Giant Thundercunt Setting Us Up To Fail

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I presume you're referring to their spokesman, who apparently hasn't insulated his own home.

Which is fine, because from what I understand the property doesn't belong to him, it belongs to a housing association. Not that "journalist" and thief Richard Partridge cares.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Love the disagree @Embattle. Are you able to show effective political protest that doesn't inconvenience anywhere that actually bore fruit?

Please lay out what you think they have achieved, except for a load of people thinking they are a set of dickheads?

Every day folk are leaning towards their goals, but they also just want to get to work and not sit in their car for hours. The government couldn't give a flying fuck if the M25 is blocked for a few hours, it makes absolutely no difference to anyone, except those that just want to get to work, or wherever they are going.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Please lay out what you think they have achieved, except for a load of people thinking they are a set of dickheads?

Every day folk are leaning towards their goals, but they also just want to get to work and not sit in their car for hours. The government couldn't give a flying fuck if the M25 is blocked for a few hours, it makes absolutely no difference to anyone, except those that just want to get to work, or wherever they are going.
They DO give a fuck if it looks like the M25 is going to get blocked regularly by different pressure groups protesting for different things. Which is exactly what is happening - and the reason they are legislating.

Boo fucking hoo people can't get to work. Tough shit. They're part of the problem if they have an issue with protestors protesting about environmental inaction.

They're protesting for the government to insulate homes. The stuff scientists have been bleating on about for decades. Insulate homes. And the government hasn't even done that. - and people are whining at them.

They didn't go straight to the M25 and start sitting down. They'll have been campaigning through other means for a long time. And getting ignored.

Fucking people off starts fights. The government can't ignore fights. They can't have chaos on the streets. So they're legislating and criminalising - rather than just fucking INSULATING HOMES. Which is the thing they *have* to do anyway to fix this problem.

So boo fucking hoo if people don't like being inconvenienced. If that's their focus then they're morons, IMO.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nonsense.

You don't change people's mind by calling them thick, and you don't make people join your cause by making them late for work.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's not just people trying to get to work they were "inconveniencing".

Being left paralysed because some idiots are sitting on the motorway because they want to sell more cavity wall insulation is a bit more than an "inconvenience" tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All modern buildings have to be insulated to meet building regs, a lot of old buildings cannot be insulated because they don't have cavities. I don't even know what they are whining about.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You don't change people's mind by calling them thick, and you don't make people join your cause by making them late for work.
I don't think they give a fuck if anyone "joins their cause". They probably look at the moaners like I do - part of the problem.

They're out to cause trouble. Peaceful trouble, but still trouble. Because trouble forces people to look at things. And if they cause enough problem the government will have to do something about it.

They don't need mass buy in either. Let the moaners moan. Their whining about it actually helps them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not just people trying to get to work they were "inconveniencing".
That's a shame. But in a world of millions of people, that sort of stuff was always going to happen when protests start happening.

Instead of whining at the protesters - why not look at why the government hasn't started a massive programme of insulation 20 years ago when the scientists started clamouring for it?

The reason legislation is coming is because the government can see what's coming - increased level of protests and more inconvenient protests. And quite rightly so. Because the government is doing fuck all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, it doesn't. I think if we take anything away from the disaster that has been the last 10 years, that ignoring people and shouting over them doesn't work.

You can dismiss people as "part of the problem" all you like, it's not going to change their minds, neither is making them late for work.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can dismiss people as "part of the problem" all you like, it's not going to change their minds, neither is making them late for work.
It doesn't need to change their minds. It needs the government to realise it's costing us more in inconvenience (blocking up the capital by extinction rebellion for example costs a fucking lot of money) - then it does to do the necessary work.

Smaller groups of dedicated people can bring about change. Mass participation is not always necessary - or even effective (look at Iraq).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah, that memorable group, what did they stand for again? (no googling challenge) what change did they force? What changed after they smashed up a bunch of shops?

Embattle

FH is my second home
All modern buildings have to be insulated to meet building regs, a lot of old buildings cannot be insulated because they don't have cavities. I don't even know what they are whining about.

Technically cavities make it easier but not having them doesn't make it impossible but just more costly and problematic.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My house is 400 years old, and the walls are at least half a metre thick of solid sandstone, except for a Victorian extension. I'm not filling any of that in :)

It's a lot of bollocks, you can't retrofit most buildings without a huge amount of expensive and, on balance, ecologically damaging work, which probably negates any benefits and any new build is insulated anyway. They are barking up the wrong tree.

The only people they are inconveniencing are people on the M25 commuter belt, who already live in insulated houses. They are an abject joke.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You may well facepalm, @Scouse pew pew facepalm. But the reality is, a load of middle class crusties sitting on a road is not going to change anyone's mind. Mostly because they are targeting the wrong people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
a load of middle class crusties sitting on a road is not going to change anyone's mind
You keep saying that. Like it matters, or something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What use is it, though? It may well make a good twitter post, but what use does it do.

Please use examples.

Syri

FH is my second home
OK, just a quick question to think about. Before the M25 blockages, had you heard of insulate Britain? No? But now they've got on the news, you have.... Funny how much more awareness people have when they do something that lands them on the news... Of course, some people are going to say the usual "inconveniencing others" "not targeting the right people" stuff, but some people will have actually sat up and taken note of them, far more than if they'd gathered at speaker's corner waving banners.
I'm not saying it's the best way to go about protesting, or even a good way, but when you've got a government so determined not to listen to sensible and reasonable suggestions when something really needs to be done, it shouldn't be a surprise that it comes to this.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most people hadn't heard of them, now most that have, think they are useless fannies.

Progress!

If you want to fuck with the government, then you fuck with government. March on Downing Street, as in walk past, by force, the barricades, not sit in a road stopping people from getting to work.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you want to fuck with the government, then you fuck with government. March on Downing Street, as in walk past, by force, the barricades, not sit in a road stopping people from getting to work.
Lol. That just gives them something nice to watch if they're in the office.

The way to force the government to do shit is to stop stuff working.

Like the M25.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For an hour or two, oh noes.
Not much inconvenience then eh? Why not follow the argument instead of acting in a way that indicates a need to be spoon fed - when I know you're following it fine.

Lots of smaller protests are becoming inconvenient. The government IS doing something about it - it's taking away our right to protest. The effect that is happening is predictable though, governments are, as we all know, largely made up of dumb cunts - much like all of society. So instead of doing the right thing, they're doing the predictable thing.

When it gets as far as fisticuffs it'll be too late. But it'll probably get there at some point.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So, all this trouble to annoy people for an hour or two, meanwhile, I doubt it even came up in an email with government. So a complete waste of time.

Yeah, good going. Making changes! They will go back to marketing once their gap year is over.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There were some quite vicious protests near me against fracking a few years back. There were extremely annoying protests up in Lancashire too, around Preston way. Groups of protestors blocking lorries by walking at 0.1mph in the road (not illegal).

The government stopped all fracking a couple of years back. They claimed it was due to new scientific advice, but don't tell me that those protests didn't have a major impact on that decision.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There were some quite vicious protests near me against fracking a few years back. There were extremely annoying protests up in Lancashire too, around Preston way. Groups of protestors blocking lorries by walking at 0.1mph in the road (not illegal).

The government stopped all fracking a couple of years back. They claimed it was due to new scientific advice, but don't tell me that those protests didn't have a major impact on that decision.
Yep. If it looks like it's going to kick off physically, that at least makes governments think, even if they don't act.

If we wanted to stop the Iraq war then we should have trashed london and stayed there until the government got the message. Because it was so incredibly peaceful and short term it was ignorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom