Ghost Recon Community Game

M

Mesmer

We will be starting a weekly Ghost Recon community game. The intended day is every Wednesday starting at 7pm in our IRC channel #game.gr. This can be accessed by clicking on this link - webchat. The first game is proposed for Weds 7th May, and the games should be finished in time for the BF1942 - Desert Combat games that start at 9pm.

The aim of meeting early is so we can decide on a game type, sort teams, help out with problems and get to know our fellow subscribers...

Please make sure you are patched to the version 1.4 along with the Desert Seige expansion pack. Ghost Recon is a peer to peer game (ie it does not require a dedicated server), so all players must be patched to the same version. The patches can be fetched from our ftp service by visiting the GAME.NET file server

Note that you must install v1.3 and then v1.4. You cannot just install v1.4 without v1.3 being installed first.

Depending on how many players turn up, we'd like to run both a co-op and a team deathmatch game. Co-op is where all players on the server help each other to beat computer opponents on a mission. Team deathmatch is where the players are split into 2 teams and do battle against each other. Co-op is a great way for new players to learn the game, and team DM is for the more experienced players.

Looking forward to seeing you - should be a fun evening :)

Comments, map and game type suggestions etc welcome.

C

Clowneh!

i really dunno if i can be bothered to install GR again :(
i think i've seen all it has to offer

T

Trebz

I'll be there, ready to make those suicidal dashes into enemy territory!

M

Mesmer

In preparation for the game tomorrow, we've done a maps list page. This should help us pick maps based on numbers and game type preferences.

We've not tried all the missions from the new Island Thunder expansion pack, but we're working on it :)

You can find the Ghost Recon maps list here.

M

Mesmer

lo Wij :)

u gonna join us for a game tomorrow then?

M

Mesmer

Quick note for anyone playing behind a firewall - you will need to open the following ports in order to be able to join a game...

TCP/UDP ports 2300-2400 - DirectPlay 4
TCP port 47624 - DirectPlay 4
UDP port 6073 - DirectPlay 8
UDP port 9110 - DirectPlay 8

Those are all the ports that DirectPlay requires. Ghost Recon will not use all of them, but other peer to peer games will so it is worth opening them all.

T

Trix^Ra2

:) cool game but....

Why Not ravenshield as it ownz j000 ass :)

Tx

M

Mesmer

Don't forget there's another Ghost Recon night tomorrow at 7pm. We'll be having a prize draw for all those who participate, with a copy of Operation Flashpoint up for grabs to the winner. Good luck :clap:

M

mandrill

I may be there, I may not. I haven't decided yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom