Get them while you can

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
BBC NEWS | UK | 'Legal highs' set to be banned

Govt set to ban legal substances because they caused a few deaths.

A list of other things that also cause deaths in the 100s of thousands

Alcohol
Tobacco
Fatty food

A list of things that arnt going to be banned for causing death

Alcohol
Tobacco
Fatty food

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
[Highlight]What is drugs![/Highlight]

tris-

Definitions of drugs on the Web:

•A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. ...

tris-

Definitions of web on the Web:

•an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving; "the trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn"

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There are loads of chemicals you can legally buy on the net that synthesise the FX of recreational drugs. For everyone the govt bans another one will replace it.

tris-

They shouldnt be banning them in the first place while so blatantly ignoring Tobacco.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
duty on fags / tobacco bring in lots of money for the govt - tobacco & booze will live forever

tris-

So theyre excuse thart these legal drugs killed a few people so should be banned is clearly a load of shit. What is the real reason they are banning them.

tris-

Oh and check out this little fact. 3g of spice smoking mix they mention costs between £20-£30. It is subjected to vAT so makes the govt money.
3.5g of cannabis costs about £20 and has no VAT.

Still makes no sense to ban it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
no, no it doesn't. It's because someone died and they are loking to blame something because the girl was 'sensible' and have 'morally outraged' parents, the numbers of teenagers who die every day from other shit don't get a look in. Its like that lad who fell off a cliff in... oh shit forgot the name, that place in devon where they go surfing...anyway he got drunk and fell offa cliff and his parents were blaming the whole town saying it was the drinking culture there...

not looking at the fact that they let their 16 yr old son piss off unsupervised, where he then proceeded to do underaged drinkings and shenannigins resulting in his untimely death...but it wasn't his fault...he was a 'sensible' boy!!

people need something to blame, they cannot come to terms with the fact that their kids made choices that resulted in them becoming dead, the gov. has to support them because they cannot say "your kid was a donut, it was their own fault, we are sorry but deal with it" and so have to be seen to be 'doing soemthing'.

It makes no sense but its the way shit is.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
no, no it doesn't. It's because someone died and they are loking to blame something because the girl was 'sensible' and have 'morally outraged' parents, the numbers of teenagers who die every day from other shit don't get a look in. Its like that lad who fell off a cliff in... oh shit forgot the name, that place in devon where they go surfing...anyway he got drunk and fell offa cliff and his parents were blaming the whole town saying it was the drinking culture there...

not looking at the fact that they let their 16 yr old son piss off unsupervised, where he then proceeded to do underaged drinkings and shenannigins resulting in his untimely death...but it wasn't his fault...he was a 'sensible' boy!!

people need something to blame, they cannot come to terms with the fact that their kids made choices that resulted in them becoming dead, the gov. has to support them because they cannot say "your kid was a donut, it was their own fault, we are sorry but deal with it" and so have to be seen to be 'doing soemthing'.

It makes no sense but its the way shit is.

This - & it makes me cross. I should have put that in my list of things in the Without Explanation thread.

Zede

Part of the furniture
stupid government fuckwits, with all thats going on in the world, im glad the uk government is spending our hard earned tax on such important matters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sorry to link to the Daily Mash again but yet again they have got it spot on.
The Daily Mash

Pretty much sums up the governments way of thinking.

tris-

Anyone else thik the sensible thing to do would be make that Spice stuff a main stream product? Have it made in the UK instead of china so we can regulate it propley if necessaey, promote it as a legal alternative to cannabis.
It might get people buying spice instead, which is taxed vs cannabis, gets the govt money and helps them with their anti drug bridage movement.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Anyone else thik the sensible thing to do would be make that Spice stuff a main stream product? Have it made in the UK instead of china so we can regulate it propley if necessaey, promote it as a legal alternative to cannabis.
It might get people buying spice instead, which is taxed vs cannabis, gets the govt money and helps them with their anti drug bridage movement.

Same argument has stood with Cannabis for years ofc - regulate and earn from it and check substances in and out, I remember the thing about Double Zero being laced with shit when I was at Uni. Although I see the appeal of weed etc. glad I never went near it really, alcohol is nice enough for me :)

And frankly Tris add cars to a banned list really. People use those more bloody irresponsibly than most drugs. :(

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Id like you to show me people that died of smoking cannabis...

THEY DO NOT EXIST

The only real reason the government has to ban cannabis is that it might cause mentally instable people to flip and go nuts.. But not even that is a given :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yei, another thread about "tobaccos and drinks is be as bad as drugs so ban them too".

Haven't we been over this yet?

Just go with "i don't like the goverment banning these" and leave the rest out of it, 'cause as it is, it just comes off as whiny "ban this thing and not my thing!"

the problem isn't with the products, it's with the people.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
The only real reason the government has to ban cannabis is that it might cause mentally instable people to flip and go nuts.. But not even that is a given :)

Actually, i saw this happen to a girl I used to work with. She was really nice, smoked some pot her bf gave her (1st blimmin time too) and it caused a chemical reaction resulting in extreme panic attacks and she had to leave work. it sucked but taking into account the number of people who do smoke weed it is rare.

I think the gov. might want to use holland as a point of reference and see how many people are insane/severely effected by drug use in a country where it is common rather than just going NOO!! and thats coming from me and I don't even like drugs (except the legal ones like vallium and morphine...Mmmm but only then when I actually need them lol)

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, i saw this happen to a girl I used to work with. She was really nice, smoked some pot her bf gave her (1st blimmin time too) and it caused a chemical reaction resulting in extreme panic attacks and she had to leave work. it sucked but taking into account the number of people who do smoke weed it is rare.

I've not seen this happen but my father had a friend that have smoked all his life.. recently he just flipped and had to go to some mental institution.. Kinda weird... this man had smoked for 20 years + then this suddenly happens.
However, as long as the government don't controll cannbis you never know what you're gonna get. Technically(sorry spelling?) there could have been some sick fuck dripping acid on your weed.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
there is that..generally its the thought that the stuff had possibly spent a very long time up some junkies bum that puts me off it though :(

Calo

Part of the furniture
its almost impossible to drop dead from just normal weed..

What they do in holland and here in belgium, is a touch of lsd on it.

If you don't expect that, it will freak you out totally.

If you do expect it, you can just control it..

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Show me the amount of people who have dropped dead due to a car.

Semantic arguing - the answer is zero.

The irresponsibility of people using cars is what causes deaths. In the same way, when people get into crime to buy drugs or whatever etc etc. is when deaths start to appear.

tris-

Oh yei, another thread about "tobaccos and drinks is be as bad as drugs so ban them too".

Haven't we been over this yet?

Just go with "i don't like the goverment banning these" and leave the rest out of it, 'cause as it is, it just comes off as whiny "ban this thing and not my thing!"

the problem isn't with the products, it's with the people.

Why dont you read the thread and then tell us what the thread is about.
Its not what you are saying it is, at all.
Probably the total opposite.

Im hoping everyone else understood that I was making a point, that the british govt jump to ban something that caused a few deaths but will not ban something that causes 100s of thousands of deaths. Did anyone else get that or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom