givf easy Pve mode for mid tbh

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
puppet, can 6 animists 2 druids farm it now then (used to do it with 5 ani's 3 drids iirc, went fast as well) and when ani's break to-hit code, how much does pbae hit for?

pbaoe for ~300 iirc.

My bombers hit for about 200 on all .. . but not on draco as they dont hit him he is in air so they dont reach QQ..

Shrooms hit for ~60 btw.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
puppet, can 6 animists 2 druids farm it now then (used to do it with 5 ani's 3 drids iirc, went fast as well) and when ani's break to-hit code, how much does pbae hit for?

200-300+ on PBAE once shrooms are up. 1 druid is tricky - but if 1 person has a rezzer on a second-account u can normally rezz up.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
and now hush, dont tell the enemy how to do it :kissit:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Puppet said:
200-300+ on PBAE once shrooms are up. 1 druid is tricky - but if 1 person has a rezzer on a second-account u can normally rezz up.
6 ani's 1 pbae 1 druid in grp 1 druid bb? :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
6 ani's 1 pbae 1 druid in grp 1 druid bb? :D

Yep; we kept rezzer at times logged out tho; especially the adds spawned by Draco (u see em in the movie swarm to me) have an insane aggro-range and do aggro everything inside ML10

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Yep; we kept rezzer at times logged out tho; especially the adds spawned by Draco (u see em in the movie swarm to me) have an insane aggro-range and do aggro everything inside ML10
my point give mid it easyer in pve :E think there been 2 ml10 raids on mid/pry since toa release wile hib/albs can farm it whit a fg

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Anarch said:
my point give mid it easyer in pve :E think there been 2 ml10 raids on mid/pry since toa release wile hib/albs can farm it whit a fg

Well thats partially your own fault. We did over 10 'normal' raids now on Hib/Pryd.
Difference is mostly that all Hib/Pryd who can bring a ML9-ML10 char will come to help.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Well thats partially your own fault. We did over 10 'normal' raids now on Hib/Pryd.
Difference is mostly that all Hib/Pryd who can bring a ML9-ML10 char will come to help.

there have been more like 15+ got 4 toons ml10 early on in toa and was regular mod listed 10 raids b4, the frequency has dropped but was one not so long ago as well, but we need alot more people to do it :>

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
u missing the point rly m8

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Puppet said:

my experience is that they dont aggro out of grp bb?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Anarch said:
think there been 2 ml10 raids on mid/pry since toa release wile hib/albs can farm it whit a fg
Hardly, there's been loads of ML10 raids on Mid/Prydwen. However, lately, there simply has not been enough people to complete the ML10 raids, and the participants have had to resort to either cancelling the raid or killing just one or two of the ML10 bosses.

In regards to the video, some mature comments at the end, really. :rolleyes:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Hardly, there's been loads of ML10 raids on Mid/Prydwen. However, lately, there simply has not been enough people to complete the ML10 raids, and the participants have had to resort to either cancelling the raid or killing just one or two of the ML10 bosses.

he is right though, anyone that ever tried alb or even better hib pve rolls a char in mid gonna cry a river once he encounters high end pve... Kinda easier to get 3 animist bots tag along with your fg and do most of the pve EASily instead of running a raid with 25+ ppl for almost everything or wasting alot more time to finish a raid or an encounter etc:F

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well even thought he specifics might not be 100% on target...

Belomar said:

Well even though Anarchs comment might not be 100% on target, you are focusing on the wrong part of his message im pretty sure.

His point isnt to try to prove what amount of mlraids has been done i mid. Thats just a way of showing how hard it is in mid. (compared to the other realms)

And ofc there are successful ml10 raids in mids too. BUT the amount of them since the release of NF is very countable on a fingerless mans fingers. That is probably the point. In Mid atm its almost impossible to get ml9 and ml10 done. And the remark from a hib that its because hibs show up in numbers and mids choose not to help out sounds just abit naive.

The reason to why mids dont show up is that there are no way of finishing the raid unless there are loads and loads and loads of people showing up. And that tends to discourage people. In Hib/Alb you get more insentive to join the raid since you know that it will be finsihed almost certainly, one way or another. IF it fails the normal way due to low numbers people just logon their bots/petspammers to help out and it gets done and not just canceled.

/Charmangle

Puppet

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
And the remark from a hib that its because hibs show up in numbers and mids choose not to help out sounds just abit naive.

The reason to why mids dont show up is that there are no way of finishing the raid unless there are loads and loads and loads of people showing up. And that tends to discourage people. In Hib/Alb you get more insentive to join the raid since you know that it will be finsihed almost certainly, one way or another. IF it fails the normal way due to low numbers people just logon their bots/petspammers to help out and it gets done and not just canceled.

/Charmangle

No no no. Im saying EXACTLY what I said. I said Hibs *DO* show-up to help. I also think you overestimate this pet-spammage thing abit. On the first few ML-raids we didnt really have animists to help out on ML10. It requires ML9+ to enter ML10 and guess what... almost nobody did ML's on his animist because it wasnt an RvR-character at all.

Now; how long is it; 1,5 year after TOA-launch we finally have enough animists to do this kind of raid; and now ofcourse we use this tactic :p

Our last FFA ML10 raid could been done without animists; there where over 60 people in the BG; and loads of people came to help who already had ML10-credit; just to *HELP* (and obviously get a shot on the loot).

And Belomar; the QQ more Mids-comment was mostly added to piss off the Yanks on VNBoards who whine about their nerfed warlocks; nothing more fun then pissing em off once in a while ;)

Obviously its easier to do ML10 on Hibernia then on Midgard; everyone knows that. But saying 'hey all u need is 6 animists and u good to go' is way-too-easy saying. It takes more effort to find 6 animists who are able to enter ML10 and a matching time where they all can make it then organize a FFA-raid where atleast 40 peeps will come (+more who join in once the location of the portal is known). The Celestial-compas-quest added in 1.74 will make it alot easier to organize ML10-raids tho; also for Midgard :)

Anyhow; partially to show-off; partially to give people a better impression of the damage and the speed I made a better movie of a full ML10 raid with 1FG - this time in good quality and you can actually see damage-numbers of shrooms (and lafjtaps!)

http://www.novator.se/daoc/Movies/ML10-Fullraid.avi

35 Mb - 8 minutes - requires XViD-codec to watch properly.

Thanks to Mani/Grymligast/xxManiacxx for hosting; mirror-host @ RPGFilms upcoming

And the taunt @ the end is put in because we all know its gonna come on VNBoards accompanied with whines :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
My Hib/Avalon guild has 4 Animist bots that soon will be ML9. Get some help from the alliance and we'll be farming ML10 practically whenever we want to.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
My Hib/Avalon guild has 4 Animist bots that soon will be ML9. Get some help from the alliance and we'll be farming ML10 practically whenever we want to.

Sweet; but you either have to make the sacrifice of leaving animist @ ML10 dungeon or benefit next patch from the Compass-quest for ML10.

If you compare for example Hib/Pryd I can name these 6 animists + Furbina + Peat + Venoid's shroomer which I know off as ML9/ML10.

Anyhow no worries; it will be nerfed; u can bet on that.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Anyhow no worries; it will be nerfed; u can bet on that.

how you think? I mean they couldnt nerf Animists anymore.... please

and if they make mobs harder it will still make MIDS qq cuz they cant petspam (which I can understand is frustrating)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
he is right though, anyone that ever tried alb or even better hib pve rolls a char in mid gonna cry a river once he encounters high end pve... Kinda easier to get 3 animist bots tag along with your fg and do most of the pve EASily instead of running a raid with 25+ ppl for almost everything or wasting alot more time to finish a raid or an encounter etc:F

i dont mind mid pve rly, shaman+summ sm can do most shit :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Now when Mythic has said a defenite NO to ever put petspam in Mid they are forced to do something about this. By saying no to mid petspam they automaticly put alot of more work fixing this in their hands.

And they must do it without nerfing animists or theurgists!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like there is a concensus here!:)

Puppet said:
No no no. Im saying EXACTLY what I said. I said Hibs *DO* show-up to help. I also think you overestimate this pet-spammage thing abit. On the first few ML-raids we didnt really have animists to help out on ML10. It requires ML9+ to enter ML10 and guess what... almost nobody did ML's on his animist because it wasnt an RvR-character at all.

Now; how long is it; 1,5 year after TOA-launch we finally have enough animists to do this kind of raid; and now ofcourse we use this tactic :p

Our last FFA ML10 raid could been done without animists; there where over 60 people in the BG; and loads of people came to help who already had ML10-credit; just to *HELP* (and obviously get a shot on the loot).

And Belomar; the QQ more Mids-comment was mostly added to piss off the Yanks on VNBoards who whine about their nerfed warlocks; nothing more fun then pissing em off once in a while ;)

Obviously its easier to do ML10 on Hibernia then on Midgard; everyone knows that. But saying 'hey all u need is 6 animists and u good to go' is way-too-easy saying. It takes more effort to find 6 animists who are able to enter ML10 and a matching time where they all can make it then organize a FFA-raid where atleast 40 peeps will come (+more who join in once the location of the portal is known). The Celestial-compas-quest added in 1.74 will make it alot easier to organize ML10-raids tho; also for Midgard :)

Anyhow; partially to show-off; partially to give people a better impression of the damage and the speed I made a better movie of a full ML10 raid with 1FG - this time in good quality and you can actually see damage-numbers of shrooms (and lafjtaps!)

http://www.novator.se/daoc/Movies/ML10-Fullraid.avi

35 Mb - 8 minutes - requires XViD-codec to watch properly.

Thanks to Mani/Grymligast/xxManiacxx for hosting; mirror-host @ RPGFilms upcoming

And the taunt @ the end is put in because we all know its gonna come on VNBoards accompanied with whines :D

Well apparently there is a concensus here. Its just a matter of HOW big the impact is overall through out the entire realm is.

I do think hibs have a very strong feeling of helping eachother out. This is shown in their high degree of dedication to the realm in rvr etc too. But I also think that mids isnt far behind. Mids do the exact same thing...they show up in mass with what ever is needed to try to help out, but nothing they can bring will make as big a diffrance as bringing a petspammer...

But what you must take into consideration here is the overall phsycological effect on mids since TOA release. When every ml every artiencounter is easier in the 2 other realms. I agree that, from the beginning there wasnt much of an advantage...but now the huge difference is starting to show badly and the effects of this is pouring out too all other aspects of the game. (rvr, other pve etc))

Every day I see hib/alb players trying mid out, only to give up. It might be after a week or it might be after a month but so far all that I have met have given up on mid. I have still to meet a person changing to mid since NF that has stuck with it and now gotten his mls and full toa done. But I have several friends that have gone to hib and gotten it done.:/

But...whining about it is abit stale...I prefere to see the good side of the problem, 'What doesnt kill you makes you stronger'! And I do think that having such a hard time getting toa done in mid brings the midgardians closer together.

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Correct...and actually sum sms could solve this...

Old.Ilum said:
i dont mind mid pve rly, shaman+summ sm can do most shit :p

This is very correct...

And sum sms that are ml9-10 can solve alot of mids pve problems. BUT...the problem with that is that there is no other use for a sum sm what so ever. If sum sms got a valid use in RvR through added utilities etc then it could actually be used to help up pve in mid.

The problem atm though is that since its basically a no use char that has to be decent rr, ml9 atleast, and decent eq and has no other use than farming some specific mobs there just isnt any of them around...(well not enough to help the situation anyway)

The best solution from the beginning would probably have been to just not count pets from any 1 caster as more than just that 1 attacker, no matter how many the pets/attacks were. (Since albs/hibs already has gotten a huge lead on mids concerning TOA)

But since that isnt possible now the best solution at this point must be to make mids be able to do the same thing. Be it through petspamming or some other brilliant solution (which apparently are on the way since Mythic has said that they will find another way to make mids pve easier. I just hope they stay true to that.)

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom