Girley presents?

T

Tilda

I'm a little puzzled.
A lady friend of mine wants perfume for christmas.
How do I choose this, just go into a shop and smell?
Anything you recomend? :p

Tilda

J

Jonaldo

Easiest thing is to ask the lady behind the counter what is popular. She'll tell you an expensive popular item but expensive is always good for presents right? :)

B

Belsameth

it's quite personal.
you could sneakily try and find out what her favorite is :)

B

Brynn

Break into her house and have a snoop.
Failing that - ask her mates what smells pretty

Z

Ziva

What kind of type is she?

I mean, sporty, romantic, stylish.. stuff like that. Some perfumes are designed for certain types of people. I'm sure the shoplady can help you with that however :)

Good luck!

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Make your own brand of perfume. Its easy and most people like gifts with a personal touch.

Plus you get to give it a cool name instead of the crap that most designers come up with. ~rolls eyes~

T

throdgrain

Just nuy summat expensive, say £40 plus.
All wil be well :)

D

Damini

Perfume is quite difficult really. My friend wore this perfume, and it smelt beautiful on her. I went to the shop and tried on the same one...

On her it smelt light, elegant, sexy... I smelt EXACTLY like cabbage patch kids used to smell, which is all very good if I want five year olds playing with my hair and putting me in nappies, but it wasn't really what I was aiming for. Very disappointing. You're best finding out what perfume she likes, as perfumes are very subjective.

Can't go too far wrong with jewelery though. People that like gold mostly tend to like silver too, people that like silver mostly as a general rule won't wear gold. A simple necklace and a pendant is dead easy, about the same price or cheaper than perfume, and is a nice gift.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Ziva
What kind of type is she?

I mean, sporty, romantic, stylish.. stuff like that. Some perfumes are designed for certain types of people. I'm sure the shoplady can help you with that however :)

Good luck!

Hmm, romantic, not that sporty but quite stylish. She's from quite a upper class family if that helps? :D
Is it worth getting her along to choose something she likes or..?

Thanks for your help.

X

Xtro 2.0

A bottle of Hai Karate should do the trick.

Oh and I always thought you were a lassie Tilda, which is probably why I shot you a lot in Planetside.

O

old.m0000

tilda, best thing to do IMO is grab a friend whos a girl (not the lady in question ofc) and get them to come with you to some perfume shop (boots? debenhams?) and she'll know what to do.

I had the same problem when i was like 13, not having been perfume shopping before ever - and this was the answer for me.

oh and good luck :D

E

ECA

You always get sucked in by the ladyboys Xtro?

*shakin dat ass*

A

Ala

(Brand) Givenchy (Flavor) Amarige :)

'Tis lovely and floral...light..not too old lady smelling. Can't go wrong :)

X

xane

Why can't you just ask her what she wants ?

No, sorry, that was too bleeding obvious.

Forget it.

D

doh_boy

I'm fairly picky when it comes to perfume, most that women wear send me into a coughing fit. One that I liked was (I think) this. Apologies for the box and stuff, looks tacky as hell.

W

Wij

Our lass likes Happiness as a light fragrance and anything by Chanel in the evening if that helps.

God, I can't believe I remember. I aer teh gh3y :(

J

Jonaldo

Alternatively get her 'Footballs greatest gaffs and own goals - presented by Rory McGrath' video. Always goes down a treat ;)

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by Tilda
Hmm, romantic, not that sporty but quite stylish. She's from quite a upper class family if that helps? :D
Is it worth getting her along to choose something she likes or..?

Thanks for your help.

Ok, stylish huh... well then maybe the basic one from Dolce&Gabbana or Cashmir Chopard (very sweet scent and waaaay to expensive)

O

old.yaruar

Scent is a very personal thing to a lady (and some of us blokes too, I only wear a couple of different scents, CK1 and JPG le male for anyone buying), most know what they like (whether it suits them of not)

Best bet would be to use some espionage and go shopping with her, happen to go itno boots, etc and see what she looks for, tests.....

Or as people have said, ask, you can be subtle and maybe ask her what that lovely smell she was wearing the last time you saw her out was.....

M

maxi--

Hit that shit brah!

If you go into department stores or something, they have TRAINED TECHNICIANS for ths kind of thing, but if shes loaded, the new fragrance from Armando wont go down well, fo shiz.

Unless she's not shallow.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by maxi--
Hit that shit brah!

If you go into department stores or something, they have TRAIEND TECHNICIANS for ths kind of thing, but if shes loaded, the new fragrance from Armando wont go down well, fo shiz.

:twak:

X

xane

Originally posted by Wij
Our lass likes Happiness as a light fragrance

Hamlet Cigars are actually branded "Happiness" now.

B

BrassMonkey

As a general rule (with some exceptions no doubt) i'd say that the bigger the bottle for the price the shitter the perfume.

So if it comes in a big fuck off bucket, avoid.

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Chanel No.5?

But, i have no clue. :p

Thats a grannys perfume now.

Something like Deep red or the new Jlo perfume

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by Damini
On her it smelt light, elegant, sexy... I smelt EXACTLY like cabbage patch kids used to smell, which is all very good if I want five year olds playing with my hair and putting me in nappies, but it wasn't really what I was aiming for.

LOL :clap: That made me laugh, you're not a ... a writer are you?

M

Mellow-

Oh and as for buying perfume, harass one of the store women. Just say you want something smelly and expensive. :)

C

Conchabar

buy a perfune u would enjoy smelling when near her imho

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Belsameth
it's quite personal.
you could sneakily try and find out what her favorite is :)

This is so true!!!!!!

Buying perfume is a dangerous thing...if you buy the wrong thing it will be remembered for years to come...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
Oh and I always thought you were a lassie Tilda, which is probably why I shot you a lot in Planetside.

Hehe... that one made Tiggr and me laugh. :D

tigger.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom