Getting old"er"

Olgaline

FH is my second home
know the feeling ?

your sitting in your living room and suddenly it hits you!
"man things arent what they used to be"

the days of drinking every friday and saturday, partying out on the town,
you actually have your own flat, and it's not even messy, infact it's clean! it dawns on you tht the most exiting thing you've done this day is clean the dishes and washed your sons cloths. You actually have a Herb garden, and even worse, your proud of it! your idea of a night out on the town is going to a good resturant and maybe a movie, "if your not too tiered or you have time before you have to be back so the baby sitter can go home"
Home improvement becomes almost a hobby, you start buying all kinds og tools, and the only thing really holding you from "destroying your home" is you Gf's common sence "but dear! i could take out thease floors and..." and so much more

I know its not news, and it's something that happens to the majority of us and tbh i dont mind it one bit, it's just another step on the road so to speak.
it just hit me how much my life has changed the last couple of years.

do share....as I know there are surely a couple of you that are the same age as me, having started daoc back in 2001 and were in thier begining to mid 20's
and above

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<raises hand>

Definitely one of them. Don't feel grown up at all, and certainly don't do as much cleaning as you seem to, but that next stage of life has just kinda crept up on us.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha i love it its brilliant (i mean dont get me wrong im not all like "oh im all grown up dontcherknow wot wot" or anything) i love that i dont have to "be seen" when i was a kid itd be clubbing, too afraid to do stuff i wanted for fear of being labled lame, cant wear comfy shoes for same reason, have to freeze in winter stood outside a club cos its lame to wear a vest pfft!

tbh now im more confident and settled and i still get up early on sunday just to watch cartoons and drink choccy milk, anyone who says its boring just doesnt get it, its not boring its lovely :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In which case, I'm in real trouble :/

And yeah, as a 30 something (sadly) I know what you mean :/

Around 30 is the best of both worlds really.

I'm talking poon wise.

BEcause you all know the(dependant on person) 5-10 year rule.

You should not and usually can not, date/mate a person who's over 5-10(depending) years older/younger then you :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ha i love it its brilliant (i mean dont get me wrong im not all like "oh im all grown up dontcherknow wot wot" or anything) i love that i dont have to "be seen" when i was a kid itd be clubbing, too afraid to do stuff i wanted for fear of being labled lame, cant wear comfy shoes for same reason, have to freeze in winter stood outside a club cos its lame to wear a vest pfft!

tbh now im more confident and settled and i still get up early on sunday just to watch cartoons and drink choccy milk, anyone who says its boring just doesnt get it, its not boring its lovely :)

this is spot on!
and i think it's very natural that as we age, our priorities slowly slide towards quality and well comfort.

also dont get me wrong in my orig post, I do once in a while still go out with my mates for a drink, but even here our habbits have changed, it's not so much the clubs anymore, it's more pubs, where a you can actually have a conversation with the person next to you :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom