Getting into warhammer

Dowie

Regular Freddie
Hey all!

Would like to begin with saying that im an old daocer, but due to the current population on the servers i quit a while ago. I bought Warhammer on the release, but after a week of intense playing i realised i didn't have enough time for the game.
So i've just decided to give the game one more shot, but i would like to ask you guys of some newbie advice, what would you recomend to a new player? is there any programs i could need? any great website for looking up stuff? Is there any class that is badly needed? any server that you would recomend?

Thanks in advance for your ansvers :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Warhammer Forums - Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning

always handy to find out stuff thats happening with various classes, otherwise welcome back where you thinking of playing? (classes that are always welcome ofc are any healers :p )

and server wise you've got a neat choice between :

Quoting Magnus

Karak-Azgal is the largest server in Europe, and also well balanced.
Karak Eight Peaks is large and sport many active guilds. However, there is a surplus of Order players here and so any Destruction players will find themselves in great company!
Karak-Norn is of equal size to Karak Eight Peaks and is further well balanced.
Karak-Hirn is somewhat smaller than the others but still well populated. There's somewhat more Destruction players on the server but this will likely be adjusted soon enough thanks to the Order bonus.
I hope this will help you form an educated decision regarding your destination server. In the end though, they're all good servers with friendly communities.

all in all welcome back :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
can never go wrong rolling a healer, they are always needed in every MMO :)

Dowie

Regular Freddie
Thank you so much guys, will choose Karak-Azgal then, patching the game right now. Will be great to really get to try the game out for real :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Trust me it is a good game. Have a look around for groups of people levelling together and try to stick with them. That way you get to enjoy the whole PQ content the way it was meant to be played.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
yeah ppl starting to help each other out to... we were 5 persons doing a PQ and suddenly we had help from a lv38 (lv 20 PQ)... well when the lord finally was taken down we where 6 ppl rolling... for 8 green bags ^^

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Errr...Karak-Azgal is very Destruction heavy.

Hirn is the most balance server, while 8PK's is Order Heavy.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
why am i always on the underpopulated side :(
oh well i suppose it makes it more of a challenge :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Check out the Curse addons and other Curse network sites like Warhammeralliance and Wabdb.

Play the class you'll enjoy, never play a class because you think it's needed unless you believe will have fun playing it.

Scenarios are fun, but if you like pvp, get your butt to level 4-5 and the straight away to the frontier warcamp, pick up the rvr quests and go slaughter your enemy in the T1 orvr zones (Nordland is usually the most popular). Always look for open warbands, most servers have them often in all 4 tiers nowadays.

Cap out T1 and head-off to T2. Bear in mind that if you do nothing but orvr you will eventually cap your rp's, so a little pve is always handy now and then and the odd scenario can't hurt. Kill collectors are awesome xp, kill 60 of the mob he/she wants and you'll reap a nice reward on your return. Orvr now gives you influence as part of the tier and the rewards are excellent, so thats always worthwhile keeping in mind, also know that each pairing has it's own influence rewards.

When you have had enough of T2, at level 20 grab a horsie and it's off to T3, arguably the best orvr around. Siege keeps, defend them, have a blast mashing your enemies into the dirt! T4 is more of the same, but keep your eyes out for the Fortress raids...now they seem to have sorted a lot of the crashing issues, it's a lot of fun :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Kill collectors are awesome xp, kill 60 of the mob he/she wants and you'll reap a nice reward on your return.

I can't imagine killing 60 of any mob on my zealot would be any kind of fun. But I do agree that the occassional pve is good for the xp.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
meh you should so join K8P destro; we need reinforcements and we are getting a 20% Xp bonus! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom