Getting your EU account up and running!!

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
Okay I have spent a part of the morning figuring this out,

If you have been playing on the US then copy the whole DAoC folder to a new location and d/l: http://darkageofcamelot.com/internat...c-patch-eu.zip then unzip and overwrite the files in the US copied directory, also open up the "update.dat" with a wordpad and delete what is there and replace with:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

Once you have done this go to here https://eu-accounts.eamythic.com/ and enter you GAME user name (They have replaced our old SUBS user/password with the GAME user/password) and login, In here you can change you'r MASTER and GAME passwords to whatever you want to, If your like me and didnt activate before the transition you will not have a button to subscribe.

Also please note that you can change your details so that all of you'r accounts can be aligned to just one email address, Unlike the old GOA system.

This is where I am atm, and when I put the details in that I have set via the method above using the new copied DAoC folder I get "Account Closed" not Invalid details.

So I am assuming at this point its all correct.

I hope this helps you all on what to do!

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
the camelot-europe.com domain belongs to GOA, so unsure if using that patch path/URL is the correct thing to do? Is it still that server after one round of patching?

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
I honestly have no idea, but its loading up the patcher and saying 1.100 and I get the "account closed" which im not gettig on the US version so I can only assume its correct ?!

If anyone knows different please advise

Im just telling everyone what I have done so far

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
the camelot-europe.com domain belongs to GOA, so unsure if using that patch path/URL is the correct thing to do? Is it still that server after one round of patching?

ive got the same update.dat and it works i was on this morning then checked update dat and it still says camalot-europe bla bla bla so worked for me

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
ive got the same update.dat and it works i was on this morning then checked update dat and it still says camalot-europe bla bla bla so worked for me

And what does your patch.cfg say? :)

edit: I bet you could delete the update.dat and it would still work. Mine was last modified in 2005.

Becareful

Fledgling Freddie
Quick question:

So I have a new laptop with no DAOC on whatsoever.
I then (stupidly) downloaded the patch, to no avail.

Should i download the US Client, then redo the patch?
Or put in my (very) old CD's which i used on my old computer to get the EU client, then redo the patch?

Any advice would be great, thanks very much.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
<PatchConfig>
<Config>
<Log path="." prefix="patcher" level="4" />
<ResourceModules>
<Module name="http" />
</ResourceModules>
<PatcherProduct>
<Product name="EAMythic Patcher" description="EAMythic Patcher" prodfile="patcher.prod">
<manifestrepos>
<repo url="http://patch-eu.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/eu/patcher/manifest/" />
</manifestrepos>
</Product>
</PatcherProduct>
<MainProduct>
<Product name="DAoC EU" description="DAoC EU Client" prodfile="daoc-eu.prod">
<manifestrepos>
<repo url="http://patch-eu.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/eu/daoc/manifest/" />
</manifestrepos>
</Product>
</MainProduct>
</Config>
</PatchConfig>

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Quick question:

So I have a new laptop with no DAOC on whatsoever.
I then (stupidly) downloaded the patch, to no avail.

Should i download the US Client, then redo the patch?
Or put in my (very) old CD's which i used on my old computer to get the EU client, then redo the patch?

Any advice would be great, thanks very much.

In theory all you really need is this: http://darkageofcamelot.com/international/goa/daoc-patch-eu.zip
Two files, they will sort the rest. The above URL should be the easiest way to get the correct(?) client when you do not have the game installed at all.

update.dat is most likely obsolete now, you can put in the text OOGAA BOOHOOGAAAH and the game will still patch normally (from Mythic).

Also pretty sure that GOA has put info on their patching servers redirecting the patcher to Mythic instead. I think someone wrote somewhere (one of the companies) that that was the way to sort it.

killerbritt

Fledgling Freddie
What server!

I did get in but when trying to transfer the chars, there was no Ywain server to transfer to! Was only the EU servers there. Any else got it to work?

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I did get in but when trying to transfer the chars, there was no Ywain server to transfer to! Was only the EU servers there. Any else got it to work?

There is no transfer yet. We're playing on old Duvet until further notice. Relax and enjoy the quiet world of 1.100.. get what you need in PvE :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so cant we sub to our EU accounts atm? cos im logged in but theres no option to reactivate

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
so cant we sub to our EU accounts atm? cos im logged in but theres no option to reactivate

From the FAQ:

# Will I be able to resubscribe immediately if I am a returning player?

* At this time there will be a short transition period during which returning players will not be allowed to reactivate their accounts. This is due to the process to transfer information from GOA to Mythic Entertainment. Please check the Herald for updates on how long this period will last and when you will be able to reactivate your account.

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
If there is no difference then how come when I launch my US version and put in my EU account details I get "wrong info" and on the EU modified one I get "account closed"

:s

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
On the login page I get "wrong info" aswell, eventho I am 99% sure they are correct.. What the cock?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Same, its obviously patience until they get it sorted ;/

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
Are you guys just using the US client , or the amnded EU details as I posted above ?

Becasue on the US client my EU stuff is not recognised at all

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
I followed your steps.

Used my USA client, copied everything to new folder.

Replaced the .exe and patch files hosted by mythic for EU versions.

Ran the game. Updated and now I finally can get beyond "cannot access to server login" and I do get an "Account clossed" message instead.

Make sure you have the game closed otherwise you will run into a big headache with problems.

PS: EU account doesn't work on USA client. At this time, at least.

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
Okay perfect!

It seems that the EU and US server clients are still different then, So we need to use the EU client to play Dyvet, I assume this will change when we transfer to Ywain, we would then use the US client to launch the game

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
If there is no difference then how come when I launch my US version and put in my EU account details I get "wrong info" and on the EU modified one I get "account closed"

:s

there is a difference. EU client and US client. I'm just saying that the patch server info is moved to patch.cfg and that update.dat is no longer in use

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I can log in but when i click on excalibur the screen goes black and i get Camelot.exe has encounter a problem and has had to close.

kiniki

Loyal Freddie
Ahh ok Fenderon,

Never got that, thanks for explaining :)

Napshot

Fledgling Freddie
same prop as Influenza.. can login etc select server but then game crashes

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Patching the US version with the file I linked earlier should indeed do the trick. No more can't find login servers. :)

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Hey all.. I hvae seen what u all says we need to do to logon to our EU accounts on the US.. but i need a link to the .zip i need to DL.. since the link there is in this thread has a few ... and doesnt work when i try it!

Can somebody help me here ? :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So if i renew now - it will go over to transfers?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
It would be really nice to have a step by step guide to know what to do for us non PC geeks who havent a clue what the hell were copying etc lol!

Please... pretty please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom