Gimp days are over

H

Hadess

Minstrel get a hp buffer song in 1.60b. Who isnt useble in combat. I have to use drum for it. (I cant speed,mez or melee with the song going)

I feel sooo much better now :/

G

Garaen

doh i read it wrong, i thought it was just a HP buff much like a cleric gives you

O

old.Iunliten

at least your stun got upped with 0.5 seconds after all resists and determinations are taken into account :)

W

<Wels>

New minstrel spec 50instr 43 stealth, or just 50 instr and save the rest for fun!

G

Garaen

If i get my hands on a respec stone ill go 50 Inst 43 Slash i just dont use my stealth enough and when i do i usually get detected if i go close to an enemy. :(

D

Danya

I still have a full respec available, assuming they actually give us a non-lame skill I might respec to take advantange of it. :p

M

-mk-

i'll respec to cabbie with speedbot :eek:

j/k

but tbh i'm very dissapointed with the patch. i rolled a rogue, not a freaking songbot.

M

Meatballs

they decreased the end usage of shouts, which is a properly big fix for minstrels/skalds. What exactly do you want to do with your minstrel?

M

-mk-

erm....

what do you think? :m00:
we can't stand toe to toe with ANY class in the game unless it's at least green con or we have purge, IP, and some other assorted RAs. even then a cloth caster would probably send us straight back to the bindstone. stealthing is almost useless since even a lvl 24 assassin with 8 RAPts will spot us at clipping range. our shouts do about 100 pts of damage each, even if i'd be able to shout 12 times until oop i would hardly kill anyone. and even then it would take 1.5 minutes..... i think you'll get the point. (in fact i do more dmg with my sabre than with my shouts, considering the low melee table we're on it's kinda poor result for our shouts)

when the game was released a minstrel was indeed a rogue, fast, able to sneak up to or away from a foe and above all we were able to kill stuff :clap:

EDIT: oh and you can't tell me the new song is a 'good' addition to the class or even 'overpowered'. 60 points damage reduction every 6 seconds is next to nothing when the enemy tank hits you for 700 a hit or even the generic red mob double-hits you for 380+380. even the standard af buff creates the same dmg reduction, not to speak of pally heal/af chant...
and as it is now the health buffer doesn't absorb magic damage, the No. 1 RvR damage type.

right, the rant is over, feel free to flame

Jeswyn aka Speedgimp of Prydwen server, 46.35th season and not rising until i get the rogue back i rolled in the first place

[edit²] they decreased mana usage, endurance usage remains the same[/edit²]

M

Meatballs

Playing a lvl50 minstrel I can keel, many 50 classes, I also have the unique ability of being able to avoid combat with nearly all things that will kill me. Stealth isn't as bad as everyone makes out. Would be nice if base chance to block with unspecced shield was increased a lot more. Decrease ae mezz to 4 secs.

Minstrels are an amazing group support class, but everyone plays them as if they should be killing every lvl50 they come across :( If you can step back a few before running in with shield and sword out, you can mezz those 2 people making a beeline for your cleric, stun the one going for the caster, then take em out with support. Flute mezz is an amazing tool and fun as well :)

"- Significantly reduced the cost of offensive shouts to be comparable to other classes. " sorry I read thought that meant endurance cost. End usage needs to be reduced for minstrel shouts, and resists are ott for everyone who casts spells atm.

I agree health buffer spell really doesn't have much use for the minstrel, maybe as a chant it would have been ok, but playing the drums all you can do is shout, at least for say bards, you can throw heals and mezzes around as well.

But I think in the end all minstrels want to be much more damaging in melee, rather than have more utility and group benefits, and I don't think thats going to happen to a great extent.

G

Garaen

Originally posted by Meatballs
Playing a lvl50 minstrel I can keel, many 50 classes

Is this with or without a buffbot? With a buffbot i can kill alot of classes also, but without i am a poor soloer.

I am quite happy with the patch, as it stands now when i fight someone i lose 80% of the time purply because i am oom and ooe, now with the reduction i should be able to kill alot more :)

H

Hadess

I can kill like all if im buffboted... Maybe not a high rr buffboted tank but anyway...
After respeccing stealth out and with spellcrafted gear a minstrels life is much more fun. But that dont mean we dont need more ;)
Mythic realised it too.. to bad they were dumb enough to give us another useless spell. Or maybe that was their intension.

U

umilard

I'm a minstrel, i take down level 50 people solo, and i don't have a buffbot.. Sure, i don't win every single fight but still..

I'm a thrustspec with 44instrument/35thrust/34stealth, and i mostly fight mids.. I win most encounters with skalds (due to me getting the jump almost every time). I win alot vs thanes aswell, warriors are normally too hard unless they have crap resists and/or don't have ip/fa2.

A skald/thane with as much ras and good equipment is hard tho, but then, i have stealth, i can choose to fight them.

If a unbuffed sb miss pa i normally win, if they land it i normally loose. hunters are normally very close and fun battles aswell.

I win most of my encounters vs casters, if they don't use MoC they are normally dead tho.

tbh, the _only_ class i hesitate before jumping is a zerker, they kick my ass unless i have a pet. If i have a pet i solo every class, might not win every single fight, but most of them.

It will get harder when more people get their scsuits, but i think i will manage anyways.

H

Hadess

Originally posted by umilard

A skald/thane with as much ras and good equipment is hard tho, but then, i have stealth, i can choose to fight them.

That is the 2 easiest classes (of tanks/hybrids) to fight though..

J

Jenna.

ofcourse they are, they are mids you know ~~

G

Goryk

I'm only 45 and kill enough level 50 classes to make me think that I'll be fine soloing in 5 levels time. Enemy caster classes are actually quite easy assuming I don't get too many resists (which are the only problem I have with them atm with my level) and with pets nearby, rogue and healer classes are ok (hopefully won't need the epts at elvel 50 for these :)). Only problem with tanks is my pets usually kill me before they kill them :p I currently have 45 inst/31 slash/19 stealth heading for 45/34/34. The only reason for 45 is often duo with a scout or inf, and it's not too difficult to get aemezz off from stealth vs a group of 2 or 3. Even if it often only lasts for 15 seconds after resists, it's enough to take a couple of weak enemies down, but every second counts :p Been uncovered only a handful of times really and then, the annoying thing isn't that I'm getting uncovered, but that interupt code is preventing me from mezzing the enemy after I stun, and thats getting 'fixed' so I'm happy.

The most annoying time was getting uncovered by an fg in crauchon after being spotted by a nightshade who was rr2. Amusingly, I got away with SoS, but the inf with me got a taste of what see hidden is really like :p At least I'm happy that this nightshade has gimped himself just so he can uncover the occasional scout/minstrel which he isn't even guaranteed to kill, when he could have several levels of dodger and the like already :p

Egg - Forever Bluecon Minstrel - RR3L6

Users who are viewing this thread