GF wants to play :)

M

Molten Lava

At last!!! after 4 months of fighting with my purp+++ gf I actually got her to play the game....this is what I had to do for it...:

Swap my pentium 900Mhz, 512Mb, Gforce2 for a
Pentium 2,2Ghz, 1ghz, 128mb gforce4 (so she could use my old PC)

Buy a router so we could both use the 8megabit ADSL line

Bought here a version of the game...

But now she doesn't know how to play...she wants me to lvl her Elf ("I wanna be an Elf..they are so sweeeeet" :) but I just want her to play for herself so I can lvl my chars....

The question: where can I find a very very very easy Daoc-beginners-guide for people who are only used to play PS1 and PS2 games like Mortal Combat and like to learn the game but never played any RPG whatsoever.....?

Pls help me...the only chance to rescue my relationship :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Powerlevelling replaces roses and chocolates.

D

Damini

Originally posted by Molten Lava
But now she doesn't know how to play...she wants me to lvl her Elf ("I wanna be an Elf..they are so sweeeeet" :) but I just want her to play for herself so I can lvl my chars....

Pls help me...the only chance to rescue my relationship :)

Maybe you'd have a better chance of saving your relationship if you helped her level, rather than just being glad she was out of your way and rushing back to DAoC on your own?

Call me strange but...

I

ivan_tribbiani

Just help her level and learn for gods sake man, or are you affraid shell be better than you at some point ?

M

Molten Lava

Lol

Its not that bad is you might think...we dont have fights at all :) thing I wanted to make clear that I need a beginners guide for her...helped her a bit with the Elf...but as you can see I play Albion :) so will be hard to powerlvl her....all the things I tell about the game are hard to rememeber (especially when you are not used to playing games like Daoc/mmorpg) So I just wanted a paper guide that I can give her so that she can look up things...in stead asking me all the time so I dont have time to play my chars :)

A

Alrindel

What class is she? And which server, Excalibur or Prydwen?

M

Molten Lava

and...

And the situation now is....I play..sh watches me play...ok you learn alot that way...but if you NEVER starts to hit the buttons yourself you'll never learn the game...right?

O

old.Tohtori

And on the next JErry Springer show...

"Men who don't powerlevel their GF's"

:p

M

Molten Lava

She plays

She plays Eld on Pryd now...just to learn...as soon as she gets her own version of the game, she'll play Excal....

D

Damini

I always find those guides are far too intimidating for a first time user. They're so anal. What I did for my boyfriend when I introduced him to UO was write him a little list of things that he would need to know just to start off.

When you are injured, sit down to rest and recover (press c to sit down)

The colour scheme lets you know what level people are to you - greys are an easy target, etc..

You can sell items you pick up to a merchant.

Maybe take the time to scrawl up a little list like that, and then at least that will help through the basics, until you know enough to actually start chewing on the guides.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Then after a commercial we will have a 'Threesome in Emain' or a 'Elf vs Troll romantic story' following up, stay tuned for more action ......public : Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry

M

Molten Lava

Thanks

Thanks Damini,...thats a good idea...I'll just write her my own little guide....1 problem....I have been playing the game for 4 months now...so Im affraid I take things for granted that a newby wouldnt take for granted....so maybe a combi of newby-guides and my own info would be nice....

F

Flimgoblin

The biggest problem my gf has with the game is aggro monsters I find :) reacting to a bandit or whatever suddenly jumping on top of you is damned hard at first...

(and results in much death and upset)

She really doesn't like those bandits...

M

Molten Lava

Damini

Cool RL name of my GF is XXXXX :)

Edited on demand :)

W

wolvon fury

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
And on the next JErry Springer show...

"Men who don't powerlevel their GF's"

:p

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry,Jerry!!

I

ivan_tribbiani

Re: Damini

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Cool RL name of my GF is XXXXX :)

Dammit edit the name out of here and PM it :)

W

wolvon fury

Bah, My girlFriend dosent seem to like RPG's, she loves fps,
Whoops my ass at them when we play a Lan.

Wish she just give DAoC a chance <sign> be much more fun if she played:D

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Completely OT, but I've just been up to the Edinburgh Festival - there's a show running at the moment:

Jerry Springer - The Opera

It's a full operatic production based on the Jerry Springer show, and very funny. I never thought I'd ever see a chorus line of Ku Klux Clan members tap dancing and singing "Dip me in chocolate, And throw me to the lesbians", but I did :)

D

Danya

Why not just sit her down and get her to play a bit and ask you stuff as she has problems, also you can make suggestions if you see something she is doing wrong / isn't doing. You won't get to play, but it'd help her out.

O

old.Tohtori

Think of this scenario.

You're a kobbo playing a hunter in midgard.

Now there's your GF, bored, waiting for you to stop playing and giving her some QT.

She, after a while, decides to try the game, loves it, especially hibernia and you get a new computer, game, connection, and so on...allready having spent a good two months pay for it.

Now you both are in RvR, real fun fun! Hehee..hihiii!

Then you hear "Hey [Jeff] what are you playing?"

You answer "A kobbo, i go by the name [whatnot]"

Now you are a few levels higher then your GF, you meet her in the frontier.

"Oh [Jeff]! I can see you!"

She waves in the game, she's a middie, she's just standing there, easy RP? Can you resist? yes..she's your GF afterall..and then she whacks you for easy RP!

She's giggling at you, smiling, whatnot..being happy as hell for an easy kill(ooh rhymes...)

Now, you meet her again in RvR, again, standing there, easy RP....will you kill her this time? You know she will kill you so...yes!! Die!...then...dead cold silence from the other comp...you know, you ain't getting any tonight :p

I

ivan_tribbiani

Think of this scenario.

You're a kobbo playing a hunter in midgard.

Now there's your GF, bored, waiting for you to stop playing and giving her some QT.

She, after a while, decides to try the game, loves it, especially hibernia and you get a new computer, game, connection, and so on...allready having spent a good two months pay for it.

Now you both are in RvR, real fun fun! Hehee..hihiii!

Then you hear "Hey [Jeff] what are you playing?"

You answer "A kobbo, i go by the name [whatnot]"

Now you are a few levels higher then your GF, you meet her in the frontier.

"Oh [Jeff]! I can see you!"

She waves in the game, she's a middie, she's just standing there, easy RP? Can you resist? yes..she's your GF afterall..and then she whacks you for easy RP!

She's giggling at you, smiling, whatnot..being happy as hell for an easy kill(ooh rhymes...)

Now, you meet her again in RvR, again, standing there, easy RP....will you kill her this time? You know she will kill you so...yes!! Die!...then...dead cold silence from the other comp...you know, you ain't getting any tonight :p

But dont worry you wont be getting any anyways.. since she wont have time for that due to being an addict to the game so there you go... enjoy :)

O

old.Tohtori

So yu're willing to play in hibbie when you're a diehard midgard basher? I dun think so :p

And you know, you KNOW your GF is going to play whatever the hell she wants :D

Then we have the same realm issue.

"Come res me!"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in mularn"

"But you're level 5 just release, no exp loss"

"COME RES ME!!"

"Look, i'm in emain ffs i'm not going to drop everything and come res you when you have a 10 second run back to where you died..."

And again, dead cold silence :D

Or....

"Gimme a few gold."

"What you need?"

"Pink enamel"

"Lol...i'm not going to give you gold for that.."

"........"

And you know you ain't getting any, and sleeping on the couch :p

O

old.Tohtori

I think Ivan and i proved that having a GF who also likes DAoC ain't the best gold nugget in the world afterall :D

I

ivan_tribbiani

I think Ivan and i proved that having a GF who also likes DAoC ain't the best gold nugget in the world afterall :D

You read my mind :D

M

Molten Lava

Scared

Now I'm getting scared.....:) let the GF play with Daoc or let the GF play with ...... :)

S

SFXman

Buy a router so we could both use the 8megabit ADSL line
*GASP* *CHOKE*
EXCUSE ME!?
Omg... must be soooooooooooooooooooooo nice! I mean ADSL AND it is 8mbit... swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Probably cost a million so, darn. Can't even get such ADSL here from a regular non-company-use ISP.
Then again I would doubt it is totally yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom