Gifv Html

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Why cant we html, is <B>So</B> much easier and nicer to work with !!
And image Sigs :p :flame:

Will

/bin/su
Elcain said:
Why cant we html, is <B>So</B> much easier and nicer to work with !!
And image Sigs :p :flame:
HTML is an easy way to do nasty things to other people's PCs, and it isn't any easier than vB script. < and > need the shift key, [ and ] don't. Easy peasy.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
HTML is an easy way to do nasty things to other people's PCs, and it isn't any easier than vB script. < and > need the shift key, [ and ] don't. Easy peasy.

Maybe we can have a little html !!
[ might beeasier in that < but i always use the shift Key, you get use to it !!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
No point at all. BB code on all boards was invented to get around the inherent security/page layout fuckup risks of HTML. There's no benefit at all to using <b> rather than .

Or is there something legit that you want to do with HTML that you can't with BBc? If so, vB3 has the easy ability to add new tags (as was done with the [spolier] tag) so you could instead ask politely for a specific tag to be created.

Image sigs have been discussed elsewhere. The final agreed apon proposal was that if it was possible to do, it would be added as an "Opt-In" setting to your profile settings, along with the other signiture controls. However, I never heard back on how the testing went.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
No point at all. BB code on all boards was invented to get around the inherent security/page layout fuckup risks of HTML. There's no benefit at all to using <b> rather than .

Or is there something legit that you want to do with HTML that you can't with BBc? If so, vB3 has the easy ability to add new tags (as was done with the [spolier] tag) so you could instead ask politely for a specific tag to be created.

Image sigs have been discussed elsewhere. The final agreed apon proposal was that if it was possible to do, it would be added as an "Opt-In" setting to your profile settings, along with the other signiture controls. However, I never heard back on how the testing went.

Good news about the Sig :p
but i still like html
Can you use the #ooccff stuff for colors etc?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
1) With sigs: You will need to chase up the thread in question, since it was up in the air last time I checked.

2) Just because you like HTML doesn't make it remotely applicable to forums. And as for colours, I haven't foggiest (note the petition to have [color] removed..). Since all it does is convert the [] into the equivilent HTML, I imagine you could enter hex codes, try it and see. Not here.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
1) With sigs: You will need to chase up the thread in question, since it was up in the air last time I checked.

2) Just because you like HTML doesn't make it remotely applicable to forums. And as for colours, I haven't foggiest (note the petition to have [color] removed..). Since all it does is convert the [] into the equivilent HTML, I imagine you could enter hex codes, try it and see. Not here.

looks like the Hex codes work :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh god no. Remove colour and font changing abilities. No to HTML and no to image sigs.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
Oh god no. Remove colour and font changing abilities. No to HTML and no to image sigs.

No i like the fonts
And i like img sigs :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thankfull that you dont seem to represent the majority then.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Elcain said:
looks like the Hex codes work :p
Oooh, so colour hasn't been disabled?

- Fonts: break up the appearence of the forum for the wose. It's unpleasant reading posts and the screwing up your eyes while when someone decides to use a different one (is that Comix Sans Eclain? If so, your argument's credibility is, as they say, -1).

And again, you're going on about image sigs in the wrong place. There is a thread. I advised that you look that up and give support to that, but you seem to be content blathering in this thread instead, so it wont get anything changed. Additionally, the use of the 'word' gifv probably wont help your chances either. Best to let this one die and support the existing debates eh?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Forums are all about discussion, not about virtual appearance. If you want html and all that other shite, then you really can't have much to say in the first place.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
HTML is never going to happen, and colour/fonts definately need to go.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Forums are all about discussion, not about virtual appearance. If you want html and all that other shite, then you really can't have much to say in the first place.

Tried to have a pink sig and all.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
Oooh, so colour hasn't been disabled?

It did, he just got that post in before it actually happened (as you quote him 'hex' doesnt show up in different colours anymore).
And Im for removing fonts, its really irritating to see different fonts pop up and I dont see a reason why they should be here.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Fonts I don't mind. Colours though can be annoying if they're abused.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Deadmanwalking said:
Tried to have a pink sig and all.

And I'm totally gutted that I can no longer have it. Thats why I posted a thread about it, innit.

:touch:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno why some people on this forum have to moan about every little thing. If something that people might enjoy isn't being changed then they just ain't happy it seems. :\

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dillinja said:
Dunno why some people on this forum have to moan about every little thing. If something that people might enjoy isn't being changed then they just ain't happy it seems. :\
Actually if someone hadn't started this thread the stuff that's recently been turned off would most likely have been left alone. If you draw Deebs attention to it, he'll whack it with his cunting stick.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, I was about to moan about colours and fonts, and Will did. This thread made no difference.

You have it all wrong Dillinja, people are moaning because they are shit features that genuinly make the boards harder to read.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I really didn't see the problem with the reputation system though. If people didn't like it then they could disable it and ignore it. I just thought it was a laugh even when people were giving me bad rep.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Fonts and colours being turned off would be a good thing.

HTML being turned on a bad thing.

Hell, I'd be happy enough if the smilies were turned off.

Readability > all.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Arindra said:
Fonts and colours being turned off would be a good thing.

HTML being turned on a bad thing.

Hell, I'd be happy enough if the smilies were turned off.

Readability > all.

This man should be knighted in real life (not daoc).

Users who are viewing this thread