Ghost stories

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
To coincide with the fact that the Sixth Sense was on telly this week, has anyone got any good GHOST story films to recommend - as in, no gore allowed just spooky goings on. Something I could let my 11 yr old daughter watch without turning her into a sociopath?

Some good spooky films I can think of include:

The Haunted (NOT the Catherine Zeta Jones one - the Aiden Quinn one)
Field of Dreams
The Frighteners
The Others
Blair Witch (still thinking about letting her see that one)

Any others?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lester. All those films pale in comparison to this. Dead Of Night beats all those films into the ground.

Also, if you buy that DVD the other film is a fantastic peice of film-making. Wonderfully shot. Brilliant lighting.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh, and The Innocents is supposed to be the better film which The Others wanted to be. Taped it last night. Will report once viewed :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
What about Casper? Y'know, the one with Christina Ricci.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Maybe Salems Lot, I was about Lauras age when I first watched that, it scarred me :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Definatley watch Field of dreams, but 11 year old for Blair Witch! Definatley its one heap if junk!

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
The Eye is a good 'un.

Dark Water is supposed to be a decent haunted house movie too, but I haven't seen that so can't vouch for it -

Sort of depends whether or not you like foreign movies really :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Thinking about it, there's no gore in either of those movies (dark water i couldn't say for sure like), they're Japanese/Chinese and real shit yer pants films, not sure if an eleven year old would appreciate it :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
FuzzyLogic said:
The Eye is a good 'un.

Dark Water is supposed to be a decent haunted house movie too, but I haven't seen that so can't vouch for it -

Sort of depends whether or not you like foreign movies really :)

Not 11 year old material those imo :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Pirates of the Caribbean
Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters II
Ghost

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ichi The Killer is ok for 11 year olds.

:/

leggy

Probably Scottish
I hear Sociopathy is genetic anyway. So your daughters pretty much fucked which ever way you look at it.

On a lighter note. I thought the frighteners rocked when I first saw it. Strange considering it starred MJ Fox well after his career had turned to shit. (It did pick up again though)

Damini

Part of the furniture
I bought Ghosts and Witches of Olde England on DVD to try and do some research for my book - http://www.ldtv.co.uk/acatalog/Index_Ghosts_10.html half way down the page.

It is so appalling I've only been able to watch the first three minutes. It looks like it was made by hyperactive toddlers given a camera and a budget of fifty pence. Theres creepy music playing, whilst they show someone writing but in reverse (phear the power of playing the action backwards!) and then.... They impose a painting of a face over a picture of.... A BED! A FOUR POSTER BED! The horror. Then a man comes on, and he walks really clumsily through a graveyard, and talks in an amatuer dramatics voice about "Midnight... the time when you call feel hell's breath closest to your soul!"

Heh, having said all this I hope Tom didn't help make it...

leggy

Probably Scottish
I actually hope Tom did help make it. It'll stop him whining about how good a cameraman he is :D

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Lester said:
To coincide with the fact that the Sixth Sense was on telly this week, has anyone got any good GHOST story films to recommend - as in, no gore allowed just spooky goings on. Something I could let my 11 yr old daughter watch without turning her into a sociopath?

Some good spooky films I can think of include:

The Haunted (NOT the Catherine Zeta Jones one - the Aiden Quinn one)
Field of Dreams
The Frighteners
The Others
Blair Witch (still thinking about letting her see that one)

Any others?

The Frighteners is gory as fuck dude! I wouldn't let an 11 year old watch that. One of my favourite films though.

Tell you what she would enjoy though - you can get the BBC's Ghostwatch on DVD - that rocks.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Salems Lot is one of the spookiest and brilliant films of all time .. I dont know what the the rest of ye fuckheads are on about .. in all fairness some of the titles ye have posted are utter bullshit .. what about "The Exorcist", " The Ring", " Suspiria ", " The Hunger", " The Texas Chain Saw Massacre", " The Reflecting Skin" and anything by David Cronenberg, now there are some spooky films ! .... but dont know if I would let an 11 year old watch any of them :p

Whipped

Part of the furniture
It might be bit to much for an 11 year old, but Flatliners scared the crap outta me when I was about 14 (I think). Not one to watch if you have a phobia of death.

Or Jesus Christ : Vampire Hunter. Not so much scary as funny. Sorry, no use this one, but I like to mention it every now and again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom