Getting rooms warm

Gray

FH is my second home
'tis the season and all that.

I don't care much about the cold, doesn't really bother me all that much. But i've found those early morning showers are an absolute killer, especially when there is virtually no heating in the bathroom except a small towel-heater which obviously isn't any good.

Last Saturday i did a (risky-ish) test "just because" - Sticking a small electric heater in the bathroom and heating that badboy up, obviously though this is too dangerous due to electrocution, but it was one of those "just wanted to try" moments.

We used to get calor gas the past few years, but the price of those is just unsustainable now, you're talking about £30 per bottle in this area which would only last 2 weeks or so.

The one option i could probably try is using the electric heater for about 30-40mins before shower to heat the bathroom up before then turning it off once the shower commences, that might work maybe.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My parents have a fan heater in their bathroom, mounted high up and far enough away to be safe.

ileks

Part of the furniture
That's a lot of trouble to go to... just get in really quickly :p

Gray

FH is my second home
Surely the shower warms the room?

Seems not! The steam lies. I think the issue as well is, as well as the door its surrounded by windows on each wall, i think that might be playing a part in it as well.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Turn the temperature up on your shower. Many people find a temperature just below painful to be the most pleasant.

If you find that after leaving the shower you begin to get cold; try drying off and putting some clothes on.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Leave the shower on full heat until you get dried. The steam does keep the place warm.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Ours is a real bastard because you have to be underneath it to turn it on. You have to be a fucking ninja to quickly turn the switch and move your arm away to avoid the initial freezing water.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Underfloor heating in our bathroom. It's such a pleasant place to be right now. Mmmmmm....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Heating on 24 x 7 hour now. The thermostat is set to 18 Centrigrade. Much cheaper to keep the house at a constant temperature than from warming up from fucking freezing to comfortable.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You are lying.... :p

I rarely have a purely cold shower but because my family naturally has dry skin i do normall at the end of a shower turn it from hot to lukewarm and then cold for a minute or so, you feel great afterwards :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I rarely have a cold shower but because my family naturally has dry skin i do normall at the end of a shower turn it from ho to lukewarm and then cold for a minute or so, you feel great afterwards :D
Really? Fuck that. It must hurt :p I only have cold showers in the summer.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It's worth the pain though gets the blood circulating and you feel like a champion instead of a prune afterwards

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's worth the pain though gets the blood circulating and you feel like a champion instead of a prune afterwards
Eh? Cold shower makes everything shrink, hot shower makes everything sag....

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Mobile electric heater filled with oil. The oil makes it more efficient to run than a straight electric heater.

Its still not cheap but for spot heat that will heat a room fast they tend to be very good. Oh and you won't get electrocuted because you dripped water on it unless you really make the effort to immerse the plug :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Heating on 24 x 7 hour now. The thermostat is set to 18 Centrigrade. Much cheaper to keep the house at a constant temperature than from warming up from fucking freezing to comfortable.

Apparently that is an old wives tale...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Women should be banned from giving advice due to all their fake ass tales!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*looks at apartment*
*notices radiators around that magically turn on during winter*
*loves Finland and the four season need for adaptation*

Embattle

FH is my second home

Much cheaper to put a jumper on :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Shave all your skin off, then your temperature will be the least of your worries.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pretend to like shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom