Go motorola, it's your birthday.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Motorola Mobility has won its first of two patent-infringement cases against Apple, both of which were filed back in April. This grants them an injunction against all of the products which infringe. No big deal, that only includes the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, the original iPad 3G and iPad 2 3G. Oh damn. And if you're feeling smug because you didn't see the iPhone 4S in there, that's only because the lawsuit was filed back in April, but it's a pretty safe bet that the 4S includes the offending technology, too. Needless to say, this is potentially a major blow to Apple.
The patent in question relates to core cellular technology and is described in the court document as "method for performing a countdown function during a mobile-originated transfer for a packet radio system". If the ruling is upheld, Apple must either remove this technology from their devices or pay a hefty licensing fee. There is also a question of payment for past infringement.

http://gizmodo.com/5866646/motorola-wins-europe+wide-sales-ban-against-ios-devices

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Change your font colour FFS you not been told that enough already.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Change your font colour FFS you not been told that enough already.
harsh much :p just select it... and btw copying over anything from places like Twitter makes the font that color, it's a pain in the ass to change :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
harsh much :p just select it... and btw copying over anything from places like Twitter makes the font that color, it's a pain in the ass to change :/

It's not a pain in the arse. You just highlight it and press the eraser button (top row, first button on the left on the formatting bar). This removes all formatting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well played motorola, lets hope it sticks. I hope it doesn't drive people to go out and panic-buy iOS devices and push their sales up though.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so apple will have to pay out so many millions in compensation and licensing fees does anyone actually think for more than a split second this will actually impact apple in any meaningful way? gratz to motorola and all that im glad someones landed a punch on apple but nothing will change.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Could it be that this is the blow to touch-f*cking-screens everywhere? The one that brings them down? Oh please, i don't want anything for santamas, but let it be this!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
One of your more moronic musings of the day, Toht. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just hate touch screens and all they represent. Well, hate is such a strong word, wanting them to burn in eternal hellfire would be more reasonable.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
so apple will have to pay out so many millions in compensation and licensing fees does anyone actually think for more than a split second this will actually impact apple in any meaningful way? gratz to motorola and all that im glad someones landed a punch on apple but nothing will change.

Depends, Apple played the ban card vs samsung, if motorola did the same to apple. wheeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I hope they do, about time someone gave apple a bloody nose.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Exactly, all these recent court cases (vs mostly Samsung but also HTC) have gone in Apple's favour.

And Toht..... why?

*instantly regret asking*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Better not get too much into it, i just do :p

Might have to do with working on them when they were still poo on a stick, then watch poo on a stick evolve into popuklar poo on stick for no reason, yet essentially being the same poo, on different stick.

I have a thing against casual game stuff, so it kinda derives from there as well. Wii, touch screens, xboxmovewhatchacallit, gimmicky bullcrap.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That does not mean you can't like 'em, that doesn't invalidate your existence, it doesn't make your taste on things any less. Just to be crystal clear since people have this hangup about everyone needing to validate their opinions :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
It's not a pain in the arse. You just highlight it and press the eraser button (top row, first button on the left on the formatting bar). This removes all formatting.
Or the people reading it can just select it

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Paste into notepad, copy paste into here. That's my favourite format stripper.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
can't easily select on my phone, love should sort it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom