gimp scout

tvez

Fledgling Freddie
Well i got a scout lvl 48 atm have just been trying out emain and odins (keep takes/zerg and solo) but it seems as i get owned by sb's all the time :kissit: .. I don't do more then 300dmg but dont know if thats due to my low lvl and rr.... i got no BB but alot of ppl say thats the problem but how much different can it make?

My spec:
LB 48 (going for 50)
Shield 42 (slam)
Thrust 12
Stealth 32 (but rest of spec points is going here so should be 37 later i think)

2L1
Ra: Aug dex2 falcons eye 2 and 3 spare points....

Equip:
Got a nice 99% af 102 armor sc'ed after a nice template (too long to put here)
Mp heavy longbow sc'ed and enchanted aswell.

Any1 can help me or is it just some realy uber scouts that do 500+ dmg? even my 50 necro hit hibs :twak: harder then my scout...

----------------------------------------------
/Tvez - scout 48
/tve - necro 50
/Nazgol - pally 30+

All proud DT member :cheers:

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
my scout is lvl 50 with 50 lb 20 thrust 34 stealth 42 shield and it depends on enemie...but i have a cap on 1013 without buffs on crit shot...and i took TS the First i did to stand a change against sb´s/ns´s then i´m going for FA and Dodger!!!!

But my average dmg is about 500+ on Crit...but it all Comes to resist and stuff on the Target u Shoot

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Without buffs, do not play rvr.
Opponents are allways buffed, and you will die without even standing a small chance.
Lvl 50 buffs really are a minimum, because the opponent will have them also.
Then you need some decent ra's to beat an sb, like purge and ip.
Buffed I shoot for around 400hp against an SB, used to be around 500 with str relics, but somehow they vanished from our relic keep.
TS is only nice when you have a group nearby, solo the sb's will just run, away, or towards you and gank you silly. Hunter will just sprint, set pet on you, and when pet is eating you, kill you with their 50 spear.
Rangers will just melee you to death, ns will maybe let you go cause you cannot touch them anyway, but most likely will kill you.
Only thing scouts can do well is leech of fights. So get used to that being your main rp source.
Get good sc gear, get an mp bow, 45 bow skill gives me around 1050 cap (without my rr's).
That is pretty much the sad state of solo scout rvr at the moment.
Regards, Glottis

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
you really do need buffs to be affective in RVR

37 stealth is a bit high if u ask me... means that at rr3 you willl have 50 stealth and any xtra points u gain through rr will be wasted..

I am 34 +13 atm... as long as you amke sure you have camo up when passing through choke points like the AMG and choose ur routes from the APK-AMG right it isnt that much of a problem....

I got FA 1st and have a 50% chance of surviving a assaasins attack now... even if i just use it till i land slam and run

with 45lb my crit cap is 1025 using a 99% qual heavy longbow.. with a bit more dex from aug dex and a mp bow i should be able to raise that

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Only thing scouts can do well is leech of fights. So get used to that being your main rp source.

you really dont have a clue do you?

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Archer classes is by far my favorite RVR class'es... Why? Because of their great tactical possibilities... Theres nothing as fun, as playing a archer well... And btw... I once onehitted Sculptor (or what that cabby's nick is spelled), for 1035 dmg... Muhahaha ... That was ofc. with a full ENC. druid, but what a rush, not possible to get the same feeling with another class!!!

So keep on lvl'ing and eventualy pl uself a cleric bb, then you should be set!

Gl mate.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with some of the comments from Glottis. It is really sad to say this but without buffs you are nothing more than cannon fodder. If you havent got a Buffbot try and get one. Should that not be possible find a friendly cleric who will buff you. (If you see Grisham at atk in emain or odin's send me a tell and ill buff you some)

Should you not get buffs, i would suggest you get in a stealther grp. If thats not possible i would stay away from known stealther routes like the MG's.

tvez

Fledgling Freddie
cheers lad's helped alot....
will get the last 2 lvls and then get a BB. But the buffs only hold 10 mins right? u going back to atk every 10 mins?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
The scout is very tactical, perhaps one of the most tactical classes in daoc.. The key is placement, knowing your limits and when to pull out and relocate.. Sure, anyone can stealth up and kill someone with the bow once, that takes no tactics or skill, the skill is to survive for a long time..

Prerequisite is a buffbot though. :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
tvez said:
cheers lad's helped alot....
will get the last 2 lvls and then get a BB. But the buffs only hold 10 mins right? u going back to atk every 10 mins?
nope.. only resist and heal proc r on 10 min timer, the other stay to u zone, die or log (both u or bb) :D

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
nope.. only resist and heal proc r on 10 min timer, the other stay to u zone, die or log (both u or bb) :D

Yes a BB is needed, 40+ atleast.

The best overall spec i would say is the old one

45 bow, 42 shield, 29 slash, rest stealth.

It gives 2 decent styles slam and amethyst(riposte) to figth sbs with, the option to slam shot, or just melee. Backed up with IP and purge you can do well against most sbs.
Bow damage will be just about same as with 50 bow, buffed its good enough.
Stealth will be good enough to start with too

This should give you a decent chance against many sbs at rr4 or so.

Its important to know which targets to hit with each arrows, mid stealthers
with slash-arrows, hib stealthers with crush-arrows. When i play i have 3 top
spaces in inv with 1 of each type to switch.

If facing a ns forget melee, only chance is slam crit or slam run.
Facing hunters or rangers its a bit about what they got and what u got, if
ur ip is up then maybe you can win, maybe not. Its hard to tell.

About playstyle, well you wont get groups, which basically means you
have to find solo enemies or to join in big fights.

To join in big fights some would call leeching, but its the same persons who
would run you down with a fg anytime if they could just find you. The same
persons who has no problem running down every solo nonstealth alb in emain
with 2 fgs, and they do it 100's of times each day. They are just hypocrits, so shot away.

Did i point out that passive ra's to start with are pointless, you need IP and purge to have a chance against most targets. Its the same that every sb buy purge to be able to fight of df. After that you can chose among
ts, volley and passives, whatever fit your playstyle the best. Be warned about passives, as they state they increase something a small value at incresing cost, which is what they DO. Keeping passives spread out in a sensibel way simply gives you more power for less rp.

One of the most praised ra's for a scout is dodger, but buffed up quick is capped, which means those 4 points to access dodger is unimportant.
Also evade is 1/2 against dw'ers which you will face most, so with dodger 2
you will have increased your evade by 3 % for a cost of 8 rp's. 3 % more
evade or maybe ts, your choice.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Well i got a scout lvl 48 atm have just been trying out emain and odins (keep takes/zerg and solo) but it seems as i get owned by sb's all the time

Same here :p but im 50, rr5, 50LB, 45thrust, 34 stealth and 12 shield.

Slam was good 4 running away or if any help was arround 2 kill the enemy, but hey :( why always ive 2 run away like a chicken and not them?

with 45 thrust Purge and IP im able 2 surviev a meeting with a sb now (thb just sometimes :). NS dont have any problems. Free Rp's for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom