Giant Rat seen near Hug....

O

Old Nicodemus

Last night (19th of June) I was helping someone out near Hug with a quest. As we headed towards the Bloodfelag camp on the hill behind Hug we stopped in sheer amazement at what ran past us!

A Giant Rat the size of an Elephant!

I kid you not. This thing was huge, anyway we followed it for a bit but it dissapeared (well don't ask me how something that size can simply just vanish!).

As we stood and chatted about it a swarm of rats ran past. Unfortunately some stopped to say hi, now they all conned grey to me but when I hit them I did no damage. My companion was not so lucky. He was taking heavy damage from these rats. Eventually we managed to get out of the area and leave the rats behind a little battered but still alive.

So be wary of the Giant Rat in Hug! If anyone else sees it let me know.

I swear I've never smoked that evil Hibbie Weed! No sir, never touched it!

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 Winters

M

~Mobius~

this has been spotted few times

its like the kracken near nalliten just a very rare spawn...

i hear it causes quite a bit of lag to

what did the actualy giant rat con to you?

cause i spent ages looking for it but no luck :(

is it up the hill near hugin where the camps and sveawolves roam about?

F

Fafnir

Hmmmmm...

Sounds like the big lemur a old guild mate of mine saw in ruamark. Dunno but perhaps..

M

~Mobius~

raumarik is in/near hugin so perhaps just a glitch?

F

Fafnir

:)

Not the first time there has been lag ghosts out running, was chasing an alb all over yggdra when i noticed it was only a lag ghost...

O

old.Gromnir

it is the giant lemur and her younglings, and for some reason they go hunting outside raum to. Then they come you'll see a msg in blue like with the dragon going on her flight once a day. Never seen them myself, but a friend of mine was in the frist group that got over run by the Lemur in the retail.

M

~Mobius~

hehe i was running from grallerhorn to hmg and all the way i noticed far to my right side a windswept Wrath

it was weird as i hadnt seen one before there and it seemed to follow me...

and them things in spindel walk thru walls, thats stupid :p

O

Old Nicodemus

Yep it's up the hill near the camp and sveawolves. I didn't get a con on it, but it's young all conned grey. Couldn't hit the pesky things at all. I'm over 40 and do no damage!?!?!?! WTF!

They were quite happily munching on my companion though!

I don't think it was a glitch......

O

old.Noita

Hi Nic

It stopped for a little chat outside Vindsaul Faste while we were gathering for a small stroll in parts most foreign. I do believe I have a screenie or two if you want one :) Mostly of level 45+s standing round going....cool...wow...big rat...and the raid organisers going Oi can we forget about the big fucking mouse and go now?

Anyway it was the first time Id seen it too and it brought a wee smile to my face :)

If you want a copy of the screenie I took give me a PM game time and Ill email you one.

Lets hunt soon Nic!

Noita Helsdottir
Spiritmaster of 42 Winters
Amazon

O

Old Nicodemus

Hi Noita!

I'll pm you next time I'm on as I'd love to have a picture of this elephantine vermin! :)

Btw thanks for the info last night. I had been running around those damn lakes for over an hour! I'm sure that when I passed the same group for about the 20th time they were laughing at me!

Oh well at least I'll be fit for the Midgard Marathon.......

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 winters

O

old.Kelmon

You can damage them.. just not with weapons, as they're immune to physical attacks. Nuke them! ;)

O

Old Nicodemus

LOL! No you can't nuke them either!

I tried, it kept saying 0 damage. :eek:

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 winters

M

~Mobius~

Yep thats the blighter,

what lvl was you then?

M

Marcus75

I dunno if I´m just lucky but I've seen this rat AND Kraken.

The rat ran past me VERY close when I was around lvl16-17 and didn't aggro on me. This was near those tents above Huginfell to the right of the buildings and towers on the hill.

When I encountered Kraken I was on a horse but he was walking over the bone bridge outside Nalliten close to the Cursed Tomb.

Sorry to say that both these conned purple to me as I was below lvl20 when I spotted them.

K

klavrynd

And he hits really hard. When I ran into him he conned yellow to me and got me down to 5% before i killed him

O

old.Maester

I ran in to the younglings once at the Bloodfelag camp W of Hugin... they were quite many, never seen so many mobs at the same time I think =). They ran straight by me on both sides. Two rows of them.

O

old.Hellskor

lemur.jpg

We baited it during an Alb attack to Vindsaul ... stopped quite some of the defending Mids ;)

Users who are viewing this thread