Resolved Go to first unread...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Is a white button if you use the white theme. So you can't see it unless you know it's there and hover. Fixable?

(I used a prefix!)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go to first unread is the default action for the thread title link now (i.e. the title of the thread)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
threads I've previously read are now unaware I've read them. So first unread goes to the beginning of the thread. Very very annoying. This seems to affect imported threads, not threads created since. The werewolf thread is my example.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Similar with the football thread, it's first unread post is around page 153 ( in september ).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am pissed. I will sort out tomorrow. x

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Erm, no I can't.

Every time I try it gives me a windows login box that does nothing. It claims the file is 100% below, but there's no thumbnail and nothing in this post. (that's when I try and attach, not link to external)

FreddysHouse

The Boss
Staff member
Hmm, uploading here seems ok. When it says 100% do you get a little preview next to it?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No, nothing. Like I say, it goes to 100% then pops up a windows login box. If I enter my user/pass nothing happens, if I cancel it nothing happens.

FreddysHouse

The Boss
Staff member
That's an http auth... Very strange. Let me check the server config file.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seen that before, that's something to do with flash using windows permissions system and the browser generally being non-IE iirc.

What browser you running Wazz you chuffer?

Will

/bin/su
Did we not have this issue in the test forum and get it fixed?

I mean the upload issue rather than the white button.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did we not have this issue in the test forum and get it fixed?

I mean the upload issue rather than the white button.

The upload issue on the testforums was due to having http and Flash not liking it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

threads I've previously read are now unaware I've read them. So first unread goes to the beginning of the thread. Very very annoying. This seems to affect imported threads, not threads created since. The werewolf thread is my example.

Tony, is this part of the problem fixed too? ^

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No is the answer to the above, all the threads still think they are unread. If I go to first unread it takes me to the beginning of the post rather than the last place I'd read it from.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No is the answer to the above, all the threads still think they are unread. If I go to first unread it takes me to the beginning of the post rather than the last place I'd read it from.

The thread unread cutoff time is 45 days and unfortunately the import didn't import your "thread read" status from vBulletin. So, all threads on here will think you last viewed them in September. Once you visit a thread and do something in it or read it then it should remember your progress.

Are you saying this is not the case?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, kind of.

for example, the football thread. If I go to first unread, it takes me to the first page. I jump to the last page to read the latest posts. The next time I click the thread, it takes me to the 2nd page, or the last place I'd read BEFORE I'd jumped to the end of the thread. I don't really want to mark all threads read, as I haven't read them all.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I marked everything as read over the weekend but I'm noticing this behaviour since then. It will only take you to the first unread post if there is a post you haven't read yet, otherwise it drops you at the start of the thread rather than on the last post (it seems to me the latter would be the logical thing to do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom