Ghost Recon Wildlands

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Trying the closed beta at the moment, it's actually really fun (shocker for an Ubisoft game) recommended.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got a closed beta invite too. Big download .?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have 3 beta invites left if anyone wants one, just leave a message here with your Uplay account - first come first served

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Im installed. Not played it yet. Hopefully tomorrow as i just completed uncharted 3

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Seems alright...

Very Far-cry though...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its like Far Cry crossed with Just Cause crossed with GTA V

Gwadien

It's funny how bugged it is though.

Yeah yeah, closed beta etc.

I was with a try-hard group of dudes, did a few missions try-harding then I thought OK let's do some testing.

I picked up one of those TV van things and drove onto a mission running everyone over, they didn't even detect me.

try hards got mad :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'd imagine once you ramp the difficulty up to max the AI will be more responsive, on Normal the AI is abysmal.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's funny how bugged it is though.

Yeah yeah, closed beta etc.

I was with a try-hard group of dudes, did a few missions try-harding then I thought OK let's do some testing.

I picked up one of those TV van things and drove onto a mission running everyone over, they didn't even detect me.

try hards got mad :(
Did that in a solo game with the first car. Drove in and let my npc take everyone out hehe

Gwadien

Yeah, after playing a bit more with some people, it kinda gets repetitive and a bit boring.

It suffers from Far Cry syndrome; go there, do a very similar thing you've done else where, needs a VERY strong story line to make it more interesting to be honest.

I want to be surprised, but I think the difference between the restricted game we see now, and the full game will just be more of the same on a massive scale tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think you are right. Will be take thistown. This outpost rinse and repeat. Not as ground breaking as the guy in the intro video makes out

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All the difficulty seems to do is make you take more damage if you get shot, the enemies are still retarded and completely blind. They don't always seem all that bothered that the dude they are chatting to gets shot in the face half the time either. Sniping feels OK and the assault rifles are fun.

The map is absolutely huge...filled with the exact same things over and over.

It looks good though...er yeah.

It's Farcry but all serious with no story line. The camps are exactly the same, shoot alarms, snipe soldiers, rinse and repeat.

The squad needs to fuck off in single player, absolutely useless.

I wouldn't bother with it until its £10 or something.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There was a 4.6gig patch today that fixed a load of stuff.

Also, there is a 4v4 mode and rumours of a survival/dayz like mode incoming.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not noticed many changes after the patch...The enemies are still largely dumb, as are squad members.

There does appear to be more of the (can't remember their name) purple dudes just casually driving by just as you commence an assault on a base. So you either abandon your assault or die, very annoying. The green dudes need to fuck off too, I don't want their barge in and ruin everything style of help.

19 hours now, its still "OK" - decided to pick up some of the top level weapons as I doubt I will finish it, trekked for well over 30 minutes by car to pick up the best sniper rifle and really quite enjoyed the base it is in (its a mine) was seat of the pants stuff at times in tunnels, falling back, pushing forward etc. Quite odd to see an enemy guard just stood next to a team mate and both obviously oblivious to each other.

It needs extensive patching/development before it can be considered good, feels like they had a vision but cut it back drastically for release/cash in.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, Farcry had the drug missions, which were epic by anyone's standards. Charging about the place tripped out of your nuts beats having to throw a grenade at yourself because the "police (purple dudes)" just spawned 2 choppers and 20 gunmen and you can't be arsed with continuing the assault and you just want to restart...due to them refusing to put in a restart mission option...so you have to wait for the "3 retards" to get around to rezzing you before you can blow yourself up and die twice to restart.

Last edited:

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Found this game ok but pales compared to the in some ways similar Horizons

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Played it a bit more over the weekend, the more I play the more I think they rushed to finish. Some of the infiltration stuff is great fun with the little drone, synchronised sniping (when it actually works) is a nice touch, sneaking about etc. Flying a chopper into a base in assault mode is a blast and feels assaulty.

Just the AI, Jesus, the more you play the more holes appear, you notice you just abuse it rather than try and be tactical because being tactical makes absolutely no difference to the outcome of a mission and can actually be a hindrance, especially when 30 mins of prepping/sneaking about a base for a mission can just get shat on by a random Unidad patrol seeing you from half a mile away and barrelling in.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Played it a bit more over the weekend, the more I play the more I think they rushed to finish.
Its the same with so many games today. Some not even playable at release, so you have to wait 1 hour - 1 week sometimes sadly more for patching.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Up to level 13 now. Really not had a problem with unidad turning up when i am killing the druggies.

Only time i fought unidad was when i had to get info from their base.

Good game. Side missions are split into five types so ofcourse they can get a bit repetative. But thats ok. The story missions other than just intel are great.

Having fun :).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Completed it. 64 hours just over. Nice game and didnt get bored playing it. All i have played this month so far. Great game. Dont know if to splash for the dlc. Will play something else while i think about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom