Music Glasto tickets locked in

Chilly

Balls of steel
Thanks to m00 on IRC who hooked me up with a *very* sneaky DNS trick to skip the queue :D

Who else is going?

Chilly

Balls of steel
meh, never been to a big festival before. no point starting small :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Festivals get shitter and more expensive every year, how long til the bubble bursts?

Chilly

Balls of steel
People have been turning up in fields and raving for centuries, people will continue to turn up in fields and rave for centuries to come.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I was in a field this weekend doing pretty much that, I'd say you were right Chilly.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Smaller-medium sized festivals are much, much better in my experience. The huge ones are just a bit rubbish.

Aye, Festivals can get too big - in the sense that they sell to you with the sheer amount of 'big' acts on, then they'll be like, oh, 3 of them are playing at the same time, it's a bit annoying.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Too many shit bands, horrible toilets, everything over priced.

No ta.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Festivals get shitter and more expensive every year, how long til the bubble bursts?

You're forgetting that a) a new young generation wanting to discover festivals comes along b) older generations wanting to rekindle the spirit of festivals in the 90s.

The first festival I went to (T in the Park), I was playing it on the new talent stage.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Can you pm me the DNS trick please?

I thought you added something to the end of the URL but I forget :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
Bahumat, the tickets are all gone and the bug was fixed. It involved a hosts file entry, though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The first festival I went to (T in the Park), I was playing it on the new talent stage.

I did some filming (sound recording) at one of those. We interviewed some young lads about something or other, I forget. Anyway, the director/camerawoman/producer/whatever mentioned that we'd filmed this band, and I asked her who they were. She looked at me in shock, I think she was genuinely offended that I didn't know who they were.

Well she probably couldn't identify David Gilmour either, but obviously one of the world's best guitarists doesn't compare to some heavily-managed autotuned boy band.

I don't know where I'm going with this, other than to say I thought Tea in the Park was all a load of bollocks.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My memory of T in the Park and the music industry in general was that it was jam packed full of self-important, pretentious, top grade cunts who were legends in their own lunchtime.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
whenever I attend as press, there's usually so much label-sponsored vodka going on that the journos have only the vaguest grasp of what's happening around them, let alone who's playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom