because they have to provide English servers inaccordance
with there contract with Mythic. Obviously that doesnt include actual customer support, what am i thinking that would be far too much to ask for, I mean its not.
they only recently raised our subscription cost in line with US pricing to get more money and provide a sub standard service.

But then all the US servers dont have CSR oh no w8 they do, oh and all the Euro servers, oh its ok everyone its only if u want to speak English u a 2nd class
Euro player, not worthy of any support either in or out of game and if they bill u 3 or 4 times for old accounts dont worry they wont reimburse you because they
cancelled your account and dont know your old details anymore, its not GOA fault for doing it they just tell the ppl who store your Creditcard information to
take the money again they dont store the info.

(I cut and pasted it so its a bit wonky soz for that)

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder how many people feel like thise to be honest. if it is just a loud minority.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
so true... i think GOA takes us europeans (not french/germans) for granted, maybe we all should play FF XI instead where the support totally rox and events are on all the time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Laston said:
i wonder how many people feel like thise to be honest. if it is just a loud minority.

i dont think its a loud minority.. i think its a very quiet majority.. most ppl cba to go here and wine about it coz nothing will ever change..

but dont think many are THAT happy about goas PISS CRAP customer support!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
In game CSRs on French and German servers..... thats a new one on me.

Vae

Resident Freddy
AFAIK there are no ingame CSR on the French or German servers.

There are events on all servers - Try checking out the camelot criers that have been introduced for more info. They will start giving out info int he days leading up to an event and then some info as a debrief afterwards.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Whine.

GOA has dealt all troubles I had and late patches etc, who cares, schedules change.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
and besides, there is a reason why GOA gives more priority to bring the french and german servers up first. The represent a bigger amount of the customers. ppl tend to forget that GOA is a commercial company that wants to make money. They only have X numbers of monkeys ready to fix the servers, those monkeys can only fix Y number of servers at the same time. So if a bigger amount then Y servers crash then they will have to make a choice. And from pure business point of view its better to serve the biggest customer part first, since we all pay the same.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
This is how GOA makes the patches:
1. Translates US -> Frensh (taking 2 months)
2. Translates US -> German (enother 2 months)
3. Translat no wait... they dont.
4. Get Frensh servers up. (4 months after US release)
5. Get German servers up. (4 months after US release)
6. Get English servers up. (4 months and 3 days after US release)

It should be like this:
1. Convert US -> English (one hour)
2. Get English servers up (3 days, various coffee breaks and toilet visits)
3. Translate and yeye etc etc.

Now exept from the obvious crap I wrote up there, there rest is pretty much serious.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
roasty said:
GOA's Priority List

2)French Customer Support (Yes they actually get CSR in game)

4)German Customer Support (Yes they to get CSR in game)

MUHHAHAHAHAHA
There is 0 CSR on french and german servers.
Lie Lie.The rest of your post is just the same :puke:

Just read german and french forum, there are the same comments about Customer Support like here.
(oh and look at the official website, there is no news about the virus on german and french part of the website, neither GOA GMs on the french forum like here (I don't even know the GMs name for the french servers (I've been playing for 2 years), neither football event, neither ...; BTW French Chronicles are still bugged)

French and german servers aren't more up than english servers. But when they are down, you just don't know because you don't play on these servers ... :eek:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
GOA support staff can actually be found in-game occasionally.

Much as I enjoy GOA bashing when its justified (for example this thread for their latest cluelessness) no European servers have full-time in-game support staff (ie the /appeal command used on Mythic's servers etc) However from time to time GOA resolve RightNow queries via in-game characters.

I dealt with one once - very amusing it was too ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be inclined to say its just a very loud minority, very - very loud. But then i'm jaded. I think most of the people who waste their time (and don't fool yourself into thinking its anything else) flaming GOA should just shut the hell up and cancel their sub if they're so unhappy with things.

As for French/German events, as far as i know thats primarily down to frnech/german players actually going to GOA and suggesting/asking for them. And its not like the english servers havn't had them (Pyr's had a few) - i'd have to say the main reason the excal community doesn't get that much in the way of events like football games and such is because everyone is too busy trying to get their next realm rank.

That said GOA Rightnow (they should really change the name of that) support is fairly abysmal, i waited a month to get my lvl11 hunter epic quest restarted. I logged her in a week or so ago and find it still hasn't been restarted even though i'd recieved a reply telling me it had :eek7:

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
GOA support staff can actually be found in-game occasionally.

Much as I enjoy GOA bashing when its justified (for example this thread for their latest cluelessness) no European servers have full-time in-game support staff (ie the /appeal command used on Mythic's servers etc) However from time to time GOA resolve RightNow queries via in-game characters.

I dealt with one once - very amusing it was too ;)

How did you know he was connected ?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
stuff :p
Now exept from the obvious crap I wrote up there, there rest is pretty much serious.
(to big post to quote for my reply:p)

GOA has to test patches before putting them on our servers, it isnt unknown to be bugs in them (no sound bug rings a bell?) and that is after tests even. Also patches might have wrong files or missing files, so that also takes some testing.
Now you could either do translating and then testing (I dont think testing of the translation take any/much time) or you could do testing for english files and then tests for french/german ones, resulting in having to do the tests twice and actually making the waiting time longer for patches. That is the time between patches as soon as GOA is ready to receive the next patch, off course the english servers will get it fast (and probably be full aswell till the german/french have it, afterwards it will return to 2 servers again) and then having to wait longer than now for the next one.

Anyway if all goes well we should get patch 1.67 in end of february. So we will run one patch behind the americans again.

But yes I do think right now should be improved upon. However getting csr's is a rather costly way of doing and not completly necesarry (yes its really nice to have them, but if rightnow would always work as it does at time (12 hour respond to a problem when it is a working day) then most complaints wouldnt be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom