GG albs yet again for the ruination of irvr

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
well... yes admittedly people do get zerged alot in irvr but its still fun regardless i find plenty of solo fights.. much more than when all the keeps are normal infact ;/ albs always have to be the ones to ruin it tho

if keeps are retaken the same groups are gonna camp bridges, ruining solo rvr even more. let people enjoy their irvr and solo at crau or beno - much more fun nowadays.

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
The main problem with iRvR in Midgard, is that when Albs have Nottmoor, as all action is generally centric to wherever Albs have port (this is true in iRvR as a whole I find); the fights become situated up and down Bledmeer-Notmoor in a seesaw-esque fashion of zerg, ad infinitum. It is the scenery that makes it hard to enjoy a different niche, obviously I have chosen iRvR for the critical mass of players. I don't want to fight all of them at once; I'd like to find groups of players of similar sizes to whatever I am running with.
In the current situation (Albs: Nottmoor, Hibs: Blendrake) every man and his dog is moving toward the Albs, there is no escaping the bottleneck between Bledmeer and Nottmoor either, short of going behind the hills toward Glenlock and coming back on yourself anyway. Add to this that you're unlikely to find any groups of your size, it makes for a time wasting journey. RP farming becomes repetitive and stale very quickly for myself (and many more I am sure), the 'entertainment' from the last few days has usually resulted in a logging off after about 5 runs out of sheer boredom.
Note that it is mainly the frontier that is affecting this; when Albs have Blendrake, Mids tend to run down from Glenlock for action, but the action is a lot more diverse as you can take the option of going toward Bledmeer etc.

Insta-RvR can be enjoyable, it can also be extremely frustrating and boring.
Given the state of which the game (RvR) is being played in recently, if insta-ports are removed from Mid (probably at 5am :p) they will more than likely enter HW or Emain very soon. I think the reason Hibs cut the ports in Emain is that they were tired of the scenery there and fancied a change (yes, the people who can't stand it in their frontier were there to help). The same thing is probably happening in Mid atm, and tbh, I'll be happy once the situation changes - it is boring (for me).
Now, you can't expect anything like this (possible reasons, my line of thought - it is no way what everyone is thinking, please appreciate this) to happen without some sort of siege. Perhaps a pre-emptive strike from the Albs (largest population, therefore largest amount of siege-lovers?) to rid the action from this frontier, as Mids think "omg noes, relic raid!" and take all ports away; or it could be the siege-lovers doing what they enjoy most in this game, and what a better place to do it than in the most populated area? It is logical to realise that players who enjoy this type of RvR would prefer to do it under the hardest circumstances, that is a challenge for them. You cannot deny this to those who wish to participate in it, even within this zeitgeist iRvR.
Remove risk and you remove the fun for a lot of people, and this applies to a lot of the game; solo RvR for example. Let sieges go ahead and take it as part of the game, you can always defend or retake the tower. I understand it can be annoying, especially when it feels someone has ruined something for you, whom at that particular time were enjoying yourself. Not everyone; however, enjoys the same things, for example I am not currently enjoying RvR in the Midgard frontiers but feel forced to go there to try and find something.
Vodkafairy said:
if keeps are retaken the same groups are gonna camp bridges, ruining solo rvr even more. let people enjoy their irvr and solo at crau or beno - much more fun nowadays.
In the general sense this could be true, no insta-port = boat to destination; wait for a response and eventually get zerged. Soloers can always solo at the 'dead' areas for their needs, I do it myself when I play my Infil and anyone with half a brain can work out it is where their type of action will be. I agree it can be fun nowadays, but to say the current situation is fun is somewhat limiting to say the least, so I will have to disagree atm.
Everybody should view this game as a whole, it is the main problem we have with 8v8-do-not-add groups whining about adds (please do not turn this thread off-topic) that they only care for themselves. This is natural of course, but it is obviously more fun and convenient if everyone can accept people have different wants/needs (yes, the 8v8-do-not-add niche have their own needs too, but this is currently under discussion in other threads) and the circumstances within the game will change. After all, isn't this why a lot of people still play? Spontaneity is the best thing in the end-game for DAoC, the current situation with the insta-port setup in Midgard is not providing this for me. :) Eventually the 'mass' will grow bored of the setup too and the environment will change and allow for more options, this is good.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
please albs take rest of mid keeps and make mids go pve mode for another 6 mounths ore so.;) irvr sucks :puke:

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
that might be true if u play stealther but think ive only had 1 solo fight in 2 weeks ore something,and i havent even grouped.where ever i go retarded stealthers kick my liddul ass :( mostly albs tho, a few nights ago i had 7 stealthers jumping me outside beno :p and i bet its the same for other realms to tbh, since the mid stealth zerg are pretty much the same .and take boat for 5 minuts to diffrent places and still get fucked up by either stealthers ore fgs is kinda zz.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
omg, me and my group got bored of walzing back and forth between nott and bled bridge and descided to shoot a bled tower to bits in an effort to break the deadlock...

pff

i for one was glad to be able to do something else for a few hours.

and i was soo hoping the mids would try and zerg that tower back and have a bit of good old fashion tower siege :/

X

xGenocidex

Muylaetrix said:
omg, me and my group got bored of walzing back and forth between nott and bled bridge and descided to shoot a bled tower to bits in an effort to break the deadlock...

pff

i for one was glad to be able to do something else for a few hours.

and i was soo hoping the mids would try and zerg that tower back and have a bit of good old fashion tower siege :/

When i seen the trebs go up i thought it would be kagato tbh :p even called him rather insulting names in group.. poor kagato ;<

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
it's all the alb zerg's fault of course, not the hibs' fault that run 2-3 fg on stick including various high realm rank grps(hi ec xd), or the mids fault that insta add on anything w.o remorse

bloody fun tho, to have mids add on a fight and run in awe to bledmeer with sos and phaseshifts and stuff used, at least, show the decency of giving away your rps (hi crypto xdd)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ging said:
its ok i logged!

my charity inv tonight was inspired, rr2l8, in pure rogs (not an arti to be seen), even better he couldnt get on TS!! Im so proud :)

Other then the RR it sounds just like you :p

Now i had my morning dig at Gingy to wake up I get onto what was gonna say.

Irvr sucks alot of the time but it is such easy rp. 20k/hr from trying to 8vs8 and having to kill the mid zerg to get down towards where all that style of fighting was. Normally came out to being the following:

Leave Notts.
See Mid Zerg standing there with alb zarg standing just out of range
Curse at shitty lag
go down to the side of mid zerg
Attack mid zerg
Kill mid zerg and watch them go running to tower
Head towards hib keep
Have a couple of 8vs8
Die
Repeat all the above.

That said, was some lovely fights in the hibby area with it being free of zerg. Lots or ranger/ns adds but in general got some nice clean fights. Was a horrid group out for us though. We ran a pure caster group (2clerics 6casters :p ) because that was who was on and meeting groups with 3+tanks was hurting us alot. SoS, then charge + bl spamming was harsh :(

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
a chance to gain an advantage over enemy territory in a move to eventually grab the relics! (and piss mids off in the process ^^)

<shrug> :england:

PS: I had no part in this move, plz dont hate me :p

I hate u when u play ur theug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fluffle:

kivik

Part of the furniture
lpep said:
wasnt adding when i was duo with another sb...

Right, zerging then.

lpep said:
couldnt hack mid

w-hat?

lpep said:
so u gone easy mode.. very fotm :p

Indeed, RR1 meleerangers are very easymode. You should play the class before you open your mouth, smartass.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
When i seen the trebs go up i thought it would be kagato tbh :p even called him rather insulting names in group.. poor kagato ;<

:twak: I was exping my valkyrie actually ! Im innocent :(

Though just for that I might get some trebs out tonight :flame:

Euke

Fledgling Freddie
imho irvr its funny when u AREN'T in ur own land.. whatever when mids take berk its so fun for me, but when albs take nott its boring!

the same happens to the other realms i think

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Insta rvr in mid might suck for mini grps and soloers compared to hib for example but for fgs its GREAT! Keep running down that valley along the midgard coast towards the hib keep getting some great fg v fg fights there ..lots of people not adding ..big thanks for that also :D

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
lpep said:
tbh hate insta rvr its shit with all the fg 's running around adding on everything and anything... mid need to retake the keeps and kick them back to thier own lands.... cant see it happening ofc....ports broken lots will log and leave the albs to pve the guards at bled ....
But all your doing is facing a diff direction when Albs have Nottmoor m8:) Soon as Notts gone you`ll be bcak roaming Bled >Brynja and back:)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
toxii said:
it's all the alb zerg's fault of course, not the hibs' fault that run 2-3 fg on stick including various high realm rank grps(hi ec xd), or the mids fault that insta add on anything w.o remorse

bloody fun tho, to have mids add on a fight and run in awe to bledmeer with sos and phaseshifts and stuff used, at least, show the decency of giving away your rps (hi crypto xdd)

Didn't see 2-3 fgs of hibs on stick (at least Monday and Wed when my group ran), in fact we had some good 8 vs 8 and apart 1 add on Monday (Brite group but we kicked em right after so all good and dandy xD) and we got gangbanged by 2 fgs albs, i see more and more fgs respecting fair fights going.

pip

Banned
Can you expect any thing more of alb/hibs?

:england: :england: :england: :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom