T

Teh Krypt

Ok I have:

2ghz Amd
256mb ram
gf4 ti2400

I have directx 9 (tried 8.1 too)
I have latest drivers.

When I run daoc, it plays the actual character for like 20 secs. Then freezes and I have to restart..

When I insert a magazine cd, and go to different things (like demo/system/multimedia ect) It freezes and needs a restart..

Help.. please.. :D

ps.. using windows 98.

Edit: Thats daoc SI btw, havnt tried it on daoc classic.
Edit2: I tried it with daoc classic. Still froze.

D

Deadmanwalking

Hmm 98 :p

All latest updates for it?
And Direct 9 for a non direct 9 card is shit so dont even consider it =/

iirc from my days on 98 a few weeks ago :p 98 HATES Direct 9 i had nothing but problems. U got any other OS u can try?

T

Teh Krypt

8.1 wont work either :p

Anyhow, seems the cd I had wasnt the latest detonator.. got latest and have rederation failed :) .. just after the select server screen.

T

Teh Krypt

Ok, this must have something to do with it.. when I install the latest gfx driver I get:

Setup was unable to delete the following file:
nvqtwk.dll

The installatin will be terminated.

T

Teh Krypt

Also, on startup

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NvCpl.dll

A dynamic link library (dll) initialisation routine failed.

D

Deadmanwalking

got the latest dets from www.nvidia.com i take it?

Right operating system version?
And are u installing them using the wizard or manually?

T

Teh Krypt

Wizard.

Right os version? I'll goto windows update now if thats what you mean..

D

darbey

K Going back to my dark days in game support for Novalogic , There could be a couple of reasons why this is happening . The nvcpl.dll is a file used for video settings listed in the Control Panel, as a Dynamic Link Library. i.e. If it creates an icon in Control Panel (or maybe even systray?) then it uses this file. Problems occur if you are using a 3rd party tool to tweak your video settings etc for example tweakui. If u are remove them however this wont repair the nvcpl file so in a nutshell you are going to have to reinstall your video drivers.
A big problem with 98 is when installing the video drivers if you are replacing drivers it doesnt overwrite many of the old files and will just install the files that are updated, therefore often leaving in place the old damaged driver. You will need to uninstall all the old drivers using the control panel uninstall. To make sure u can look in the windows\system folder for any that might be left over and manually delete any reference to them in your case nvidia (almost all begin nv) however if u r not sure about one just leave it.. Reboot your machine so it starts in the windows default video setting then install your new drivers and this should rectify your problem. Hope it helps.

T

Teh Krypt

I used detonator destoryer..

I reinstalled my drivers and now have no error message.

But.. when I run SI my comp crashs :)

Its fine getting to char select screen ect, then when it has loaded it crashs.

T

Teh Krypt

*sigh*

Tryed a tweaking tool..

"Detonator drivers or compatible are not installed on your system"

so drivers from nivida.com are not compatible? :(

D

darbey

Did u completely uninstall your old drivers rather than reinstall?
Personally i wouldnt use any 3rd party tweak utilities they tend to cause more problems. The detonator drivers have always been very stable so i dont think its that thats causing the problem.

D

Deadmanwalking

Download the latest dets from nvidia.com and then right click on the file and extract it to a folder .. called nvidia lets say. Should have loads of files in that folder.

Now add/remove programs in control panel and remove nvidia programs that should be there.

Restart comp

When windows reboots it should detect a VGA device and ask for the drivers. When it does that specify the location ur self and point it at the folder where u extracted the nvidia files. It should come up with a .inf file or somesuch use that and then from the list pick ur gfx card. Install

Should sort ur probs try that.

Users who are viewing this thread