Gigs

W

whipped

Went to see Feeder at Wembly last night. Great gig, missed most of Auqalung :( and The Cooper Temple Clause were all out of time and looked pretty much all pissed, but Feeder were bloody excellent.

So, anyone else been to any good gigs recently. TDC, you went to see Radiohead, didn't you?

And before any says anything, I know this should probably go in the Music forum ;)

E

evilmonkeh

havnt been to any recently, but in a mere 9 days time i shall be seeing metallica at earls court!
i hopes they aint too pissed:)

W

whipped

Going to this gig last night has got me back into live sets in quite a big way. So if anyone knows of any good bands touring next year then let us know. Especially if it's Pearl Jam! Can't believe I missed their London gigs due to the Flu :(

T

Testin da Cable

aye mate, I've been to Radiohead in the Gelredome. 4tehwin!!!1
Shovel's also been in Manchester (?) iirc, he also found it a brilliant show. Earlier this year I've been to Jaya the Cat, but nobody has ever heard of them :)

C

caLLous

Not recent, but the last gig I went to was J5 in The Anson Rooms.

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
Shovel's also been in Manchester (?) iirc, he also found it a brilliant show.
Yes, it was in Manchester. I should know, i was there with him. And yes, it was fantastic :D

L

leggy

Last gig I went to was Incubus at the SECC in Glasgow. Two January's ago :(

That's nearly 2 years ffs.

I missed on tickets to see the flaming lips in Edinburgh recently. Which pissed me off greatly.

B

Brynn

Im going to see [spunge] In Febuary in Kef/Lava in Aberdeen. Anyone heard of them?

D

Damini

Recently saw the Toasters and the Peacocks, which were both great gigs.

H

hoggsboss

went to see the strokes at the ally pally on saturday, was one of the best gigs i have been to in a long time.

hearing reptilia while the whole room was lit up with white strobing was probably the highlight for me although all the songs sounded so much better live.

S

Shocko

I'm going to see Turbonegro on Saturday. With my sister :D

S

Swift^

Saw Machine Head at the Astoria on the 28th Nov... was ace...

DnB awards were attended on Saturday night, too. :D

G

GDW

Went to see Iron Maiden last week in Dublin........ah the old days

M

mookie

muse were *amazing* at the MEN, elbow were delightful, but kenesis sucked wij.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by mookie
And I bet he didn't even notice! ;)

Am going to see Athlete in January but I'm not actually a great fan, I like about two and a half of their songs so we'll see how it goes.

K

Kempo

went to see biffy clyro at the reading rooms in dundee last weekend really really amazing, they have so got to make it big sometime soon, also went to gig on teh green in the summer which was amazing, 2 hours of queens of the stone age, followed by 2 hours of foo fighters, followed by 2 hors of red hot chili peppers... fucking fantastic :)

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by mookie

I was there too and yep it was one of the best gigs I've been to for a while. I thought elbow whilst good were not the ideal support band for muse and I did get a bit bored by the end tbh (more impatience for muse to come on than them being shit). Yeah Kinesis were utter bollocks.

The prices at the MEN are a fucking joke btw.

I went to see Radiohead at same venue not long since (same gig as shovel).

I went to see Flaming Molly tonight but left early as I was too knackered and they were pretty wank tbh.

Saw Killing Joke in October at Sheffield Leadmill (v impressed even though I'm biased) and Sex Gang Children last week (bollocks) at Sheffield Corporation.

Best gig I've been to in the last 10 years is Fugazi in Manchester a year back.

A

Aoami

Saw The Coral in Portsmouth at the end of last month, it was very good. So were the 2 support acts - Hokum Clones and The Bees.

O

old.UKTwister

Yep Muse at the M.E.N was the best gig of life so far. It was worth 18quid just to see matt's piano with its flashy lights :)

I have to say though it was slightly marred but the fucking over-violent pushing crowd, which was worse than most rock gigs.

Elbow were shit, but it was quite funny when he said "you've been the best audience ever!" after several bottle throws later.

Kinesis were alright, but had the cheek to play a part of plug in baby. There jumping was reminiscent of busted!

M

maxi--

I saw Belle&Sebastian in Norwich on tuesday, they were great, got some reall unexpected treats.

Franz Ferdinand were support, and I reckon, if you like DEVO, XTC and general new wavey ness with organs and shit, you should check them out, really good bouncy fun.

Also saw Belle & Sebastian last on Friday 5th of Dec, in London Astoria, ruined by annoying ****s behind me, who talked through out, rather obnoxiously and loud, so we could all hear how clever they were. Reminds me of something that does.

Going to see The Fall+Mcklusky in feburary, at the barfly...awesome..awesome...hopefully.

and then further on there's www.atpfestival.com All Tomorrows Parties, week 2, what a fucking lineup!

F

Furr

Originally posted by Kempo
went to see biffy clyro at the reading rooms in dundee last weekend

biffy clyro for the win!
amazing band , im suprised they havnt made it big so far , can only be a matter of time but hopefully they wont become so big as to affect the music.

T

Tom

I've been to 3 concerts in my life (not including work-related), my friend has been to over 20.

Guess who has tinnitus, and who doesn't.

S

(Shovel)

Saw Tom McRae at Manchesters Life Cafe Wednesday before last. Songs about killing, suicide and the end of the world, delivered by the most hilariously black humoured musician I've come across so far.

"This song started off as a love song. It was going well, then about 2/3rds the way through it ended up being about the end of the world... not quite sure how that happened..."

And:

"This is a song about killing. We're toured europe, and get a lot of stick for the war. Every night it was 'Sorry, it's not our fault..' but we'd dedicate this song to our great, heroic leader, Tony Blair.
The thing is, when you spend about 3 months thinking about someone every night, and come home to find he's had a heart mumur you think fuck... (comedy pause).. two more gigs and we could have the ****."

You kinda have to be there, but the man is magnificent, and his voice is truely outstanding, one of, if not the best I've ever heard. Stark and ghostly, it's glorious - seeing him in such a small venue was class too.

-- That's a pretty big plug, but then, he is brilliant, go buy his records. Now.

W

Will

Originally posted by whipped
And before any says anything, I know this should probably go in the Music forum ;)
Muahahahahahaha.

Ahem, cary on.

G

Gef

Seen Idlewild, Gomez, Insane Clown posse (I was dragged!) and the Levellers fairly recently. Gomez were by far the best, the whole room stank of weed during that one..

Going to see Primal Scream and Brand New in January, should be good.

J

jehu

I've been to waaaay too many gigs to remember them all, but off the top of my head the best ones were:

Trans Am with The Fucking Champs at the Masque, in Liverpool;
Fugazi in Manchester;
Rye Coalition with Golden at the Casbah, San Diego;
Hot Snakes at The Scene, San Diego;
Kerosene 454 with Bluetip at The Star and Garter, Manchester
At the Drive-In at The Star and Garter (where there were like 20 people, if that)
Giddy Motors, again at The Star and Garter

There's probably a shit load more that I'll be kicking myself tomorrow for not remembering.

Users who are viewing this thread